IGNORED

Going Out On Loan, Is It Football Or Financial Reasons?

City1970

Can someone tell me why Gary Johnson always seem to send our young promising talent out on loan, and rarely gets a chance when they return?.

If they are considered not good enough (like some of our first team) then the viability of the academy should be questioned.

I thought going out on loan is to get match fitness and press for a first team place when they return. Ribiero, Akinde, Artus, Wilson and Plummer to name a few do not get a chance under Johnson.

I believe it could be financial reasons.

IMO Ribiero for one should be playing right back in place of the injured Orr.

GJ said Clarkson is not fit. Then why don`t he put him out on loan ?

Can someone tell me why Gary Johnson always seem to send our young promising talent out on loan, and rarely gets a chance when they return?.

If they are considered not good enough (like some of our first team) then the viability of the academy should be questioned.

I thought going out on loan is to get match fitness and press for a first team place when they return. Ribiero, Akinde, Artus, Wilson and Plummer to name a few do not get a chance under Johnson.

I believe it could be financial reasons.

IMO Ribiero for one should be playing right back in place of the injured Orr.

GJ said Clarkson is not fit. Then why don`t he put him out on loan ?

Its clearly for footballing reasons , the Jacksons Plummers Ribero's of this world i wouldnt imagine are on much money wise so its not going to substantially lower the wage bill if they go.

I simply think its down to GJ not thinking they are good enough for the first team, we have seen since GJ has been here that he dosnt trust the youth players. Like you said look at the Ribiero situation for example, why the hell is he not playing? It can only be down to one thing and that GJ and the rest of the managment have little to no faith in any of them. Its been said over and over but why didnt Plummer, Artus, Kington, Walker etc get a run of games towards the end of last season when we had nothing to play for? Im still shocked Wilson got his chance to be quite honest with you.

Many of these ''youth'' players are fast approaching there twenties (Artus is 21 ffs!). There is only so long they can be mollycoddled and put out on loan to get experience. The time is fast approaching for the majority of them to either push for a starting 11 spot or go else were.

Its football but with financial benefits. If Johnson thinks a player would benefit from first team football like Ribiero,Akinde and Wilson curently are, then off they go. They are off the wage bill for the legth of the loan but thats a secondry matter particularly as none of them would be high earners yet.

Sending out young players on loan has a number of benefits. The players gets regular games and maintain fitness, they gain valuable first team experience, and are helping out/strengthening the other team. Its a good system.

Archived