IGNORED

Mark Cooper [son Of Former City Manager]

headhunter

Fomer City boss Terry Cooper will be well pleased that his son Mark has secured his first league management role by joining Posh in the wake of Darren Ferguson's somewhat acrimonious departure.

When TC was boss here I met his son a few times when he was in his teens and he seemed a decent lad. He didn't have a notable playing career but his managerial success with Tamworth and, more recently Kettering, have obviously not gone unnoticed

Good luck to him. Long term successor to GJ perhaps?

Fomer City boss Terry Cooper will be well pleased that his son Mark has secured his first league management role by joining Posh in the wake of Darren Ferguson's somewhat acrimonious departure.

When TC was boss here I met his son a few times when he was in his teens and he seemed a decent lad. He didn't have a notable playing career but his managerial success with Tamworth and, more recently Kettering, have obviously not gone unnoticed

Top bloke was TC - got us out of a right hole and good luck to Mark

Anyone know what TC is doing these days - I understand he was poorly at some stage

Anyone know what TC is doing these days - I understand he was poorly at some stage

I remember Mark playing for us, but he doesn't leave me with any outstanding memories. Maybe a lower division version of Nigel Clough now?

It's a shame that he has moved clubs before Kettering's FA cup game with Leeds as there was obviously a link there and would have made a great TV game, well those were my first thoughts after watching the draw anyway.

Last I head of Terry, who was an absolute Top Bloke, a real 'fans manager' was that he was working for Southampton, scouting I think. I head he was ill too, can't remember what but it was something bad like Parkinson's I thought, but am not sure, so apologies if this isn't the case (and I hope it isn't as I have experience of someone with this condition).

I don't know about a hole ,but he got me & my misses out of a very snowy car park at the Cadbury Club.

We were stuck in a drift after a BCFC fund raising do, back in the day.

He saw us, whipped off his DJ and got his shoulder to my bonnet and pushed. Can't imagine Colin or Tango doing that!

Top Bloke

I'm sure I read somewhere that his first signing is likely to be Aaron Brown.

Looking at a picture yesterday of Mark Cooper, shocking how much he looks like his dad.

MM

More of a shock if he didn't. :shocking:

Completely agree though, a remarkable resemblance and a real chip off the old block, even down to style of speech and facial expressions.

I remember walking through the car park towards the east end as a kid, and reading Mark Cooper is a C*** spray painted on the wall. I was too young to really remember his performances, but assume he wasnt the greatest liked player. Perhaps Managers employing their Sons at Ashton Gate / Football Clubs in general has always been unpopular......

When TC was the manager, Mark was at Backwell school with us. He was a good lad and a good footballer - holding his own amongst the big lads if you'll excuse the expression. I remember he used to sit on the bench at Ashton Gate as a kid during the fourth division days - very much like the famous old Nigel with Brian Clough pictures.

Pretty sure Mark never played any first team games for City - he followed his Dad around, had a good spell in the first team at Birmingham City and also played for Exeter City I think. Clearly doing well as a Manager. Good luck Mark.

TC was a European scout for Southampton living in Spain last I heard. Not sure if the job still exists given the Saints present problems! I think he'll always remain my favourite City manager and it saddens me to remember the Cooper Out chants (on a dark night in Southend).

Archived