IGNORED

Supporters

CiderEM

I think you will find that most of the regulars who have been watching for many years neither back GJ blindly, nor rashly call for his head. We go because we enjoy watching City, it does not necessarily mean that we are particularly enjoying some of the recent rubbish though. Bristol City is important, Johnson is just an employee, and he will be gone long before I stop watching City.

Well the rest of us may as well piss off then and leave you and the couple of hundred other "true fans" to blindly sit there being content with the shit served up week after week after week, and we'll see how long the club lasts with just you there then.

god i hate these look at me i'm an uber fan bollocks posts.

Grab yourself a medal, as you clearly deserve it while the rest of us actually take note of what we see with our eyes and point it out.

It's because of this, well it could be worse attitude that we have floundered around in the lower divisions for god knows how long and why we will never reach a level that is by no means out of this clubs grasp. If you want success you have to demand nothing less, Man U aren't the best club in the world because they accept crap, they demand nothing less than the best and if they don't get it they will let their, players, managers, owners bloody well know about it. Fergie was a Mark Robins goal away from being sacked and they were hardly teetering on the brink of relegation. They were just underperforming and playing crap.

How long do we give Johnson ? He's had a season and a half to sort out the obvious problems we have ? so far he's only made it worse, with better players. What possible reason is there to suggest he can sort out these problems that have been plaguing us for well over a year now in the January transfer window, when he's already had 1 January and the entire close season to do something about it and has spectacularly failed?

I wouldn't sack him now and i think he has managed to at least deserve the chance to put it right wheather i think he will or not. But we are playing consistantly poor football and getting consistantly poor results to go with it. I can tolerate crap football if it gets results, and i can tolerate those runs you inevitably have where you just can't win for toffee no matter how you play, but i find it hard to tolerate over a year of mostly garbage, with a manager who is seemingly unable to even identify the problems let alone solve them.

Excellent post - to fail to speak out when things are clearly going wrong means you lose the right to complain later. i reckon most apologists on here for GJ will also vote for Gordon Brown next year even when he's forced to pawn the Crown Jewels...

Well the rest of us may as well piss off then and leave you and the couple of hundred other "true fans" to blindly sit there being content with the shit served up week after week after week, and we'll see how long the club lasts with just you there then.

god i hate these look at me i'm an uber fan bollocks posts.

Grab yourself a medal, as you clearly deserve it while the rest of us actually take note of what we see with our eyes and point it out.

It's because of this, well it could be worse attitude that we have floundered around in the lower divisions for god knows how long and why we will never reach a level that is by no means out of this clubs grasp. If you want success you have to demand nothing less, Man U aren't the best club in the world because they accept crap, they demand nothing less than the best and if they don't get it they will let their, players, managers, owners bloody well know about it. Fergie was a Mark Robins goal away from being sacked and they were hardly teetering on the brink of relegation. They were just underperforming and playing crap.

How long do we give Johnson ? He's had a season and a half to sort out the obvious problems we have ? so far he's only made it worse, with better players. What possible reason is there to suggest he can sort out these problems that have been plaguing us for well over a year now in the January transfer window, when he's already had 1 January and the entire close season to do something about it and has spectacularly failed?

I wouldn't sack him now and i think he has managed to at least deserve the chance to put it right wheather i think he will or not. But we are playing consistantly poor football and getting consistantly poor results to go with it. I can tolerate crap football if it gets results, and i can tolerate those runs you inevitably have where you just can't win for toffee no matter how you play, but i find it hard to tolerate over a year of mostly garbage, with a manager who is seemingly unable to even identify the problems let alone solve them.

Send the medal in the post and i will gracefully recieve it.

I think the fans that do travel hundreds of miles week in week out deserve a little bit of credit. And why not?

I did'nt know you could be critisised for being loyal, Ive really heard it all now :noexpression:

And i do take not of what i see, i agree the football is boring and rubbish at the moment. That does'nt mean i automatically stop going to games and want the manager to be sacked! some people are far to rash with their thoughts and opinions. Not saying the opinion is wrong, just some people dont look at the bigger picture.

o.m.g I agree with you at last :farmer: we the fans are here forever the rest ARE PASSING THROUGH :yes:

Just for you glos, I've thought about this even more!

