IGNORED

None So Blind As Those That Will Not See

Markman

You think GJ has trained them to do this?

BTW we only started doing this in the last 10 mins.

Really? Were you actually there?!? Because if you were then you saw a different game to everyone else! This is how we played for the majority of the game. Many of us were commenting on the stupidity (and alarming regularity) of such a tactic, as their two centre halves were gobbling up our hoofs all bloody game. The only time we looked dangerous was when we actually got the ball down and played it on the deck, which if you total up the number of mins we did that for, then I would honestly say that we did that for about 5 mins in total.

I'd be grateful if I could borrow the rose tinted specs when you've finished with them please!

Lets back up a bit.

In GJ's first season we used Scott Brown and Wilkshire on the left flank, both scored goals. Wilkshire left and GJ was asked who he would sign as a left winger. I remember being amazed at the time as GJ said " A left winger had not been one of his considerations ". It was as if left midfielders did not exist, were not importent or part of his basic tactics. That same mentality seems to be with him today and as long as it does we will not be a club playing with width.

Point two, I have made the comment for 3 seasons that McCombe, B Wilson and LJ do not have the quality to affect a game at this level and should move on. Nothing personal, they are good 90 minute pro's, who turn up and give a good shift for our club. They just do not affect the game, thats all.

Point three. At the start of the season I posted saying that GJ & SL were putting a good squad together, spending the cash and looking at a promotion run this season. I said we had the squad and it was down to selections, substitutions and tactics to get us to the end game. In that regard imo GJ has failed. In a nutshell our manager is the cure, the solution or our downfall. I hope he gets it right and on that I have my thoughts, however he's the man getting the cash to steer the ship.

Lets hope he can see the light before darkness takes us to the bottom half of the division. It can be done by GJ and I for one want to know how much input does KM have with our selections and tactics, in any event they need to lift their game and maximise the talent they have available.

Rednready.

Its a fair point about KM - I guess my concerns are with the coaching staff led by GJ - do you really think GJ would keep someone around who really challenged him? Me - I don't think so not GJs style.

Like most I love away trips and hope to go to Leicester - love the trip the banter and the support. But - when it comes to the "We love you GJ.." I find it hard to join in cos I don't. I respect what he did for the Club, I am grateful for him getting us promotion but I don't love him for letting things stand still (and his digs at the supporters from time to time) - I would have a lot more faith in him if he just put his hands up and said - I (I I I) am getting it wrong, I am responsible - I will turn it around - most of the time I hear him blaming the players, the situation or accusing some of us of being the problem - we are not the problem, we are the ones that care most of all.

If I were picking the team tomorrow I'd have Sno as the defensive midfielder, get Hartley much further forward in the middle - wasn't he 'promised' this when he came down here? - and have Haynes attacking from wide left as IMO his strength his is fearless running straight at defenders, something we do virtually none of yet gets results every time you see it from other teams. Sno did it yesterday and the defence pooped themselves leaving Haynes free.

Time for the said Cockney Wide Boy to take SL's money, go and open a pub, start a pub team with no wingers , and take his son, sundry relatives and remaining happy clappers here. They can respectively be... the star turn in the pub team's midfield, the kit/physio men and the inebriated and gullible regulars at the bar listening to endlessly repeated tales of how the ungrateful fans, the disloyal players ( whom he signed ) and a non-spending Chairman thwarted him from achieving World Domination at Ashton Gate.

Wake up everyone - the man has been and is taking everyone for a ride including SL. He's also out of his depth above League 1. The only question in my mind which should delay his inevitable exit ( not the money - the loss of season ticket holders or worse eventual relegation will lose the club more if he stays ) is whom should take over. Admit I don't have that one nailed yet. A thread on that anyone ?

What an absolute ******* joke.

Time for the said Cockney Wide Boy to take SL's money, go and open a pub, start a pub team with no wingers , and take his son, sundry relatives and remaining happy clappers here. They can respectively be... the star turn in the pub team's midfield, the kit/physio men and the inebriated and gullible regulars at the bar listening to endlessly repeated tales of how the ungrateful fans, the disloyal players ( whom he signed ) and a non-spending Chairman thwarted him from achieving World Domination at Ashton Gate.

Wake up everyone - the man has been and is taking everyone for a ride including SL. He's also out of his depth above League 1. The only question in my mind which should delay his inevitable exit ( not the money - the loss of season ticket holders or worse eventual relegation will lose the club more if he stays ) is whom should take over. Admit I don't have that one nailed yet. A thread on that anyone ?

Tell you what, as GJ won't be going anywhere anytime soon, why don't you, and sundry moany ol' gits, take yourselves off and support your local pub team?

Tell you what, as GJ won't be going anywhere anytime soon, why don't you, and sundry moany ol' gits, take yourselves off and support your local pub team?

