IGNORED

Stern John On Loan To Ipswich

bristolcitysweden

Guest zider_head

I hope "STERN JOHN" gets a rubbish reception, he has got to be my most hated player of the last 10 years, no effort, lazy, crap, on silly money.

Made my blood boil

Cant belive Keane can see anything in him, all he wants is a pay day...

Guest zider_head
This does make that game all the more interesting! Although he was terrible for us though he clearly has talent, I mean 20 goals the season before and an international record like his...

Yeah some of the team he scored against wouldnt win the Downs League

Joke standard

Yeah some of the team he scored against wouldnt win the Downs League

Joke standard

Yes it's clearly a low standard, but it's still an impressive record. I'm not saying he'll do well there, that I like him, or that I'd have him back, because I certainly wouldn't, but he clearly does have class, as his 20 goal season for the Saints proved. But he didn't fit into our team well and we clearly didn't get the best out of him!

suggest Roy Keane is getting desparete - which is good, the sack should be along shortly.

I don't think I know of anyone so grossly over rewarded, how much does Keane get paid for being an over opinionated simpleton - and he has a job, unbelieveable.

As for Stern John, a chip of Roy Keane block, they've fooled everyone, and people are still paying them, hundreds of pounds a year!

although he was the worst player I've seen in 20 yrs at city

Yes it's clearly a low standard, but it's still an impressive record. I'm not saying he'll do well there, that I like him, or that I'd have him back, because I certainly wouldn't, but he clearly does have class, as his 20 goal season for the Saints proved. But he didn't fit into our team well and we clearly didn't get the best out of him!

Agreed, the bloke has class and anyone failing to acknowledge that is being plain stupid. I honestly dont no why he didnt get goals for us, i think it was a combination of us not playing to his strengths, and him being to lazy to fit into our playing style. He came across as a ''if you dont put it on a plate, i cannont be f0oked'' type of player.

Without doubt he has the finsihing ability but his attitude is all wrong.

Agreed, the bloke has class and anyone failing to acknowledge that is being plain stupid. I honestly dont no why he didnt get goals for us, i think it was a combination of us not playing to his strengths, and him being to lazy to fit into our playing style. He came across as a ''if you dont put it on a plate, i cannont be f0oked'' type of player.

Without doubt he has the finsihing ability but his attitude is all wrong.

Exactly. He wouldn't have interst from this many Championship players if he was a complete pile of shite! And I agree, Roy Keane was appointed because he was an excellent footballer, just like Paul Ince and many more.

I see the worlds laziest footballer has signed for Roy Keane at Ipswich. That should make for an interesting welcome on Saturday week for arguably the laziest player I have ever seen wear our shirt!

Ha, you are not wrong! Perhaps Keane will get him fired up? Would take a lot for him though! Does Keane ever signed players that he hasn't played for / managed in the past by the way? Presuming they were together at Sunderland that is.

Guest zider_head
Idiot.

You don't score 70+ International goals by being rubbish.

Look up who he has scored against you moron, most country I doubt you have even heard of..............

Guest zider_head

Teams played against in first 108 games scoring 68 goals

Antigua 1 1

Antigua/Barb. 1 1

Bahrain 2 0

Barbados 1 3

Bermuda 5 6

Canada 1 0

Cayman Isl. 1 1

Colombia 2 3

Costa Rica 8 1

Cuba 4 3

Czech Republic 1 0

Dominica 1 4

Dominican Rep. 4 5

Egypt 1 1

El Salvador 2 0

England 2 0

Finland 1 1

Guadeloupe 2 1

Guatemala 5 2

Haiti 9 4

Honduras 6 6

Iceland 0 0

Iraq 1 2

Jamaica 8 4

Martinique 4 4

Mexico 7 3

Morocco 1 0

N. Ireland 1 0

Norway 1 0

Panama 5 2

Paraguay 1 0

Peru 1 0

Scotland 1 1

Slovenia 1 0

South Africa 1 1

St.Kitts/Nevis 2 3

St.Vincent/Gr. 2 2

Sweden 1 0

United States 7 0

Venezuela 1 2

Wales 1 1

So in summary 48 of those goals came against the mighty

Barbados

Colombia

Cuba

Mexico

St.Kitts/Nevis

Dominica

Haiti

Jamaica

Martinique

Dominican Rep.

Bermuda

Honduras

Brilliant hey

Imagine Shearer or Owen in prime would of scored 200 easy

Imagine Shearer or Owen in prime would of scored 200 easy

I don't think Grifty was comparing him to Shearer or Owen- just saying he has a reasonable record for his country at that level which he does. And he had an OK record at Championship level before he came to us and Palace.

Also Mexico are quite good.

So; in the CC Stern John has played for Sunderland, Coventry, Soton, City, Palace and now Ipswich. That's a quarter of the division! Be interesting to sit the six managers down and ask each to state why they signed SJ and what they saw in him.

Archived