IGNORED

Thinking The Unthinkable

CalgaryRed

If SL should decide to press the button, and assuming this thread makes it past the moderators (!), whom would you pick to replace GJ ? And don't say folks it won't ever happen...SL is a realist and didn't make the Sunday Times Richest 100 in the UK by being a fool :

My vote ...assuming he'd accept is : DARREN FERGUSON

Why ?

City are bigger than Peterborough so a step up

Two promotions in successive seasons

Attractive football

Played at and with the highest level - not frightened by big names

Incomparable mentor in the shape of his old man love him or hate him

No nonsense Scot

Something to prove after Peterborough fired him.

Rest my case

If SL should decide to press the button, and assuming this thread makes it past the moderators (!), whom would you pick to replace GJ ? And don't say folks it won't ever happen...SL is a realist and didn't make the Sunday Times Richest 100 in the UK by being a fool :

Why ?

Attractive football

No nonsense Scot

Rest my case

I think he would be a massive gamble, and if SL did ever let GJ go....I like to think he would go for a more experienced campaigner, either a Steve Coppell or Alan Curbishley.

Although I think GJ is struggling, his departure is still very much a long way off, and although I question him, I still back him 100%

Absolutely agree with this, so we are going through a bit of a bad spell.

Take a step back and look at the bigger picture. We are the furthest forward as a club we have been in decades and I for one am still 100% behind GJ through good times and not so good.

Let's face it we haven't had to deal with much not so good over the last few years and I think some people are getting too used to having everything our own way.

Why ?

Attractive football

No nonsense Scot

Rest my case

I don't actually rate Gary Johnson as the messiah like some, but what the **** has Darren Ferguson done apart from grow up in his dad's company?

Played at the highest level - hmm a GJ/LJ debate there methinks and not frightened by big names because his dad would drop them no doubt - not sure what big names he's managed - Mackail- Smith is pretty big I suppose.

His wife certainly thought he was no nonsense when he showed her he was handy with his fists.

He just got sacked from Peterborough!! - let him prove hImself somewhere else .

I think he would be a massive gamble, and if SL did ever let GJ go....I like to think he would go for a more experienced campaigner, either a Steve Coppell or Alan Curbishley.

Although I think GJ is struggling, his departure is still very much a long way off, and although I question him, I still back him 100%

If I was Steve Lansdown I'd bring in David Moyes of Everton. An ex Bristol City FC player and a manager of a current top flight club. If Everton get bored with him - bring him here. :fingerscrossed:

Spot on. Johnson won't be leaving City for sometime yet. He's got a very good contract and to dismiss him would mean paying that up. The only way Johnson would be sacked would be if City were seriously in the relegation mire and I doubt that will happen - although you never know. It hasn't been good all season.

Should a vacancy arise at City, Curbishley and Coppell are both experienced managers with decent CV's but would be expensive.

It depends on SL's ambitions. He has hinted that the big spending days are over, and he wants the books to balance. I think GJ has proved himself a good Manager with a limited budget, creating a team with limited players. It might also mean using Academy lads, which is not a great strength of his.

If we carry on spending, I think it fair to say that GJ has not proved great at spending money, and that he has not got the best out of the few quality players that he has signed.

If I was Steve Lansdown I'd bring in David Moyes of Everton. An ex Bristol City FC player and a manager of a current top flight club. If Everton get bored with him - bring him here. :fingerscrossed:

Didn't David Moyes apply before 1 of my all time favourite players but so was Tinman a legend opps sorry, i'd love to see him in charge but the crafty cockney might see sense yet and alter his negative mindset .....

But why stop there?

Surely if SL had real ambition he'd go for Jose Mourinho, Sir Alex or Arsene Wenger?

Back in the real world - Curbishley has said numerous times that he only wants to manage a club who are already in the Prem, so forget him.

All hypothetical, but Sean O' Driscoll would be my choice if we're talking realistic targets. Think he's done a good job at Doncaster and has a reputation of getting his teams to play good football.

Archived