IGNORED

Ok Expectation!

Davros

These are the 24 teams in our div

Newcastle (Prem quality players in depth)

West Brom (Prem quality players in depth)

Nottm Forest (Lots of investment in the summer off the back of being a big club with lots of support)

Leicester (Prem quality players pissed all over div1 last season, no idea how they managed to get relegated in the first place)

Cardiff (Prem quality players and lots of money invested over many years)

Middlesbrough (Prem quality players in depth)

Swansea (Lots of investment over many years)

Blackpool (As much as you love to hate him olly is a good manager and motivator)

QPR (Prem quality players and lots and lots of money pumped into them)

Sheff Utd (Prem quality players in depth)

Bristol City (Solid manager, good squad but still building imho)

Watford (Prem quality players although not as strong as before)

Crystal Palace (Chopper for a manager)

Preston (Quality players in depth, and should do well)

Barnsley (Some quality players and lots of investment)

Doncaster (We nicked Bournemouth FC's squad and have a good manager)

Derby (Prem quality players in depth)

Reading (Prem quality players in depth)

Coventry (They got a winger that we keep raving about but hes not helping fix all their ills)

Sheff Wed (Prem quality players, yet despite this perpetually underachieved)

S****horpe (Good players did well last season)

Ipswich (Prem quality players brought in with a ridiculously over rated manager)

Plymouth (Quality players)

Peterborough (One of the best managers going but still struggling)

I think when you look at the quality in our div, the fact that GJ has had a big shake up in the summer, our Brazilian chopper has unsettled some players and that we have had a ridiculous number of injuries in the start of the season with illness and we have lost one of our best players in brad, were about hitting par with what I would expect. I however do expect after January for us to start moving upwards and not backwards. But all in all GJ is the best manager we have had for decades! so lets stop all the negative crap I keep seeing on here :) and when my leg is sorted I'll want to see you at AG! not on here 3pm to 5pm wittering negative chuff thanks :)

Do you know for the first time today I feel like a slight moan, its not about expecting things I think we have found our level and am happy with where the club are, I am also happy with Gary Johnson and think he is the man to take us forward.

HOWEVER

I hate the fact that we are playing with 4 central midfielders, I also hate the fact that we have a central midfielder at right back. When we have a youngster who is out on loan and should be getting a look in. We wont go down (Touch wood) and probably wont go up so what do we have to lose? Not that Skuse played bad today I just don't see the point.

I am very bored of the football at the moment, maybe thats just because im growing away from football (I am more into music now) but the last few games I have been to have been dire, Peterborough I honestly nearly fell asleep in the first half.

There is no outlet and we badly need to sort it out, I liked the way we lined up against Preston so why has Johnson stopped playing that way? Even when it was possible like today? Sometimes things just make no sense to me.

There is no outlet and we badly need to sort it out, I liked the way we lined up against Preston so why has Johnson stopped playing that way? Even when it was possible like today? Sometimes things just make no sense to me.

I've been wondering this for a long time. Opening game of the season, full strength squad and GJ starts 3-5-2. We have the majority of those players available now, except Orr, yet we are starting with FOUR central midfielders. I'm not one to moan but the last few weeks have been horrendous, no excitement whatsoever today and the fact that Sno got MOTM says alot. His control was good but apart from the through ball to Haynes he didn't produce much going forward.

Nottm Forest (Lots of investment in the summer off the back of being a big club with lots of support)

Leicester (Prem quality players pissed all over div1 last season, no idea how they managed to get relegated in the first place)

Blackpool (As much as you love to hate him olly is a good manager and motivator)

Coventry (They got a winger that we keep raving about but hes not helping fix all their ills)

Ipswich (Prem quality players brought in with a ridiculously over rated manager)

I think when you look at the quality in our div, the fact that GJ has had a big shake up in the summer, our Brazilian chopper has unsettled some players and that we have had a ridiculous number of injuries in the start of the season with illness and we have lost one of our best players in brad, were about hitting par with what I would expect. I however do expect after January for us to start moving upwards and not backwards. But all in all GJ is the best manager we have had for decades! so lets stop all the negative crap I keep seeing on here :) and when my leg is sorted I'll want to see you at AG! not on here 3pm to 5pm wittering negative chuff thanks :)

You have looked at the fixture list between now and the end of Jan? today on paper was one of the easier games. Could of gone either way today apparently 2/3 nil but ended 0-0 due to poor finishing and good goalkeeping.

