IGNORED

Garbage

Olé

That was garbage. We deserved to lose, you can't make that number of individual errors and get anything. Every single player made mistakes, terrible defending, wrong choice of passes, 3 failed one-on-ones, falling over, going backwards, giving possession away.

What is painful is Sheffield United were a very poor team, one of the least dangerous sides I've seen this season and we handed them the game. The defending was hopeless from start to finish, really basic stuff, it should have been 3-0 early in the second half.

The lack of width was an issue and the formation started depressingly and got progressively more disorganised the longer it went on. At 2-1 down attacking our end is was probably the least dangerous we've ever looked chasing a game, the equaliser was a surprise.

There aren't any excuses for a performance like this, perhaps confidence is shot to pieces, but it was far too casual and that is never acceptable nervous or not. It was all over the place and players like Elliott look a shadow of what we know they're capable of.

That was garbage. We deserved to lose, you can't make that number of individual errors and get anything. Every single player made mistakes, terrible defending, wrong choice of passes, 3 failed one-on-ones, falling over, going backwards, giving possession away.

What is painful is Sheffield United were a very poor team, one of the least dangerous sides I've seen this season and we handed them the game. The defending was hopeless from start to finish, really basic stuff, it should have been 3-0 early in the second half.

The lack of width was an issue and the formation started depressingly and got progressively more disorganised the longer it went on. At 2-1 down attacking our end is was probably the least dangerous we've ever looked chasing a game, the equaliser was a surprise.

There aren't any excuses for a performance like this, perhaps confidence is shot to pieces, but it was far too casual and that is never acceptable nervous or not. It was all over the place and players like Elliott look a shadow of what we know they're capable of.

Agree with you on everything but 1 point..... I have seen 4-5 games this season like this! Sadly this was not our worst performance. Points thrown away in 1/2 of our home games this season in the last 5 mins

It was poor but it wasn't our worst this season.

I really fail to understand how anybody can pick McCombe in a back four ever. It's really hard to excuse.

I'm not sure I like leaving out internationals or playing them out of position but including LJ - in fairness to him though he was no worse than anyone else in midfield.

As a positive I thought going forward weren't too bad.

Sheff Utd were definitely weaker than I thought they would be but Henderson impressed again - imagine him next to Maynard.

Mccombe is not good enough for this level, period. That is not a kneejerck reaction either, ever since we were promoted he has been poor.

As for the rest of the performance to be honest i didnt think we did THAT badly, its rare to see us create as many clear cut chances as we did today. The only problem was we couldnt finish them.

Lack of width is as ever an issue but theres no point moaning as nothing can be done for another month and a bit.

The most disappointing thing for me is that we don't appear to be learning from our mistakes, something we are normally good at.

GJ pointed out after WBA that individual errors cost us the game and it's ditto for today.

I couldn't even raise a smile at our equaliser, which came as i was walking down the concourse of the williams and I was in the car park when Henderson (who was magnificent btw) scored his third.

I'm ashamed to admit that i was almost glad they had scored a winner as it will be even more difficult to paper over the obvious cracks we have.

we started really well the first 15 minutes was encouraging then a few silly passes went astray and all of a sudden we panicked and looked really nervous and threw the game away wtf boom was doing today i dont know but saying that we had chances not only to draw but to win today but these silly school boy errors are costing us big time atm and it is starting to piss me off

The most disappointing thing for me is that we don't appear to be learning from our mistakes, something we are normally good at.

GJ pointed out after WBA that individual errors cost us the game and it's ditto for today.

I couldn't even raise a smile at our equaliser, which came as i was walking down the concourse of the williams and I was in the car park when Henderson (who was magnificent btw) scored his third.

I'm ashamed to admit that i was almost glad they had scored a winner as it will be even more difficult to paper over the obvious cracks we have.

almost glad they scored a winner? :disapointed2se:

Carlisle was worse....

You're not wrong there. Today was about errors and lack of width but we did actually create some chances that should have been buried. The fact that we are still carrying lightweight Championship players like McCombe and Johnson in our third season up here is a mild source of disappointment though.

Guest pogopete

To me the main problem is we must start playing for the full 90 minutes the first half we never put them under pressure we let them settle in.Only in the second half when we started too have a go did they look vulnerable but we must stop these silly cock ups.

I've decided after today's game that I'm not going to get a half ST. We desperately need a big forward now for the bench because we are just hitting it long without the players necessary to make a difference with the football we play. Another problem is that McAllister simply isn't fast enough and was caught out on several occasions today so I reckon Fonts needs to be played instead. I think McCombe should only be played in certain games as we all know now that he isn't capable of playing regularly in this division anymore.

That is the mentality of some of our ''fans'', beggers belief really.

It's not really that hard a concept.

If you thought a single heavy defeat was the only way to make the manager fix the problems that are apparent and that doing so would make us have a more successful season then why wouldn't you want us to?

Sometimes you have to take a step backwards to take several forwards.

It's not really that hard a concept.

If you thought a single heavy defeat was the only way to make the manager fix the problems that are apparent and that doing so would make us have a more successful season then why wouldn't you want us to?

