IGNORED

Fans Taking Credit For A Change In Formation!

red man dan

Sadly I fear not. I certainly sense no humour, though plenty of spleen. The fact that some really believe it and are convinced they know more than the professionals doesn't surprise me any more.

Bloody hell.

Well I've been thinking he should change it for ages, not claiming any credit for GJ coming round to my way of thinking. He's just a bit slower than me, that's all.

I think its both funny and disturbing that you have one faction of fans claiming that they were right all along and the change in tactics is down to their moaning on these message boards and in the stands, whilst another faction claims that they were right all along and that the first faction should eat humble pie for ever doubting that Gary knew what he was doing

I myself will sit on the fence like the Liberal Democrat voting sissy i am and say that its inevitable that management will be influenced by the opinion of the fans but that I don't really think that anyone but GJ and KM can take too much credit for the team selection last night. Anyone got any tweezers so i can these splinters out my ass?! :whistle2:

Anyway, keep up the good work chaps; its all entertaining if nothing else!

Take it up with Twentyman - he said it. He was at a function with GJ last Sunday. Is it so amazing that a manager might listen to his customers??????

You think he needs to trawl though the garbage posted on here to find out what his customers are saying?

They scream at him every match and probably stop him in the street at least once a day.

Plus, there's a lot of disagreement on these forums. Those who shout the loudest don't represent us.

If GJ read here he'd probably have quit or gone mad long ago. It's not inconceivable that one of the staff reads the forums amonst other things tho.

I can't help but notice that both Millen and GJ corrected the mistaken belief that we've been playing 4-4-2 for most of the season yesterday.

And what about bringing SNO into the middle and dropping LJ which people have been saying for weeks....

And Marvin Elliott? Sorry, despite him not hitting any form for a very long time he is exempt from criticism, let alone moronic abuse. Good job Cole Skuse is no longer in his shadow and is showing what a good box to box player he now is.

You think he needs to trawl though the garbage posted on here to find out what his customers are saying?

They scream at him every match and probably stop him in the street at least once a day.

Plus, there's a lot of disagreement on these forums. Those who shout the loudest don't represent us.

If GJ read here he'd probably have quit or gone mad long ago. It's not inconceivable that one of the staff reads the forums amonst other things tho.

I can't help but notice that both Millen and GJ corrected the mistaken belief that we've been playing 4-4-2 for most of the season yesterday.

If he doesn't listen then he's a fool - it's up to him whether he takes notice. No one has the monopoly on good ideas. Football managers of all people need a thick skin. If they quit after any bit of unjustified criticism they wouldn't be in a job five minutes.

If he doesn't listen then he's a fool - it's up to him whether he takes notice. No one has the monopoly on good ideas. Football managers of all people need a thick skin. If they quit after any bit of unjustified criticism they wouldn't be in a job five minutes.

I got the impression he's got a thick skin from our brief encouter. I don't know anyone who could put up with amount of abuse he gets on here.

Nor would I want him to follow the advice on here. I got a serious amount of abuse myself for pointing out we were playing 4-3-3 and people were still denying it (1 still is) in spite of all the evidence presented. If we don't even know what formation we're playing, how well qualified are we to advise him?

Every idiot has an opinion. If you're the manager with limited patience and extremely limited time, whose opinions would you seek?

I got the impression he's got a thick skin from our brief encouter. I don't know anyone who could put up with amount of abuse he gets on here.

Nor would I want him to follow the advice on here. I got a serious amount of abuse myself for pointing out we were playing 4-3-3 and people were still denying it (1 still is) in spite of all the evidence presented. If we don't even know what formation we're playing, how well qualified are we to advise him?

Every idiot has an opinion. If you're the manager with limited patience and extremely limited time, whose opinions would you seek?

I think he probably does have a thick skin.

Maybe 9999 post are stupid but one might just hit a spot. Even in my daft job I don't mind listening to anyone with a bit of advice - it's up to me whether I do anything about it.

You have an opinion.... is your foot bleeding badly. :ermm:

I simply cannot believe the number of people on here, I wont mention names, who are claiming that Johnson has 'finally' listened to the fans and changed the formation to include wide players. Seriously? If there is any mistake that GJ has made with regards to us having not played enough of a wing game this season, it is the mistake of selling MM and NOT replacing him. That said, we all know we tried to sign Lee Martin. Yes, have concerns about the lack of wingers at the club, but please don't make out, that fans could see what needed to be done and GJ and KM could'nt. They will have known exactly what was missing from the team, and missing is the key word here. Lets not forget that the tragic personal loss for Ivan has pretty much ruled him out untill now, and there is no way GJ should have, and quite rightly, been playing a player who's mind is,again quite rightly, not focused on the football.

