IGNORED

What If Gj Was Sacked?

bcfcmike

What if GJ was sacked??  

116 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Now imo i have entered some fairly realistic names, i know people will come on and say Curbishley would never want to come to such a small club??? well i dont believe that entirely, we have a very wealthy chairman who is proving he is willing to spend his own money to get us to the PL, a new stadium thats on the way that may stage bits of the world cup, so imo there is plenty a manager that will look at all that and take it into account?? And i used AC and SC as they have taken clubs on small budgets simular to ours to the PL.

Debate??

Why would we be getting rid of Gary Johnson anyway?

Don't get me wrong, the entertainment on show has been so bad at times that I have deliberately missed a few games, but, forgetting the talk at the start of the season about top two, play offs etc. we are in a safe spot at the moment, not been near the relegation zone or are in danger of bursting into the play offs.

Surely if we go on a slide then is the time to think about regime change.

But I'll play along anyway. For me it would be a choice from Pulis, Wilson or Osman. Getting all 3 on board would be the dream ticket.

I think a club in our situation is crying out for a manger of Coppell's ability and i'm sure were are quite an apealling club as we have a very decent squad, great chairman, possible great number of fans and the whole new stadium thing. GJs has run out of ideas and is losing fans every week and looks like he's lost the dressing room. A change is needed.

I don't think he should or will be sacked, I think the club owes him more than that. Maybe, looking at the end of season picture, who knows?

I'd consider the following, whom I know about:

Paul Tisdale

Darren Ferguson

Steve Coppell

Sean O'Driscoll

Mark McGhee

Paul Hartley? (outside choice)

Millen? (I honestly don't know) How culpable is he in the current mess?

Why would we be getting rid of Gary Johnson anyway?

Don't get me wrong, the entertainment on show has been so bad at times that I have deliberately missed a few games, but, forgetting the talk at the start of the season about top two, play offs etc. we are in a safe spot at the moment, not been near the relegation zone or are in danger of bursting into the play offs.

Surely if we go on a slide then is the time to think about regime change.

But I'll play along anyway. For me it would be a choice from Pulis, Wilson or Osman. Getting all 3 on board would be the dream ticket.

You are being very unfair bracketing Danny in with the other two. He played good football and we did reasonably well under him.

I don't like this sort of poll at all. I doubt anybody is ecstatic with GJ at the moment but to leap from that to sacking him and discussing his successor is a bit much. I won't be voting.

Mark Hughes anyone ? :winner_third_h4h:

Excellent shout, he'd be our new Joe Jordan. I've never seen a team that Mark Hughes has been involved in not to be attack orientated. It's a pity Everton are not fed up with David Moyes because he's the manager I'd like to see here. Although, Mark Hughes may be an even better choice.

Excellent shout, he'd be our new Joe Jordan. I've never seen a team that Mark Hughes has been involved in not to be attack orientated. It's a pity Everton are not fed up with David Moyes because he's the manager I'd like to see here. Although, Mark Hughes may be an even better choice.

Hughes / Coppell / O'Driscoll?? Either of them would do for me... Scott Murray as assistant?? If only Heineken did football management teams...

Not voting in this poll. Its ridiculous to even consider.
I saw a interesting post on here yesterday, Someone said if someone just attends the odd game or two then it may not seem that bad however if you have attended every home game of 2009 and some of 2008 then you will understand how shit it is. Every home game is the same and were getting fed up with it.

Sean O'Driscoll for me Good football, good signings and getting players who haven't worked elsewhere to work. But don't see the need for change yet. Summer if no improvements are made seems more likely.

Which is exactly what Johnson did when first (well, barring the first 10 games or so) he came to Ashton Gate. I'm not saying that things don't need to change, i just don't see the point of getting rid at the minute

Its got to the stage now were SL needs to give Johnson a polite suggestion that ''things need to improve''. No way have we got to the stage were we should be considering getting rid of him. If we were in the bottom 3 getting cut adrift then yes the time would be right to ''get rid''.

Weather we like it or not GJ is still getting the results that are keeping us in touching distance of the play-offs. Untill that changes he is not going anywere and imo quite rightly so as it as a results business.

We can't afford to sack him, it would cost us a fortune to pay off his contract. So he is going nowhere.

Everyone on here is missing the point about the 5 year deal. Actually it's three and a bit years left, not five. But the key thing is how much revenue will be lost by the club if say 5000 fans refuse to renew their season tickets because they are fed up of watching route one rubbish ? I suspect that may be more money than what it would cost to dispense with the services of GJ.

