IGNORED

David Moyes Our Former Player...

Mr Mosquito

I watched the Everton v Spurs highlights last night and I was amazed at how David Moyes managed an injury hit Everton to come back from 0-2 down to get the draw against an on fire Spurs side. On paper, Spurs are far more classy than Everton and yet David Moyes got his team to hold them to a draw. So why can't our very own Gary Johnson get that kind of barn storming result against the better sides in this division ???!!!! :noexpression:

I watched the game as well and to be fair Spurs thought that at 2-0 up the game was won. That let Everton back in and don't forget that Spurs missed a last min penalty which would have almost certainly won the game.

Moyes has done well in difficult circumstances but Everton are a yoyo team. One decent season followed by a poor one followed by a good one and so on. He's the one factor that keeps them in the PL.

I watched the game as well and to be fair Spurs thought that at 2-0 up the game was won. That let Everton back in and don't forget that Spurs missed a last min penalty which would have almost certainly won the game.

Moyes has done well in difficult circumstances but Everton are a yoyo team. One decent season followed by a poor one followed by a good one and so on. He's the one factor that keeps them in the PL.

I remember David Moyes when he was here - was it Joe Jordan that was manager then? If I was Steve Lansdown I'd definately have my eye on David Moyes of Everton as a replacement for Gary Johnson. If Everton get bored with him - bring him here. :fingerscrossed::innocent06:

If I was Steve Lansdown I'd definately have my eye on David Moyes of Everton as a replacement for Gary Johnson. If Everton get bored with him - bring him here. :fingerscrossed::innocent06:

I hope SL is (a) more patient than most of this forum (b) more realistic about who we could attract - Moyes is often talked about now as Fergie's possible succesor! If GJ were to leave (which I hope will not happen for a very long time), I'd love Moyes as a replacement. But it ain't gonna happen.

Should have been our manager when Cluless was appointed, was getting on a plane to come back from America to be interviewed when he heard Clueless was about to be appointed.

Gary Johnson's done well turning this club around and getting us to where we are now but the likes of David Moyes is the type to bring in if we are to continue momentum and "press on" to the Premier League.

Should have been our manager when Cluless was appointed, was getting on a plane to come back from America to be interviewed when he heard Clueless was about to be appointed.
Biggest mistake ever that was. We would or would have been a prem team by now.

Biggest mistake ever that was. We would or would have been a prem team by now.

All may not be lost because David Moyes has a lot more managerial experience now than when we failed to sign him up. Who knows, David Moyes may yet become our manager. :winner_third_h4h: The big failing with clueless - apart from signing crocked and injury prone players - is that he really didn't seem to like us as City supporters.

I remember we were 2 down against Plymouth and came back to draw, but then that was because Trundle came on and had nothing to do with the manager! :rolleyes:

A lot of similarities with our game v Sheffield Utd.

We came back from two down with a late equaliser and lost to an injury time goal.

Everton also came back from two down and but for a poor penalty by Defoe would also have lost to an injury time goal.

You know this because... ?
Just my opinion but I honestly think we would have been. We certainly wouldn't have spent years trying to get out of league one that's for sure.

Just my opinion but I honestly think we would have been. We certainly wouldn't have spent years trying to get out of league one that's for sure.

Too right, I also think David Moyes would have got us promotion from Div 1 at least 4 seasons before we actually did manage it.

I just logged on here and the first thing I saw was Moysie's name....just for a few seconds I believed! :wub:

Back to reality, we've missed the boat with him. Surely he's onto bigger things if not ManU, how the hell am I going to bring myself to support that lot if he goes there :no: , then the Scotland job maybe.

Gutted we got Pulis, surely the most hated manager in our history, when Moyes was here waiting to get the nod. Yes I know all about experience, blah, blah, blah and hindsight too but I think not employing Moyes was one of the biggest mistakes in our history. (Ok I'm a bit biased maybe ).

I just logged on here and the first thing I saw was Moysie's name....just for a few seconds I believed! :wub:

Back to reality, we've missed the boat with him. Surely he's onto bigger things if not ManU, how the hell am I going to bring myself to support that lot if he goes there :no: , then the Scotland job maybe.

Gutted we got Pulis, surely the most hated manager in our history, when Moyes was here waiting to get the nod. Yes I know all about experience, blah, blah, blah and hindsight too but I think not employing Moyes was one of the biggest mistakes in our history. (Ok I'm a bit biased maybe ).