Watching football is my hobby, my hard earned cash is spent and it's my leisure time. For the players etc it's their job of work. They are lucky that they have a talent that is well rewarded both financially and in the amount of leisure time they have.

I'm wondering if any of them have had cause to complain when they have had bad service in their leisure time, a bad meal, a long wait in a restaurant, a sub standard hotel etc? I'm sure they have complained and wouldn't accept shoddy service or be shortchanged.

Obviously there is a way to show displeasure without abuse, but displeasure is still displeasure at the end of the day.

I think you will find that most of the regulars who have been watching for many years neither back GJ blindly, nor rashly call for his head. We go because we enjoy watching City, it does not necessarily mean that we are particularly enjoying some of the recent rubbish though. Bristol City is important, Johnson is just an employee, and he will be gone long before I stop watching City.

Cant remember seeing him in the E.E every game 40plus years ago either; point being we all love OUR CLUB at the moment GJ is paid to manage it and the players are paid to play for it.

I dont know but it seemed back in the late 60`s the squad/team wore there hearts on our badge.

Now in the prem particularly most managers and players werent even born in this country let alone the area they are supposed to be representing :disapointed2se:

As you say its just a job for them, for us (even the negative ones) its for life and love :city: now and for ever.

Excellent post - to fail to speak out when things are clearly going wrong means you lose the right to complain later. i reckon most apologists on here for GJ will also vote for Gordon Brown next year even when he's forced to pawn the Crown Jewels...

Gosh - there's a few huge assumptions in there!

I, like many others have had a season ticket for 15 years and will be here long after Johnson and the current squad have left. So to claim I'm not a supporter because I don't like the way the team is being set up is absurd. Jan will be an important time for us and it's up to Lansdown because we either back or sack Johnson. Imho i still feel any other manager in this division would struggle to get much more out of the current squad than Johnson. However he needs to stop throwing his toys out of the pram because as supporters we can turn especially when we have to the durge on offer this season.

Just for you glos, I've thought about this even more!

Watching football is my hobby, my hard earned cash is spent and it's my leisure time. For the players etc it's their job of work. They are lucky that they have a talent that is well rewarded both financially and in the amount of leisure time they have.

I'm wondering if any of them have had cause to complain when they have had bad service in their leisure time, a bad meal, a long wait in a restaurant, a sub standard hotel etc? I'm sure they have complained and wouldn't accept shoddy service or be shortchanged.

Obviously there is a way to show displeasure without abuse, but displeasure is still displeasure at the end of the day.

Correct, if we dont complain we may get the same again next time; those that dont are being polite will get there just desserts and the same again next time.

I like complaining :innocent06:

As one of the loyal few who watched City as they plummeted towards the foot of Div 4 at a rapid rate, I think that can safely class myself as a true supporter. The Club is the important thing, players and Managers are just employees who are passing through. Bristol City did fine before GJ arrived, and will carry on when he leaves.

Think we've done a lot better since gj has been here - was at newport and thats when things really were bad. Our present position is the best since then and am confident 2010 will see us building further with gj at the helm

Think we've done a lot better since gj has been here - was at newport and thats when things really were bad. Our present position is the best since then and am confident 2010 will see us building further with gj at the helm

Maybe, maybe not. To me GJ is 'just another City manager', he has brought us success, but there have been some worrying signs over the past 12 Months that all is not well. I hope that he does turn things around, I'm not even looking particularly for success or 'champagne football', just a side with a bit of shape and positive football when appropriate. GJ is not some God-like manager, just a standard football manager with strengths and weaknesses. See what happens, if the current drift continues for too long, it might be time for a change.

Ah, loyal to the end. Not a bad word to say about 'Sir Gary'.

Just read the threads on here and you'll realise that you are no in the minority.

