IGNORED

What If Gj Was Sacked?

bcfcmike

What if GJ was sacked??  

116 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I didn't say others opinions were stupid but that the poll is stupid.

It's pure fantasy and dream team.

Some time in the future GJ will leave - either by choice or not, that is the time to have a poll on possible replacements. Even then SL will make the decision based on his opinion and nobody else's.

With dropping attendances, the decision will have to be made soon. Might as well have the poll now....

highly highly highly unlikely but i wouldnt mind mark hughes if he fancied it?

other wise Sean O'driscoll

Man City have now brought in a big name European manager when Mark Hughes was actually doing pretty well. If Mark Hughes was brought here he'd fill the ground and would have no difficulty attracting big name players to Ashton Gate. The biggest name player we've got here at the moment is Paul Hartley and we need more like him to progress - we're still very much a backwater club but if we brought in Mark Hughes that would soon change.

Man City have now brought in a big name European manager when Mark Hughes was actually doing pretty well. If Mark Hughes was brought here he'd fill the ground and would have no difficulty attracting big name players to Ashton Gate. The biggest name player we've got here at the moment is Paul Hartley and we need more like him to progress - we're still very much a backwater club but if we brought in Mark Hughes that would soon change.

Why would Mark Hughes come here?

Because Mick McCarthy has never managed a massive club like Man City. Hughes will easily be able to get a decent job when once comes up in the future not have to go down to the Championship.

Think of our ex player and ex England manager Steve McClaren. Mark Hughes is now a free agent and I bet he got a massive pay off from Man City so he might well be happy on a relatively low salary here. McClaren got sacked from the England job with a massive pay out allowing him freedom to transform an underperforming Dutch club into winners. Mark Hughes could do a great job here and get us top flight football - I'd be on the 'phone to Mark Hughes if I were Steve Lansdown.

Think of our ex player and ex England manager Steve McClaren. Mark Hughes is now a free agent and I bet he got a massive pay off from Man City so he might well be happy on a relatively low salary here. McClaren got sacked from the England job with a massive pay out allowing him freedom to transform an underperforming Dutch club into winners. Mark Hughes could do a great job here and get us top flight football - I'd be on the 'phone to Mark Hughes if I were Steve Lansdown.

Not a bad shout but

Curbishley for me

He went to a side who were in the Champions League. We aren't anywhere that. There is no way that Mark Hughes would even consider us- end of.

He went to a side who were in the Champions League. We aren't anywhere that. There is no way that Mark Hughes would even consider us- end of.

Alf Ramsey took over at Div 3 Ipswich and Bill Shankley took over at Div 2 Liverpool. This club also has real potential that the likes of Mark Hughes could realise.

Times have changed. This is a bit like you're 'We are going to win the League' post. Nice thought but no.

Plus, whoever would have thought that Brian Clough after winning the League Championship for Derby would end up at their rivals Forest in the division below ???!!!! :icecream:

We've signed big name players in the past but never a big name manager - time to break the mould and move forward? :dancing6:

Plus, whoever would have thought that Brian Clough after winning the League Championship for Derby would end up at their rivals Forest in the division below ???!!!! :icecream:

We've signed big name players in the past but never a big name manager - time to break the mould and move forward? :dancing6:

Hoddle in Royals frame

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11688_5793808,00.html

If Glen Hoddle goes to Reading I reckon Reading will make the play-offs this season. Reading looked to be a good attacking side against us that only lack decent strikers. Reading certainly are not relegation material as their league position currently suggests.

If Glen Hoddle goes to Reading I reckon Reading will make the play-offs this season. Reading looked to be a good attacking side against us that only lack decent strikers. Reading certainly are not relegation material as their league position currently suggests.

Why do you think this? Hoddle didn't do very well when he managed Wolves. Maybe we should get Bryan Robson in.

Personally, I agree that this poll is silly. I also don't feel GJ is on thin ice. I think he should be allowed to see out his contract. If he doesn't get us up this year his budget should be slashed in the summer in order to cut costs. If he improves our performance on that basis (use of more academy, wiser purchases), his budget goes up. If we start bouncing around the bottom six he gets fired (as any manager should).

I agree that our home matches all seem to have score draw written on them at the moment, and some matches are pretty dull, but this is a competetive league and we're competing. Mark Hughes is a silly idea and any other names are actually quite unproven at this level. Stick with GJ I say.

Archived