I reckon ManU will promote from within. David Moyes could do a good job here and he's got masses more managerial experience than he had when we first should have signed him as manager. If Steve Lansdown wants to really push the boat out with a superb managerial appointment then it has to be David Moyes. :fingerscrossed:

I reckon ManU will promote from within. David Moyes could do a good job here and he's got masses more managerial experience than he had when we first should have signed him as manager. If Steve Lansdown wants to really push the boat out with a superb managerial appointment then it has to be David Moyes. :fingerscrossed:

I bet there will be higher profile clubs than us after Moyes...

To use the word over ambitious is an under statement if we are talking about getting in David Moyes, we simply would have no chance.

As Red M said we missed the boat a long time ago with him.

If someone had said last season that we'd get paul Hartley from Glasgow Celtic I'd have thought they were over ambitious. After watching us play Ajax of Amsterdam I never thought we'd get Evander Sno either. Seems like we've got a very ambitious Chairman with a stuck in the mud manager who will always favour....ahem....a relation over our better midfield players.

If someone had said last season that we'd get paul Hartley from Glasgow Celtic I'd have thought they were over ambitious. After watching us play Ajax of Amsterdam I never thought we'd get Evander Sno either. Seems like we've got a very ambitious Chairman with a stuck in the mud manager who will always favour....ahem....a relation over our better midfield players.

So you think the Chairman made these signings over the manager's head?

Two words: Jose Mourhino.

get Steve McClaren in! would love him here, think he is a great manager

Agreed. McClaren got a rough ride as England manager, but he took the job at the wrong time. If he'd bided his time, waited another 10 to 15 years before taking it, managed abroad for a while as he is now, and taken on a few big clubs, then he would have made a much better job of it. Sadly he was dazzled by the bright lights.

Look at him now, top of the league in Holland with an unfashionable team, not one of the big three and he's managed in the Champions League - not many English managers can say that! Plus, he was the mastermind behind Manc Scum winning the treble and he took Middlesbrough(!) into Europe. That's a pretty impressive CV. One failure as England manager does not a bad manager make.

Two words: Jose Mourhino.

Agreed. McClaren got a rough ride as England manager, but he took the job at the wrong time. If he'd bided his time, waited another 10 to 15 years before taking it, managed abroad for a while as he is now, and taken on a few big clubs, then he would have made a much better job of it. Sadly he was dazzled by the bright lights.

Look at him now, top of the league in Holland with an unfashionable team, not one of the big three and he's managed in the Champions League - not many English managers can say that! Plus, he was the mastermind behind Manc Scum winning the treble and he took Middlesbrough(!) into Europe. That's a pretty impressive CV. One failure as England manager does not a bad manager make.

You're probably right as Jose Mourhino is a big name manager that would be a big target for the big name club that is Man United. As for McClaren, he walked away from the England job with jackpot £millions so the England job was successful for him !!!!!! :whistle2: I still reckon Moyes would come and manage here if things turned sour for him at Goodison Park.

You're probably right as Jose Mourhino is a big name manager that would be a big target for the big name club that is Man United. As for McClaren, he walked away from the England job with jackpot £millions so the England job was successful for him !!!!!! :whistle2: I still reckon Moyes would come and manage here if things turned sour for him at Goodison Park.

You're right - financially it was very successful! But fair play to him, he's shown he's interested in more than just the money by going abroad to rebuild his career.

He reminds me of Roy Hodgson, another man with a City connection, who's also very educated and cosmopolitan, and who's also the man that should probably take over the England job if Fabio decides he's had enough after the World Cup (which is possible...).

But Pulis has actually got a team promoted from the Championship to the Premier League, which Moyes never has.

Moyes had taken Preston about as far as Johnson has taken City before he got his chance with Everton. There's no evidence to suggest that he could actually have got Preston that step further.

Are some of you being serious in saying if Johnson did leave we should go in for Moyes? :innocent06:

I'm sure he would leave Everton, who are one of the best sides in the premier league and who also play UEFA Cup football for a club who are mid-table in the championship.

In advance I do apologise if some of you are just joking but if your being serious, blimey go get your head screwed on straight

Are some of you being serious in saying if Johnson did leave we should go in for Moyes? :innocent06:

I'm sure he would leave Everton, who are one of the best sides in the premier league and who also play UEFA Cup football for a club who are mid-table in the championship.

In advance I do apologise if some of you are just joking but if your being serious, blimey go get your head screwed on straight

I agree with you. Absolute nonsense. I'd go for Martin O'Neill myself.

Archived