I think Dolly might be in your camp. We've heard nothing (other than a fingerwagging about bad language) from her since GJ started to take serious critism from more than a few forum users. Dolly was one of the first to leap to his defence when I or anyone else complained about his style in the past but not now.

Just read the threads on here and you'll realise that you are no in the minority.

I think Dolly might be in your camp. We've heard nothing (other than a fingerwagging about bad language) from her since GJ started to take serious critism from more than a few forum users. Dolly was one of the first to leap to his defence when I or anyone else complained about his style in the past but not now.

Not Sir Gary at all just a statement of fact - we are in a better place than we have been for a very long time- you moaning continually does not change fact.

Guest pogopete

They say the City supporters are fickle but I think the truth is they are too loyal.

They were so indebted to Johnson for getting us out of the third division it clouded their judgement on what he has done since,given the backing Lansdown gave Johnson any good Manager worth his salt could have done the same.

He has been here 4 years now the side playing is his players signed by him he cannot blame anyone else,the truth is to many he has signed have been poor value and I can't think of any who we could sell for more money than we paid for them.

I suppose the real Question is can he turn it around I think not his mindset is too defensive and I can't see that changing he seems to worried about the other teams tactics rather than his own.

I think also there is a lot of unrest in the dressing room which the support do not know about I think that's why Basso wants to go, if he has a go at the crowd like he does what must he be like if a player speaks up

Found this on ziderheads site

We've heard nothing (other than a fingerwagging about bad language) from her since GJ started to take serious critism from more than a few forum users. Dolly was one of the first to leap to his defence when I or anyone else complained about his style in the past but not now.

She's got a new job so must be run off her feet. Can't be easy finding a spare 2 hours a day to be on the forum.

Not Sir Gary at all just a statement of fact - we are in a better place than we have been for a very long time- you moaning continually does not change fact.

And your assertion that everything is rosy in the GJ garden from over 10,000 miles away (we seem to have a few of these supporters) does not change the fact that the football I am watching at Ashton Gate is cautious, defensive, lacking in ideas, lacking in goals and hasn't produced a Saturday home win since August.

Dwindling attendances are another fact of life over here in England - forget the OFFICIAL warts and all figure you get, how many were REALLY in the ground on Saturday? 13K tops?

Do you honestly believe that the people fed up with the type of football on show last Saturday have all got it wrong and you have got it right (having not watched the game)?

And your assertion that everything is rosy in the GJ garden from over 10,000 miles away (we seem to have a few of these supporters) does not change the fact that the football I am watching at Ashton Gate is cautious, defensive, lacking in ideas, lacking in goals and hasn't produced a Saturday home win since August.

Dwindling attendances are another fact of life over here in England - forget the OFFICIAL warts and all figure you get, how many were REALLY in the ground on Saturday? 13K tops?

Do you honestly believe that the people fed up with the type of football on show last Saturday have all got it wrong and you have got it right (having not watched the game)?

Never said everything was rosy just placing things in a historical context = clearly there is work to do but I am more confident that gj can make the necessary adjustments than you are. Will Man city be better because mark hughes has been sacked - i doubt it. GJ has presided over the best period in our recent history a few poor performances don't change that.

Never said everything was rosy just placing things in a historical context = clearly there is work to do but I am more confident that gj can make the necessary adjustments than you are. Will Man city be better because mark hughes has been sacked - i doubt it. GJ has presided over the best period in our recent history a few poor performances don't change that.

I genuinely hope that your confidence is proven to be correct. I'm not including you here but the staunchest GJ supporters and GJ himself must realise that we want to turn up on a Saturday delighted with what we have witnessed (whilst accepting that it cannot be beautiful every week!!). Very few people delight in moaning - I don't anyway and I'm sure I'm in the majority.

Top post. Just because you back the manager doesnt mean you think every thing he does is perfect and 'rosy'?? Does it? :noexpression:

and just because you dont want him sacked, does that mean you think everything is perfect and 'rosy'. Thought not. Some people can not agree with what he is doing but still feel he is a great manager and have confidence in him.

