IGNORED

Garbage

Olé

Usually is, mate, straight after a defeat. Some of these idiots will lighten up in a few days, others are idiots all the time and always like a moan.

Some imbecile's talking about giving GJ 'til January, now. We're in real danger of losing one of - if not the best - manager we've ever had, by driving him out!

You're right, we deserved at least a point - maybe all three. Created more than enough chances to win it, we're just making the same silly individual mistakes, as in recent weeks. And GJ's not exempt from these mistakes.

But to go over the top and to call this performance 'the worst under GJ' suggests some people have very short memories and can't remember as far back as a few years to the losing run at the start of his City career...

I agree with a lot of that. My concern is whether GJ will be ruthless enough to make the required changes that need making after what we have seen in the last 8 days of football or will he allow sentimentality to reign like he did at the end of last season.

And he must address the lack of width problem in the January transfer window otherwise lower mid-table is where we will finish.

And not Henderson??

For me, the decision to play Boom Boom because he is tall, against Henderson who is tall, says a lot about GJ's way of thinking about the game, i.e. not good enough at this level.

Boom Boom is NOT good enough at this level but Henderson is more than capable at this level, but still he plays a bloke because he is a similar size!! I dont notice too many prem sides playing central defenders against Crouchie that are a similar size because he's tall!!

I couldn't agree more but Johnson doesn't seem to think that as he's constantly picking him.

Still the side looks unbalanced with this mass of central midfield players and no width, we're nearly in Dec now and I still don't know what our best side is .

But overall I enjoyed today far more than some recent performances, Big Jamie and LJ were out of their depth but I thought everyone else gave a decent account. Missed chances and awful errors cost us dear and GJ has still more thinking to do otherwise I think we'll probably continue in this one step forward, one step sideways, one step back pattern.

We are unbalanced and I agree with 99% of your post, but LJ played pretty well today.

Would he be in my starting line up? No. Did he play better than Elliott and Sno today? Definitely.

McCombe (like Brian Wilson and Sproule) simply aren't Championship standard players. Nyatanga was dreadful last week but Fontaine has to return, along with Haynes playing wide and either Clarkson or Saborio up front alongside Maynard.

Unfortunatly its NOT, people have been saying the same things for the last 6 months, The football we are watching is dire.

No width the main issue, the manager iit seems is the only person who cant see it.

I honestly believe that with a decent wideman out there today we would have taken Sheffield United apart. This is the one burning issue that GJ has to address in January otherwise our season will peter out without so much as a whimper.

So frustrating. I actually thought the Midfield did quite well, Haynes and Maynard were far too wasteful though and god knows what we were doing at the back. Agree with many that Boom is not good enough, he was shite last week and again today and I can't understand why he's playing. Yes Nyatanga was poor last week but so was Mccombe, and Nyatanga's been far more reliable for us the best part of the season. I can only assume Fonts is not fully fit, which begs the question why's he on the bench anyway, but aside from that how on earth can you score in 95 and then concede straight after, absoloute joke. However it was probably the most exciting, and in some ways enjoyable performance of the season though IMO, and I don't think the overall performance was anywhere near as bad as people are making out. We just need to be more clinical and sort it out at the back, we used to defend for 95 mins, not just 90, and thats what we need to do again! Must win next week IMO!

What we are definately not doing at the moment is repeating our defending of our first season back in this league, we would get bodies in the way of everything, we were extremely good at it. Defending with our lives so to speak. We now look a soft touch at the back.

I don't think some of our players have the desire to get in the way of a shot and close down quickly enough, we need to get that hunger for defending back, otherwise we will continue to concede stupid goals.

Usually is, mate, straight after a defeat. Some of these idiots will lighten up in a few days, others are idiots all the time and always like a moan.

But to go over the top and to call this performance 'the worst under GJ' suggests some people have very short memories and can't remember as far back as a few years to the losing run at the start of his City career...

I've never posted a negative comment about GJ's position at this club and I think you'll find 99% of the time I have posted it has been a positive view of the side, often when others are tearing him to shreds. So hopefully you're not including me in the moaners and idiots, I called it like it was, and qualifying my view of the MATCH relative to GJ's tenure is a different thing entirely to moaning about GJ.