Excuses are easy to find, facts are we are not on the money and a way off being a force in this division, inconsistant as normal.

You massively overrate the opposition and we are under performing and not getting enough out of the quality players we are paying for because of the team selections and formation.

I have been a little generic in my posts about the opposition I will agree. And yes we do need to get more from the players we have, but I think that is something that happens over the coarse of a season when you make as many changes as we have.

I just get frustrated at some of the dribble I see people post about how enough is enough and GJ must go? As for Lee I think his attributes as a player are good and he is a class player, however he does lack the build and stature to be a week in week out top class player. But 90% of the criticism of him is not warranted.

Ive never expected us to be challenging in this division, what i DO expect is our manager to be positive with his tactics and not the negative stuff were currently watching.

We have no width, we need width, everyone can see it.

Most of us have always watched a City team that have tried to play attacking football with wingers,even Terry Cooper had us playing this way when we were 92nd in the league.He wasnt scared to play attacking football.

The current manager is scared it seems though.

Ive never expected us to be challenging in this division, what i DO expect is our manager to be positive with his tactics and not the negative stuff were currently watching.

We have no width, we need width, everyone can see it.

Most of us have always watched a City team that have tried to play attacking football with wingers,even Terry Cooper had us playing this way when we were 92nd in the league.He wasnt scared to play attacking football.

The current manager is scared it seems though.

Interestingly, most of that football was played in the third tier.

Do you know for the first time today I feel like a slight moan, its not about expecting things I think we have found our level and am happy with where the club are, I am also happy with Gary Johnson and think he is the man to take us forward.

HOWEVER

I hate the fact that we are playing with 4 central midfielders, I also hate the fact that we have a central midfielder at right back. When we have a youngster who is out on loan and should be getting a look in. We wont go down (Touch wood) and probably wont go up so what do we have to lose? Not that Skuse played bad today I just don't see the point.

I am very bored of the football at the moment, maybe thats just because im growing away from football (I am more into music now) but the last few games I have been to have been dire, Peterborough I honestly nearly fell asleep in the first half.

This sort of moan I can live with its a good little moan. Its honest and not mindless ripping of either the team or the manager.

I've been wondering this for a long time. Opening game of the season, full strength squad and GJ starts 3-5-2. We have the majority of those players available now, except Orr, yet we are starting with FOUR central midfielders. I'm not one to moan but the last few weeks have been horrendous, no excitement whatsoever today and the fact that Sno got MOTM says alot. His control was good but apart from the through ball to Haynes he didn't produce much going forward.

Surely anybody who voted anyone other than Dean Gerken as MOTM needs to go and get a Guide Dog!!!

Personally, I think expectations in some quarters may be a little too high- yes we had a superb first season, top with a month to go and all that, playoff final. Was a great season.

However, top 10 Championship with a tilt at the playoffs and possible play off place is perhaps our current level- as the op pointed out, there nare many clubs at this level with recent PL experience, think Newcastle, WBA, to an extent Sheff United. QPR spent plenty, Cardiff spent £5m on Chopra alone! Have we even spent as much as that on transfer fees in the past few seasons? Talk of the top 2 as was the case until lately is surely a bit fanciful, but you never can tell.

His kicking is by far the worst of any keeper I've seen down Ashton Gate for years!

So despite the fact that he pulled off four match saving stops the fact the he hit a couple of dodgy kicks means he was crap then!! He was our best player and it shouldn't even be up for debate in my view. And is his kicking any worse than Basso's - I'm not sure it is.