I genuinely hope that your confidence is proven to be correct. I'm not including you here but the staunchest GJ supporters and GJ himself must realise that we want to turn up on a Saturday delighted with what we have witnessed (whilst accepting that it cannot be beautiful every week!!). Very few people delight in moaning - I don't anyway and I'm sure I'm in the majority.

thanks me too......agree on the moaning front and am sure watching the performances is no fun- not much fun being up at 1am listening to another 90th minute equaliser either by the way. Hope we get the rub of the green at QPR win and turn the corner!

Read the polls and you will see you are still in the minority. 12,706 posts don't make it right.

What ever happened to supporting your club through thick and thin. You've got to take the good with the bad. I agree the football at the moment is utterly shite and boring. But i am a Bristol City fan and will therfore keep supporting them. Now i can understand why people dont want to shell out for something thats not going to entertain them, but if your a fan, then surely you support them through whatever?

This is what i mean. Give him the chance in January to change things. If nothing changes after that then i would suspect its Garys time to go.

So, you'll support them "through thick and thin". But only until after the January transfer window?

And presumably then, once such uber-fans as yourself deem it to be "ok" to voice criticism, the rest of us lesser fans can do likewise free from the fear of reprisals?

So, you'll support them "through thick and thin". But only until after the January transfer window?

And presumably then, once such uber-fans as yourself deem it to be "ok" to voice criticism, the rest of us lesser fans can do likewise free from the fear of reprisals?

Agreed. Does supporting through " thick and thin" mean going along with the flow and not challenging what is going on? I think that supporting through thick and thin means unconditional support i.e. still going and supporting BUT having the belief and integrity in stating our own minds especially if we think something should be done. "The Passion", we are here to support our team to become better not worse, i.e. continual improvement not diminishing setback.

Yep - I think you pretty much get the idea.

I will support the club through thick and thin. And that is no easy task when one lives in The States! That said, supporting the club doesn't mean backing the manager...sometimes it means quite the opposite.

Au contraire. It's probably easier to support CITY from long range because we exiles are unable to front- up and spend our hard-earned, only to see our team play drab,uninspired football (And I don't really know about that either, it's only what I read on this forum).

Still ,there is such a thing as club solidarity and I cannot see that criticism of the incumbent manager, no matter that some supporters think it justified ,can achieve anything but discord.

Surely moves to change management must come from the top down ,not the bottom up .As long as GJ has the job, he should be supported.

Au contraire. It's probably easier to support CITY from long range because we exiles are unable to front- up and spend our hard-earned, only to see our team play drab,uninspired football (And I don't really know about that either, it's only what I read on this forum).

Still ,there is such a thing as club solidarity and I cannot see that criticism of the incumbent manager, no matter that some supporters think it justified ,can achieve anything but discord.

Surely moves to change management must come from the top down ,not the bottom up .As long as GJ has the job, he should be supported.

So dont rock the boat eh, it might sink :disapointed2se: it wont we will just get a different captain.

Say what you think not what you`re supposed to think. :mafia:

Guest pogopete

As you say it is different when you are paying out £28 or going renew your season ticket for hundreds of pound to watch what's on show.

You can only take loyalty so far in the end Football is an entertainment and fan's want to be entertained. On this site until this season there were not many post having a dig at the Manager and those that were posted had a hard time from most posters.

Now there are not many who will stand up for him and a good few of them live too far away to watch them regular and do not see what's on offer.

So dont rock the boat eh, it might sink :disapointed2se: it wont we will just get a different captain.

Say what you think not what you`re supposed to think. :mafia:

O.K.to extend the nautical analogy, is it not better to have the ship's captain removed by The Lords of The Admiralty, than by mutiny from the lower deck ?

Guest pogopete
O.K.to extend the nautical analogy, is it not better to have the ship's captain removed by The Lords of The Admiralty, than by mutiny from the lower deck ?

Perhaps the Lord of the Admiralty has his telescope held to his blind eye, change usually comes from the bottom up after all its hard to admit you made a mistake.If you are the one who hired him and gave him a five year contract.

Archived