You are right in saying GJ wont be going anywhere, but we all have a right to express our own views, and thats all they are; even if they are not what we are supposed to be thinking. :tongue:

You are right in saying GJ wont be going anywhere, but we all have a right to express our own views, and thats all they are; even if they are not what we are supposed to be thinking. :tongue:

Glos - you're absolutely right and I have no problem with people saying that GJ must go, or SL should do this that or the other. What I have issue with is that anyone that doesn't agree with that view gets called a "happy clapper" as though they are too stupid to think for themselves. The poster I was replying to was also suggesting that these "happy clappers" should bugger off with GJ and others and set up a pub team - I was merely suggesting that maybe it might be easier for him to support his lccal pub team of he is so unhappy at the moment.

Carry on...

Glos - you're absolutely right and I have no problem with people saying that GJ must go, or SL should do this that or the other. What I have issue with is that anyone that doesn't agree with that view gets called a "happy clapper" as though they are too stupid to think for themselves. The poster I was replying to was also suggesting that these "happy clappers" should bugger off with GJ and others and set up a pub team - I was merely suggesting that maybe it might be easier for him to support his lccal pub team of he is so unhappy at the moment.

Carry on...

Oh you are to kind, I thank you :worship2::farmer:

STILL no sound of incoming from the Happy Clapper, Johnson is God and can do no wrong brigade??? Really thought I would hear the sirens sounding by now over BS3 - Surely they CANNOT have finally seen the light and come to their senses that he has taken us as far as he can BUT sadly spent a lot of SL's millions in trying to make a team of central midfielders into the process.

One thing that SERIOUSLY does worry me is that SL stated "if" we didnt get promoted this season (Alright stop laughing) then we would HAVE to unload players to make the wage bill sustainable (Even SL's pockets have a bottom) so "if" Johnson was to do the honourable thing and ride off with a minimum of three years salary (Sponsored by Hargreaves and Lansdown) into the Clevedon sunset, what would the new manager be inheriting? A team of (what was left) high earners with very little creativity or left footed players and a defence which lets face it, is average (Boom boom sit down and stay glued to that bench). Not a very appealing prospect to any candidate thinking of throwing in their CV unless their name is IainDowie and he applies for ANY job!!!!

VERY VERY VERY worrying times ahead im afraid.

Am sure most people are bored with the inevitable postings that follow anything less than a victory and simply know not to bother visiting the forum....................worrying times are in the past.

Am sure most people are bored with the inevitable postings that follow anything less than a victory and simply know not to bother visiting the forum....................worrying times are in the past.

I really hope that statment dosent come back to bite you,.,.this season,around the end of Jan, as a nasty few months are coming up :unsure:

You think GJ has trained them to do this?

BTW we only started doing this in the last 10 mins.

Seemed to me that McIndoe didn't want to play for us any more. Who else were we going to sign?

Skuse didn't let much past him today. He impresses me more as a RB than a CM. Also Carey/Wilson can play RB. I'm more concerned with lack of coverage at LB, especially when McAllister went down today.

And why shouldn't Sno play inside left? His passing and stamina aren't good enough atm to play in the middle. Does it not occur to you that criticising lack of width and playing Sno out wide in the same sentence is impressively self-contradictory?

We have problems yes but I would suspect that GJ has a better grasp on what they are.

The problem of lacking players with pace on the flanks (wingers if you will) really manifested itself yesterday when we are defending. I agree that Sno offered an outlet out left when we attacked, but when we defended there was no one tracking back on either flank which mean that ipswich were able to knock crosses into Stead all day long.

The problem of lacking players with pace on the flanks (wingers if you will) really manifested itself yesterday when we are defending. I agree that Sno offered an outlet out left when we attacked, but when we defended there was no one tracking back on either flank which mean that ipswich were able to knock crosses into Stead all day long.

Stead was taken off quite early. He only looked dangerous in the first 30 mins when he kept losing his marker down our left.

HZ25 - we're talking about yesterday, right? Cos I'm baffled why you think that.

Shaker - agree with Haynes needing the ball in a lot of space. Strongly disagree with your points about Hartley and Sno though for reasons given elsewhere.

100% behind you Markman, im also in those trenches with you mate - but for the first time ever I dont see a lot of incoming (Does that not tell us all something???)

What it tells me is that there have been so many moaning treads most people can't be bothers to dignify them with an answer.

Absolutely spot on Markman. Today was the final straw for me. I have always backed GJ to the hilt despite worries about his tactics and team selection but that ends now. Yet again today we had no width and no shape - just who was supposed to be playing on the right in the first half cos from what I could see Elliot and Johnson were both playing next to the excellent Hartley in the middle? He hauls off Sno even though he'd had a good game playing completely out of position (although to be fair, we don't have a single player who can play left midfield in the squad - Trundle anyone?), he has an in-form striker in Maynard who is having the form knocked out of him because he gets no service AT ALL, a midfielder at right back, two small centre forwards who keep having to try and win the ball in the air against 6ft+ centre backs (one of who would be much better playing wide right), and I could go on....

I have had enough. Gary Johnson has done a great job lifting our club out of the mire that was League 1 and establishing us as a Championship club, but now we are stagnating and going backwards. The problems are plain to see - if Johnson keeps his blinkers on and doesn't address them then we are in big trouble.

Good Post, where are the Happy Clappers now. :badmood:

Archived