I agree that GJ has done a lot of good things that we should thank him for but frankly not over the last 18 months. Anyone in business or sales knows you don't get a free ride this year just because you exceeded expectations last year. Especially when you were given lots of money by a generous chairman. IMO GJ has the players to achieve but few ideas about how to use them tactically or to manage them psychologically. Surely SL's patience must be starting to wear thin and I'll bet that he is not unaware of the rumblings of discontent on here and maybe in the dressing room..

Best bite the bullet now while there is still time to make something of what is left of this season under a new manager ( and with small danger of relegation ). Fergie junior would be one option. Hughes another. But something needs to happen soon or the gates will average around 10k or less next year. Yes some City supporters are fickle but actually that's the point...if people are not being entertained they can and will find other ways of spending their hard earned cash on a Saturday..

We can't afford to sack him, it would cost us a fortune to pay off his contract. So he is going nowhere.

Firstly I need to state that I don't want GJ to go.

Regarding the sack, it depends what is meant by 'can't afford'. I'm not sure what GJ is on. But if GL approached SL and said, I can solve our problems with £1m worth of signings I think SL would jump at it. Now, if GJ being moved out costs a similar amount and SL thinks there is someone out there that could do a much better job then the receipe for a change is there.

I don't think the potential cost of GJ going will be the reason to keep him here. I think SL will want to keep him here because he beleives it can be turned around. If things don't turn around then it will cost SL alot through lost ticket revenue etc anyway so he will be aware of this factor too.

Everyone on here is missing the point about the 5 year deal. Actually it's three and a bit years left, not five. But the key thing is how much revenue will be lost by the club if say 5000 fans refuse to renew their season tickets because they are fed up of watching route one rubbish ? I suspect that may be more money than what it would cost to dispense with the services of GJ.

I agree that GJ has done a lot of good things that we should thank him for but frankly not over the last 18 months. Anyone in business or sales knows you don't get a free ride this year just because you exceeded expectations last year. Especially when you were given lots of money by a generous chairman. IMO GJ has the players to achieve but few ideas about how to use them tactically or to manage them psychologically. Surely SL's patience must be starting to wear thin and I'll bet that he is not unaware of the rumblings of discontent on here and maybe in the dressing room..

Best bite the bullet now while there is still time to make something of what is left of this season under a new manager ( and with small danger of relegation ). Fergie junior would be one option. Hughes another. But something needs to happen soon or the gates will average around 10k or less next year. Yes some City supporters are fickle but actually that's the point...if people are not being entertained they can and will find other ways of spending their hard earned cash on a Saturday..

Exatcly and as SL is a financial genius I doubt he would have gave GJ a five year contract unless there is plenty of get out clauses for both parties, I really don't believe for one second that it is a simple 5 year contract with GJ earning X amount a week.

I really want GJ to succeed here but we saw last season we were poor at the start of the season and then went on a run that covered over the cracks, The run restored peoples belief in Gj and then the run ended and we finished the season poorly. I fear teh same will happen this season. I think GJ can turn it around but fear it wont be a long term thing.

For me anyways the season ticket is the cheapest thing. Over teh course of teh season it is more expensive to attend the games that it is just to buy the season ticket, In total it costs me around 1.5k a year supporting this club. I could think of many more things I could spend taht money on which will be currently more entertaining.

What if, what if.

Yet another stupid poll.

Another reason why SL doesn't read forums.

In all fairness the question being asked in this poll is a valid one. Look at the amount of votes it has attracted, it seems you are in the minority when saying it is ''stupid''.

Just for the record i dont think we should be sacking GJ at this stage, but he is on thin ice in my honest opinion. There are a lot of very disgruntled fans that are at there wit's end with the trash on display, and i for one can understand why people are looking at alternatives.

What if, what if.

Yet another stupid poll.

Another reason why SL doesn't read forums.

He may or may not his better half could well do; :ph34r::yes: this forum is all about opinions and polls may or may not enlighten us on the feelings of fans. Because they dont match your opinion dosent mean they are stupid.

Each to his/her own :dunno:

SL will decide on this or anything else that does not bar us from opinions though. :city:

He may or may not his better half could well do; :ph34r::yes: this forum is all about opinions and polls may or may not enlighten us on the feelings of fans. Because they dont match your opinion dosent mean they are stupid.

Each to his/her own :dunno:

SL will decide on this or anything else that does not bar us from opinions though. :city:

I didn't say others opinions were stupid but that the poll is stupid.

It's pure fantasy and dream team.

Some time in the future GJ will leave - either by choice or not, that is the time to have a poll on possible replacements. Even then SL will make the decision based on his opinion and nobody else's.

Archived