IGNORED

No Chance Gj Will Go During The Season.

reddogkev

I really hope all of this talk about GJ's job soon dies down, it is quite simply pathetic. Steve Lansdown is far too intelligent a chairman to sack GJ based on the fact we are getting too many draws and the standard of football is not brilliant. We are still well placed in the league and just need 2 wins to help us sit nicely in the top 6.

What benefit would there be in ousting GJ at this stage? No benefit whatsoever, look at Boro. The club has pretty much collapsed since Southgate left, except for their shock 5-1 win over QPR.

Our form is not great at the moment, but surely it's not bad enough to consider a management change. Apart from the WBA away game, no teams are beating us heavily are they? Surely a change at the top would only be considered at our club if we were being destroyed or struggling at the bottom. Lets not follow the pathetic example set recently by QPR and now Man City.

Give Gary time to improve things and lets just worry about supporting the club everyway we can.

The standard of the football is a pile of $h1t. I wouldn't sack Johnson during the season either by the way but the fans are fully entitled to call a spade a spade. Yesterday was a disgraceful showing and GJ is fairly and squarely to blame.

exactly. there is no doubt GJ has SL's backing at present. im starting to question if GJ is the best man for the job, maybe he should be given more time i dont know. im 50:50 at present.

what i do know is that i can count on the fingers of one hand the amount of times i have come away from AG in 2009 feeling like ive seen my team play anything like attacking football. more often than not i come away feeling really uninspired and depressed by what ive seen. im not the only one either.

football is supposed to be entertaining, i know there are two teams on the pitch and that the other team will have periods of pressure, and that you cant play amazing and win every game but i think as the home team i have the right to expect my team to attack and excite me and score a few goals at least every other time i go to AG.

one thing is for sure, if this dire narrow football continues until the summer our gates will have gone down and our ST sales will really suffer. and when that happens SL's loyalty wont be so unwavering no matter what anyone thinks.

Our form is not great at the moment, but surely it's not bad enough to consider a management change. Apart from the WBA away game, no teams are beating us heavily are they? Surely a change at the top would only be considered at our club if we were being destroyed or struggling at the bottom. Lets not follow the pathetic example set recently by QPR and now Man City.

Give Gary time to improve things and lets just worry about supporting the club everyway we can.

The problem is that the style of football is awfull and that has a knock on effect on attendences and so on. When Johnson led us to a club record 9 consequetive defeats most fans stood by him and understood that there would be no gain without pain. But...now, with a very decent squad of players Johnson is struggling to produce a winning formula and boring the fans asleep at the same time.

Its not a new thing either. For 3/4 of last season and all of this one its been the same dreary shite on the pitch.

You can spin it all you like but the bottom line is that Johnson is losing the support of the fans with his over cautious, narrow and drab style of play. Once that happens the writing is on the wall unless we see some decent exiciting football brought about by a change of style.

exactly. there is no doubt GJ has SL's backing at present. im starting to question if GJ is the best man for the job, maybe he should be given more time i dont know. im 50:50 at present.

what i do know is that i can count on the fingers of one hand the amount of times i have come away from AG in 2009 feeling like ive seen my team play anything like attacking football. more often than not i come away feeling really uninspired and depressed by what ive seen. im not the only one either.

football is supposed to be entertaining, i know there are two teams on the pitch and that the other team will have periods of pressure, and that you cant play amazing and win every game but i think as the home team i have the right to expect my team to attack and excite me and score a few goals at least every other time i go to AG.

one thing is for sure, if this dire narrow football continues until the summer our gates will have gone down and our ST sales will really suffer. and when that happens SL's loyalty wont be so unwavering no matter what anyone thinks.

The team won't be able to attack and excite you if there is an insufficient number of players in the starting line-up with an attacking mentality.

The team won't be able to attack and excite you if there is an insufficient number of players in the starting line-up with an attacking mentality.

Its the manager that cultivates the mentality of the players. Wenger is a classic example of that. The City players are clearly under very strict managerial instructions when they cross the line and we all know that Johnson rules with an iron fist and comes down hard on players who don't do as they are told.

The standard of the football is a pile of $h1t. I wouldn't sack Johnson during the season either by the way but the fans are fully entitled to call a spade a spade. Yesterday was a disgraceful showing and GJ is fairly and squarely to blame.

Getting rid of - or wanting to get rid of - Lee Trundle and David Noble hasn't helped the situation because those two were entertaining and attack minded players. I thought Darren Byfield was a good player during our first season back at this level but he was 'mysteriously' moved on as well. :noexpression:

I really hope all of this talk about GJ's job soon dies down, it is quite simply pathetic. Steve Lansdown is far too intelligent a chairman to sack GJ based on the fact we are getting too many draws and the standard of football is not brilliant. We are still well placed in the league and just need 2 wins to help us sit nicely in the top 6.

What benefit would there be in ousting GJ at this stage? No benefit whatsoever, look at Boro. The club has pretty much collapsed since Southgate left, except for their shock 5-1 win over QPR.

I completely agree. I think the question you've got to ask is: who would replace him? We've seen that with Middlesborough sacking the manager hasn't done them any good, and neither will it for Man City I bet. In a time when chairmen are trigger happy and loyalty is rarely paid back, I think we would be wise to stop all this talk of sacking Johnson. I would have some time for the sacking talk if we were way off the playoffs, down in 18th, but the fact is that there are a good 15 teams in and around our number of points in the league, none of whom can take a grip or produce anything like a consistent run, so it's not just us going through a bad patch.

For my mind GJ stays until we realistically don't have a chance of making the playoffs with a substantial period of a season to go.

To me it is totally dependent on whether we had someone lined up to replace him. To sack him just based on a few poor performances with no action plan for the future would be stupid. However, if we had someone like Alan Curbishley lined up to take on the job, I would not mind because we would be getting a manager with premier league experience.

Unfortunately, I know it is a cliche, but I really get the feeling that GJ may have taken the club as far as he can and we may need a change. I hope I am proved wrong because I want GJ to turn it around but cant see it happening at the moment.

He will be out faster than British Leyland used to be if we get anywhere near the bottom of this div; fact. As for the 2 wins well looking at future visitors to the gate for the rest of the season we may just bring those 2 wins you seek; wouldnt bet my house on it though.

Things have to improve and fast, we must be in this div next year.

Archived