So despite the fact that he pulled off four match saving stops the fact the he hit a couple of dodgy kicks means he was crap then!! He was our best player and it shouldn't even be up for debate in my view. And is his kicking any worse than Basso's - I'm not sure it is.

A keeper who is 6 ft 4 inches tall should be able to comfortably kick past the centre circle. I expect a keeper of Gerken's size to also comfortably command his area however, today he simply couldn't do anything but punch the ball away from the corners. Last week Gerken was at fault for Sheffield United's second goal but he didn't seem to get much criticism for it.

A keeper who is 6 ft 4 inches tall should be able to comfortably kick past the centre circle unfortunately. I expect a keeper of Gerken's size to comfortably command his area however, today he simply couldn't do anything but punch the ball away from the corners. Last week Gerken was at fault for Sheffield United's second goal but he didn't seem to get much criticism for it.

Cut the crap - are you saying that Gerken didn't play well and was not our Man of The Match today? He punched ONE ball from a corner and he was at fault for Sheffield United First goal by the way.

A keeper who is 6 ft 4 inches tall should be able to comfortably kick past the centre circle. I expect a keeper of Gerken's size to also comfortably command his area however, today he simply couldn't do anything but punch the ball away from the corners. Last week Gerken was at fault for Sheffield United's second goal but he didn't seem to get much criticism for it.

For the second goal?

First yes, third who knows, but second....

Cut the crap - are you saying that Gerken didn't play well and was not our Man of The Match today? He punched ONE ball from a corner and he was at fault for Sheffield United First goal by the way.

I recall Danny Haynes having to clear the ball from the line because he couldn't command his own box properly! He was our MOM simply because no one else looked remotely good in an utterly rubbish game of football.

I recall Danny Haynes having to clear the ball from the line because he couldn't command his box properly! He was our MOM simply because no one else really looked remotely good in an utterly rubbish game of football.

I agree he should command the defence better and rule the area considering his size. Basso was often crititized for this but Gerken is no better.

To big for being mobile I guess.

My dodgy memory tells me we drew many games and were dreadful to watch.

Yeah your right it was awful to watch.

What worries me is the stuff were being dished up with now is reminding me of it.

The style of football we get to watch reflects how we all feel, at the moment i am disillusioned with our style.

One half against QPR this season proves that we are capable of playing exciting football so why doesnt the manager encourage it more.

Currently we go out not to lose rather than go for the win IMO.

I recall Danny Haynes having to clear the ball from the line because he couldn't command his own box properly! He was our MOM simply because no one else looked remotely good in an utterly rubbish game of football.

I thought the saves he made had more to do with it than anything!! You don't get MOTM just for standing there. At least we are in total agreement on the standard of the football though!!

I agree he should command the defence better and rule the area considering his size. Basso was often crititized for this but Gerken is no better.

To big for being mobile I guess.

Basso is an experienced 33 year old keeper whereas Gerken is 24 which is relatively young as a Keeper and therefore he is still learning his trade. This boy will come good (he is playing well enough already) under Stuart Naylor, trust me!!

At least we all agree (GJ too) that a left winger will help our situation no end, roll on Jan tbh imo

Agreed. We have to muddle through to the window and whilst this was a situation that may have been avoided it is too late to cry over spilt milk. However, if Johnson doesn't sort out this bit of mess we are in I would be severely p1$$ed off. It would be far worse if he felt that performances like today were the way forward!!

Agreed. We have to muddle through to the window and whilst this was a situation that may have been avoided it is too late to cry over spilt milk. However, if Johnson doesn't sort out this bit of mess we are in I would be severely p1$$ed off. It would be far worse if he felt that performances like today were the way forward!!

Aye, no point getting all bent out of shape over past results no matter how annoying it was to lose, they are irrelevant.

I hope we bring in a couple of players next month, we sure need that width and a top class defender wouldn't go a miss, while SL has his cheque book out lets get another striker!

Need Basso and Trundle to leave in Jan, I don't think Basso's presence is helping much, need him removed.

Archived