Sometimes you have to take a step backwards to take several forwards.

True. It is starting to get worrying how many steps backwards we are going to have to take before we start to take some forward.

It is true that we were spoilt with our first season at this level and hence expectations levels grew to a far greater level than would previously be thought. However, it is the simple things that are going wrong at the moment. The lack of concentration in the team has been highlighted so many times this season and at the tail end of last. I don't know if it is lack of confidence but how many times have we conceeded goals late into games? Conceeded straight after scoring?

garbage, yet we had 14 shots on target.

If we put those 3/4 1v1's away, you would be posting, 'amazing performance'

Jumping the gun

If I was good enough I'd be playing for Man Utd!

I would still highlight the poor individual mistakes we made had we won as there were simply far too many today.

Couldn't even raise a smile? Judging by the reaction from the majority of fans you're well and truly in the minority there!

And thank god for that... where would we be if more supporters were like you? At that point we were on course to rescue a point - a point I think we deserved.

Massive amount of knee-jerk, rubbish being posted on here tonight.

It was poor but it wasn't our worst this season.

I really fail to understand how anybody can pick McCombe in a back four ever. It's really hard to excuse.

I'm not sure I like leaving out internationals or playing them out of position but including LJ - in fairness to him though he was no worse than anyone else in midfield.

As a positive I thought going forward weren't too bad.

Sheff Utd were definitely weaker than I thought they would be but Henderson impressed again - imagine him next to Maynard.

Second that. Is there anybody other than Gary who doesn't think McCombe is a third division player? Going forward we missed 5 clear cut chances, 3 when one on one and could have won despite the worst defending I have seen since Benny was in charge. Unlike Peterborough and Sheff Wed Deano could not prevent a defeat with miracle saves this time.

I've decided after today's game that I'm not going to get a half ST. We desperately need a big forward now for the bench because we are just hitting it long without the players necessary to make a difference with the football we play. Another problem is that McAllister simply isn't fast enough and was caught out on several occasions today so I reckon Fonts needs to be played instead. I think McCombe should only be played in certain games as we all know now that he isn't capable of playing regularly in this division anymore.

You mean those games where the opposition have a big centre forward I presume?

Couldn't even raise a smile? Judging by the reaction from the majority of fans you're well and truly in the minority there!

And thank god for that... where would we be if more supporters were like you? At that point we were on course to rescue a point - a point I think we deserved.

Massive amount of knee-jerk, rubbish being posted on here tonight.

Usually is, mate, straight after a defeat. Some of these idiots will lighten up in a few days, others are idiots all the time and always like a moan.

Some imbecile's talking about giving GJ 'til January, now. We're in real danger of losing one of - if not the best - manager we've ever had, by driving him out!

You're right, we deserved at least a point - maybe all three. Created more than enough chances to win it, we're just making the same silly individual mistakes, as in recent weeks. And GJ's not exempt from these mistakes.

But to go over the top and to call this performance 'the worst under GJ' suggests some people have very short memories and can't remember as far back as a few years to the losing run at the start of his City career...

Yes that includes Henderson as I've said before and generally players with that style in the Championship.

Except that today our massive lump proved himself to be totally incapable of dealing with the aerial or ground threat that the impressive, but not world beating, Henderson presented.

I appreciate the effort McCombe puts in but we have to be ruthless and get rid of him at the earliest opportunity. He was our weakest link today by a country mile and has been on quite a few other occasions so far this season. He cost us at Derby, cost us today, would have cost us at Newcastle had the ref gone to SpecSavers and has generally been struggling this season.

Yes for those games against players like Jon Parkin.

And not Henderson??

For me, the decision to play Boom Boom because he is tall, against Henderson who is tall, says a lot about GJ's way of thinking about the game, i.e. not good enough at this level.

Boom Boom is NOT good enough at this level but Henderson is more than capable at this level, but still he plays a bloke because he is a similar size!! I dont notice too many prem sides playing central defenders against Crouchie that are a similar size because he's tall!!

Still the side looks unbalanced with this mass of central midfield players and no width, we're nearly in Dec now and I still don't know what our best side is .

But overall I enjoyed today far more than some recent performances, Big Jamie and LJ were out of their depth but I thought everyone else gave a decent account. Missed chances and awful errors cost us dear and GJ has still more thinking to do otherwise I think we'll probably continue in this one step forward, one step sideways, one step back pattern.

So frustrating. I actually thought the Midfield did quite well, Haynes and Maynard were far too wasteful though and god knows what we were doing at the back. Agree with many that Boom is not good enough, he was shite last week and again today and I can't understand why he's playing. Yes Nyatanga was poor last week but so was Mccombe, and Nyatanga's been far more reliable for us the best part of the season. I can only assume Fonts is not fully fit, which begs the question why's he on the bench anyway, but aside from that how on earth can you score in 95 and then concede straight after, absoloute joke. However it was probably the most exciting, and in some ways enjoyable performance of the season though IMO, and I don't think the overall performance was anywhere near as bad as people are making out. We just need to be more clinical and sort it out at the back, we used to defend for 95 mins, not just 90, and thats what we need to do again! Must win next week IMO!

Archived