IGNORED

Play Offs

gary cornes

So, if we start winning in the next 2 games and get in the playoffs, will you admit you're wrong?

I admit I'm an admirer of GJ. I got the chance to talk privately with him briefly and he's a very down-to-earth bloke and somebody I could be friends with. I've not seen a single convincing argument that he's made any major mistakes.

Any objective person will look at your post and agree that you're desperate to blame GJ for reasons of your own. You might be right... but you don't know you are and it just looks like you have a chip on your shoulder.

How have you worked that out? Its simple, we play with no width and are becoming boring to watch. 85% of people on here would agree with that. Im blaming GJ for the reasons that our down to him, its got nothing to do with me making up reasons of my own.

Im not of the opinion that GJ should leave, far from it. But i just think there are quite a few fans like yourself mindjuicer that seem quite content in burying there heads in the sand and not admitting the obvious mistakes GJ has made, particularly in the summer in letting Mcindoe go and leaving ourselves with Sproule as our only winger.

What's your thoughts on Jamie McCombe incidentally - let me guess, whatever GJ says.

Well he got immense abuse after Sheff U, even by LJ's standards, and I suspect some of it was undeserved.

Most of the goals we give up are because somebody wasn't marking somebody they should have. But I find it really hard to tell who.

GJ dropped him and I'm guessing for more than the single mistake that led to the 2nd goal... because we got beat in the air a lot on Saturday.

It wouldn't surprise me if some of the criticism is getting to him.

For me, Carey and Fonts stand head and shoulders above the rest. Everyone rates Carey but I really rate Fontaine as well. In a 2 on 1 situation, I'd rather have Fontaine defending than Carey. Of course, he lacks Carey's leadership, tenacity and concentration but you can't have everything.

Based on what I've seen, both should be starting every game when fit.

At the start of last season the chairman said we are going for automatic promotion, this season Gary has said on numerous occasions that we need to get in the top 6 and stay there, my expectations are set by the people running the club.

exactly, its all well and good saying we fans have unrealistic expectations but its GJ and SL and one or two players from time to time who have raised these expectations im afraid.

for me though thats not the problem its the narrow football which i am bored to death of watching and although im city through and through and am there fore every home league game i dont get excited about my trips to the gate these days. its simply painful to watch and i wouldnt be surprised if the players werent enjoying their football either which makes a difference. although they'd never say it as they'd know what would happen.

i dont think there are many that are calling for GJ's head. we just want him to set the team free so they can entertain us!!!!!

How have you worked that out?

"The left sided problem and the winger situation in general is again ALL down to GJ, so dont make out that he has been forced into this situation, it was all his making ffs."

Its simple, we play with no width and are becoming boring to watch. 85% of people on here would agree with that.

Our width is improving with every game. For me, we're about twice as interesting to watch this season as last season's long ball... City fans seem to have a winger fetish.

Im not of the opinion that GJ should leave, far from it. But i just think are quite a few fans like yourself mindjuicer that seem quite content in burying there heads in the sand and not admitting the obvious mistakes GJ has made, particularly in the summer in letting Mcindoe go and leaving ourselves with Sproule as our only winger.

Funnily enough I just commented on McIndoe in another thread. How do you know we even had a choice about letting him go?

Haynes can also play right wing, probably better than as a centre forward.

I don't think we're burying our heads in the sand. I'm personally not interested in blaming people.

I understand the frustration and that people think they can get away with scapegoating players and GJ on here. Clearly they can't, and then they get upset that we call them on it.

I'm only interested in discussing tactics, aspects of our play that I've yet to notice, basically anything that's going to make me appreciate the game more.

If people want to vent frustration in a non-abusive way then we'd have a much more agreeable forum but I don't see it happening...

Mindjuicer you have come out with a few decent points and fair shout. You seem to have a bit more about you then the other mindless happy clappers...... Up untill the '' our width is improving with every game'' comment. Im baffled that anyone that has claimed to have watched us this season can come out with that drivel. Your blind support for GJ is bordering on pathetic.

Archived