Personally I don't have a short memory and I still maintain that in the context of what was possible today against a very poor Sheffield United team (compare them to previous seasons) this was the worst performance under GJ if you consider what was feasible on the day and given the number of chances and good fortune of a late equaliser. These are conditions in which losing is as bad as it gets.

In the losing streak after Gary took over we had disaffected players and strikers on loan from Forest Green and Peterborough for gods sake, that was more than enough mitigating circumstances for woeful performances, but with the squad we have this season, to defend hopelessly, waste 3 one-on-ones and play in a manner that saw us repeatedly go backwards or waste possession does rank as the most depressing performance of all. I take nothing for granted but it was clear we could play far far better than we did.

I'm not holding GJ to task on it or even contemplating the club without him, simply putting across my view of how this performance figures as a negative milestone. People keep quoting the shots on target in insisting it wasn't so bad, but I think the last 10 minutes of the game attacking our own end we probably had fewer shots than any other period of the match, which was a pretty shocking reflection of how poor our shape was when in the ascendancy in the traditional period of laying an opposition goal to siege.

Couple that with horrible defending and relative to what could have been achieved today, it was a low for this team in my opinion. It's one thing to say that so many players made individual mistakes (that itself more widespread than in any previous match under Johnson) but quite another to appreciate that we were very poor in all areas of the game, defending, finishing, possession, passing. In the league I certainly do not recall a match under Johnson where things broke down on all fronts, and that is worthy of comment.

The thing to do now is reflect on and review the formation and best 11, the issue of playing best available players or best players per position, select that formation and side, regroup, refocus and go again. Johnson is absolutely the man to do that, he will also be the one to remind the players of the importance of being strong against the threat of complacency, I had a bad feeling from the outset today that we looked a little casual and complacent about what was required to turn over a weak Sheffield United side.

Some imbecile's talking about giving GJ 'til January, now. We're in real danger of losing one of - if not the best - manager we've ever had, by driving him out!

Luckily, SL is less fickle.

Terrible performance until our first goal and abysmal passing from defence all match but not everything is in the manager's control. Unless we're sure we can get a significantly better one, please consider any demands or ultimatums the rantings of people lacking the maturity to have a worthwhile opinion.

Luckily, SL is less fickle.

Terrible performance until our first goal and abysmal passing from defence all match but not everything is in the manager's control. Unless we're sure we can get a significantly better one, please consider any demands or ultimatums the rantings of people lacking the maturity to have a worthwhile opinion.

Indeed he is and there is no prospect of Gary being sacked in the short to medium term, rightly so. However Steve has made it clear that promotion is essential on the back of the big investment he has made and that failure to achieve that will mean players have to go. There is a parallel with Danny Wilson who was allowed to spend a fortune by third division standards, failed to get promotion and was then told he would have to work with a much smaller budget. He wouldn't have that so he was sacked (again rightly so). Steve is a good guy but he will not wait for ever. Spending a fortune to tread water will not be enough; he will not want his new stadium a third full. :disapointed2se:

What we are definately not doing at the moment is repeating our defending of our first season back in this league, we would get bodies in the way of everything, we were extremely good at it. Defending with our lives so to speak. We now look a soft touch at the back.

I don't think some of our players have the desire to get in the way of a shot and close down quickly enough, we need to get that hunger for defending back, otherwise we will continue to concede stupid goals.

I was impressed by the Sheff U's defence commitment yesterday, Davies nearly KO'd himself blocking LJ's piledriver for example.

I can only totally agree, it was a horrible game to watch, devoid of any shape, passion and finesse. The comeback papered over a very clear ssue that the players do not know how to play 4-3-3 and we have almost zero creativity. Sheffield were a poor side compared to their previous squads, and we gifted them 3 goals and 3 points. We are currently a shambles, and both the players and GJ need to sort it out. Lose next saturday, and it will be back to crisis time, and yes, today we looked like a side destined for relegation. Sloppy, casual, uninterested and just plain poor.

Amazing how people see the game differently, I enjoyed the game. The only point I agree with you is we were poor, at the back.

Archived