IGNORED

Republic Of Ireland.. Wtf?

Riaz

Ireland have requested a "extra" place at next years world cup....

Fifa confirm Ireland request

I have sympathy for the irish, France cheated no doubt. But this is going to far...

When you consider that at no point during the two games with the french they were going through and there was no guarentee they would have won penalties....

Thoughts..

If the Irish get into the World Cup on the strength of the referee missing a blantant handball, I'll be completely stunned. If Blatter and his cronies were to capitulate and let the Irish in it would be simply ridiculous. Any amount of credibilty that FIFA currently have would evaporate.

Teams have decsions go against them all the time (ask Colin :rofl2br: ). The Irish should take the advice of their former captain and get over it.

The appeal The ROI have put out to gain an extra place is cringe worthy. I dont think they will but if FIFA were to award them a place it would make a massive mockery of the World cup. Not only that but it will cause great difficulty in the future with teams left, right and centre appealing to be in tournaments and court cases. It would make the situation messy. If they were serious about giving them a place, they should of gave them a replay right at the start of it all.

Archived