Exactly which 'wingers' untill Ivans return to the team did people expect GJ to be playing up untill now?

I find it rediclulous that people on here seem to be suggesting, that they could 'see' something(so fundamental) that GJ and his coaching staff could not. Its almost funny.

Sir, football is an entertainment industry and as such has to listen to the paying public. If a cinema continued to show tired old films then it would soon go out of business, likewise the management of this club needs to listen to what the supporters want before they drift away. This club now has an amazing array of football talent and many supporters get frustrated seeing these players played out of position to accomodate a certain below par favourite in central midfield at home games. To finish off on a high note - UNLEASH THE SPROULE !!!!! :winner_third_h4h:

Sir, football is an entertainment industry and as such has to listen to the paying public. If a cinema continued to show tired old films then it would soon go out of business, likewise the management of this club needs to listen to what the supporters want before they drift away. This club now has an amazing array of football talent and many supporters get frustrated seeing these players played out of position to accomodate a certain below par favourite in central midfield at home games. To finish off on a high note - UNLEASH THE SPROULE !!!!! :winner_third_h4h:

Not any more sadly; it's about results and money. Cinema goers do not turn up at their local multiplex regardless and as far as I know there is not much banter between Odeon and Vue supporters. :innocent06: Does any big Prem club give a toss what fans think or want? How many managers avoid the sack if their team is entertaining but results are poor? Would you be praising rather than abusing Gary Johnson if we were relegated but were good to watch? And I assume the player you refer to is Marvin Elliott, or do we have to pretend he has been in good form this season and last in order to sustain this pathetic persistent allegation? :disapointed2se:

To suggest that a manager would not pay heed to the views of fans is nonsense. Managers have been sacked on a regular basis because of supporter dissatifaction with their performance. Paying customers are still vital in this league, especially if you have a £6M loss to service.

Oh go on, why break the habit of your otib lifetime :innocent06:

You have no idea how un-irritating I was before I came to this forum. I blame Otib. :innocent06::disapointed2se::whistle2:

Back when New Labour half-cared what the public thought, they ran focus groups on what was important to people. None of them said train safety and so that was completely ignored until the Paddington Rail Crash. New Labour started believing the public was stupid instead.

It's debatable how much effect this had.

Sno's goal was from the left where he's been playing most of the season anyway. Secondly, the first 2 goals were individual solo efforts. Thirdly, dropping Elliott who's been carried all season was probably more significant than dropping LJ.

Lastly, a single victory beating probably the worst team we've played this year doesn't mean a lot. Even if the goals were beautiful.

If we keep winning with this team then yes, you can crow. Until then... :shutup:

Ah just kidding. Crow all you like.

Dont forget you said Sno didn't have the physical ability to get into those type of goal scoring positions....well thats twice now and counting......

And dont forget it was Skuse galloping through the middle of the pitch to pass him the ball, I not so sure your Lee Johnson would have been able to do that. And to suggest that Leicester are the worst team we have played is plain daft.

Just celebrate we saw some great goals and played with more purpose going forward, taking the game to the opposition, as far as I'm concerned thats progress and long may it continue.

Some people know what there talking about and some dont, even though you came out and tried to tell EVERYONE that we were playing 4-3-3 at Leicester those of us who know the game told you that was wrong..

I asked you how we could possibly be playing 4-3-3 with a lone striker and you still WOULD NOT listen.

Well here you go, have a gander at this.http://www.thisisbristol.co.uk/sport/Bristol-City-assistant-boss-Millen-believes-Leicester-victory-act-springboard-success/article-1591052-detail/article.html

Heres the bit you may want to read ....but probably wont.

Playing a 4-5-1 formation with wide men was a tactic we thought could help us win the game against Leicester.

Dont forget you said Sno didn't have the physical ability to get into those type of goal scoring positions....well thats twice now and counting......

When was the other one? :blink:

You're making assessments on a game that I didn't see and I believe you & everyone doing the crowing didn't see either. All I'm saying is the crowing isn't justified and sooner or later I think you're all going to find that out.

And dont forget it was Skuse galloping through the middle of the pitch to pass him the ball, I not so sure your Lee Johnson would have been able to do that.

Since when is he my Lee Johnson? And can I sell him? Would get a nice house for his fee and he deserves a club that doesn't abuse him.

What's this got to do with the topic? :huh:

And to suggest that Leicester are the worst team we have played is plain daft.

Just going on what Cheese said. It's not about how a team played at some other time. It's how they play they play on the day that determines whether our victory was a sign of improvement or a couple of extraordinary solo goals and taking advantage of another team's bad day.

Archived