IGNORED

Favourite Goal Of The Decade

BCFC Forever

Hi all,

I have been reading this forum for a few years now and thought I'd join up!

Last night we scored two fantastic goals (didn't realise Skuse had a left foot!) and it got me thinking, as this decade is coming to an end, what has been your favourite goal over the past 10 years?

Many great goals come to mind, Mickey Bell's brace against Cambridge, Wilkshire's volley from 40 yards v Tranmere, Murray's 80 yard run against Oldham and quite recently Hartley's free kick against West Brom.

But for me personally it has to be Noble's strike against Palarse!!!!

Thoughts?

Murray against Oldham - has to be.

You might also remember Marc Goodfellow against Hartlepool and of course Christian's winner.

Funny though the two goals I remember that just left me speechless were scored in the same match against S****horpe by Trundle. I remember thinking at the time - this bloke is going to get 30 this season!

Tinnion at Anfield?

Bob Taylor against Chelsea?

Murray Volly against Boro?

Oh blow all those, for shock value it was Baz Savage's first goal in a City shirt. He was as surprised as I was.

Did 'God' score against Chelsea ?

Thought Turner got a couple and Gavin.

Taylor scored a blaster v Crewe (?)

Mickey Bell scored a great long range goal in that 4 all draw away at Notts County a while ago.

And what about Lee Trundles 2 goals against S****horpe a couple of seasons ago - they were identical so pick either.

That Sproule goal from last night has to be one of the best, if not THE best though.

Funny, because ever since I saw that youtube video of him scoring goals for Hibs, I've been waiting for him to do something like that...

The most exhilarating goal for me was Ivan's v Southampton, the injury time goal when their goalie had gone up for a corner and Basso caught it and threw it to Ivan, who just knocked it forward past their defender and ran. What made it more memorable was the fact that , fast as he was, because he went slighly off radar and nearly ended taking the ball down the tunnel, he had to slow down and slightly change direction :laugh: , and almost got tackled just before he shot into an empty net :winner_third_h4h: .

Gob smacked that Roberts at Mansfield or Murray at Cardiff haven't been mentioned.

For sheer exhileration, these two.

And for the record Goodfellow against Hartlepool as opposed to Roberts.

Once he scored i knew we would go on and win, just a matter of time. Until that point i thought it was over. Now that was jubilation.

Gob smacked that Roberts at Mansfield

For me, thats right up there. For the moment, the emotion and the absolute rocket that it was and some of the wildest celebrations I've ever been involved in... 3 minutes previous we were still losing the game 4-3. You just had to be at that game to truely understand the emotion of it all.

Unlike Madger who was half way down the M1 by then :whistle2:

Don Gillies vs Coventry for sheer euphoria closely followed by Marsden in the LC Semi at Florest

Cotts vs uddersfield was pretty special skill wise and for the loyal 9,000 was just reward for sticking with the Club through a truly wretched period.

Hi all,

I have been reading this forum for a few years now and thought I'd join up!

Last night we scored two fantastic goals (didn't realise Skuse had a left foot!) and it got me thinking, as this decade is coming to an end, what has been your favourite goal over the past 10 years?

Many great goals come to mind, Mickey Bell's brace against Cambridge, Wilkshire's volley from 40 yards v Tranmere, Murray's 80 yard run against Oldham and quite recently Hartley's free kick against West Brom.

But for me personally it has to be Noble's strike against Palarse!!!!

Thoughts?

David Cotterill against Swindon, April 29th 2006. My son was born at 2.15 that morning, so that goal was for him.

Roberts at Mansfield.

Goodfellow/Roberts v Hartlepool.

Noble in the play-offs.

Trundle in the play-offs.

Noble's 1st against Rotherham.

Thorpe's header against the Gas in the 3-2 night match at Xmas time.

Goodfellow's header at Notts Co, 90th min in Tinnion's 500th game.

Byfield's 90th min winner at Watford.

Sproule's v Leicester last night.

Peacock's late winner v Plymouth at home in a late-season promotion battle.

Peacock's thunderbolt free kick at Swindon.

Murray at Cardiff.

Murray v Middlesbrough at home in the cup.

Noble/McCombe away in the replay.

McCombe's header at Doncaster.

So many great memories :winner_third_h4h:

Always remember Tinnion's freekick against Cambridge on New Years Day 2001(?) fondly in our 6-2 victory.

Was in the last 5 minutes just after Lionel Perez had been sent off for handling outside the area. Beadle flicked it up Tins controlled it on his thigh and then smacked it bottom corner on the volley if memory serves me right.

Mickey Bell banging the second in from an identical set piece to that from which he'd scored ten minutes earlier. Hilarious.

Versus Plymouth.. I think that was before the noughties though. It was two identical free kicks in the space of two minutes.. 33rd and 34th minute.

3 from the 2001/02 season (I think)

Thorpe against the Gas - great run and cross by Brown, lovely header by Thorpe.

Peacock against Peterborough - interception and great pass by Tinnion set Peacock free in the opposition half. He can't be bothered running so just smacks it in from way out.

Lee Matthews away at Reading - A slick passing movement involving (I think) Tinnion, Clist, Murray and Peacock ending in a backheel inside the box to Matthews who stuck it away.

Archived