IGNORED

To All The Moaners...

red army

GJ has a 5 year deal, anyone thinking SL is about to sack GJ or GJ will quit is pretty vacant.

If we get anywhere near the bottom 3 GJ`s feet wont touch the ground on the way out; SL will see to that; we cannot go down;

p.s. I am not pretty or vacant :cool:

• Admin

Just to throw another opinion into this debate have people ever wondered if another way to look at GJ would be to say how well he has done in the past not only for Bristol City but for Yeovil ???

In his managerial terms he started out in Non-league football and nobody can really argue that his acheivements in the past have mostly been commendable BUT in any walk of life we all have an optimum level we can work to, any person in any walk of life gets this - IT'S NOT A CRITICISM but at some point he will reach a level that he cant surpass ??

Any thoughts ?

Just to throw another opinion into this debate have people ever wondered if another way to look at GJ would be to say how well he has done in the past not only for Bristol City but for Yeovil ???

In his managerial terms he started out in Non-league football and nobody can really argue that his acheivements in the past have mostly been commendable BUT in any walk of life we all have an optimum level we can work to, any person in any walk of life gets this - IT'S NOT A CRITICISM but at some point he will reach a level that he cant surpass ??

Any thoughts ?

I dont think there is a limit on what a certain manager can do. He is still relatively young for a manager and has a big career ahead of him. What he has achieved is huge success, and that could be a problem because hes not used to having it hard.

GJ has a 5 year deal, anyone thinking SL is about to sack GJ or GJ will quit is pretty vacant.

True at present. But if we get more of the same turgid football for the remainder of this season and reduce to 8,500-9000 season ticket holders (at best in my view - I think the club are in for a nasty surprise in February when early bird tickets are put out there if the football doesn't improve between now and then) and start next season in the same vein then you have to balance lost revenue against the value of Johnson's contract - because people who are not renewing season tickets will definitely not be POTD customers that often.

Three season ticket holders in front of us gave up at the end of last season as a 100 mile round trip was not being justified by the football on offer - two of them came back on Saturday for the first time this season and their exact words to me at the end of the game were "see you in April possibly, we won't be coming back to watch that crap any time soon".

Three season ticket holders in front of us gave up at the end of last season as a 100 mile round trip was not being justified by the football on offer - two of them came back on Saturday for the first time this season and their exact words to me at the end of the game were "see you in April possibly, we won't be coming back to watch that crap any time soon".

I'm sure the team will cope without their presence. Maybe they should think about coming all the time and supporting the team through this bad spell? Just a thought

I'm sure the team will cope without their presence. Maybe they should think about coming all the time and supporting the team through this bad spell? Just a thought
A bit simplistic. Do you really expect people to travel 100 miles to watch some pretty dire football? It's not only cost, but time, and if driving, trying to find somewhere to park. Having been watching for over 30 years, I can safely say that this season ranks amongst the dullest ever. After the collapse in 82, City were hardly sparkling, but just getting 11 players on the pitch was an achievement, and expectations were very low.

When you look at how much City have spent, I don't think it is too unreasonable to expect a squad with a modicum of balance and shape, and that is capable of a bit more than sitting back on a 1 goal lead.

Our recent success was based on us having a regular formation, and bringing in players who fitted into that shape. Everybody knew what they were doing, we looked organised, and a modest squad over-achieved. Now we have a much better group of players individually, but no idea of what shape will actually suit us, and to use Sno fully, you either need 2 good wide players in a 4-5-1 or two good wing backs in 5-3-2, which we lack. It just seems to be mucking around to fit certain players into the team, ending up not getting the best out of them, and unbalancing/ confusing the rest of the team.

So, am I a moaner or just putting forward some constructive criticism?

I dont think there is a limit on what a certain manager can do. He is still relatively young for a manager and has a big career ahead of him. What he has achieved is huge success, and that could be a problem because hes not used to having it hard.

He's 53/54 - that's not young at all.

His career has been variable, but pretty succesful since he went to Yeovil.

I would say he career will peak with us in the CCC.

In the great scheme of things it isn't, but when fans, some very long term fans as well, are struggling to take any crumb of excitement or feeling of entertainment from home games, then it is bad, attendances will drop, I'd wager they'd be pretty low now if we didn't have a big season ticket base. The world has changed, the large percentage of staunch supporters that go to every game, regardless, is no more. Look at the fans around you, a different make up of folk fill the seats now compared with 20 years ago and in this modern age, they want value for money, at the moment, they aren't getting it.

spot on i remember 8,9,10 years ago going away every other week aswell as having a st and to be fair it was pretty good value for money nowadays your looking at £120+ all in to go away £300+ for a st for that amount of money people expect to be entertained win loose or draw and we haven't been for 90% of this season so far

I agree that it is pointless to replace GJ for the sake of it when we are well in touch of the play-offs going into Xmas.

Yes we've had some disappointing results but we are in the 5th BEST DIVISION IN EUROPE and it is tough!!!

Anyway, the only person i'd want if GJ ever went is Steve Coppell - look at how Reading have plummetted since he left them. He did a fantastic job there and I can't believe that his name was never mentioned whenever the England job came up pre-Capello.

GJ just needs to be a bit more positive and we will be fine. We will have a great run soon!

Keep the faith

Based on attendances, maybe, but not for skill level, surely?

About to say the same thing - a misconception about the quality of the CCC.

French Prem (certainly) Dutch, Portugese, Russian maybe better than our league.

Still a great division to be in of course.

Most people don't want anti-football out on his ear and putting in a call to the local Job Centre. They want to see him earn his nice corn and fix the problems. Trust me, if he does this he will get the full credit and adulation that he clearly craves. If it becomes obvious over the remainder of the season that he refuses to ackowledge there is a problem or he simply hasn't got the ability or willingness to fix it then the Manager's position has to be seriously considered in light of potentially dwindling season ticket sales moving forward into next season.

The minority of City fans (moaners and boo boys) that have leapt onto GJ's back, just what do they think all this derision will achieve?

Have you already forgotten who hauled this club up by it's ears?

If GJ does'nt know what he is doing, then how come he has led us this far, missing out on the Premier League by a mere whisker.

So yes, everyone has a right to complain, but, the direct venom and the way it has currently been shown can only go towards de-motivating the team and manager, demotivation, gives you that horrible sinking feeling. Do you really want them to feel that way?.....9th in the table, 2-3 points off the play-offs is not a bad situation to be in, especially being in the most competitive league in the World.

Oh Ye of little faith...thank God we are'nt Plymouth!

About to say the same thing - a misconception about the quality of the CCC.

French Prem (certainly) Dutch, Portugese, Russian maybe better than our league.

Still a great division to be in of course.

Couldn't agree more. The Dutch and Portugese Leagues will certainly be of a better standard and I don't know enough about the Russian League bar the top teams (who are undoubtedly better than ours) to comment. The attendances just show how much us Brits love our Footie!

Archived