IGNORED

To All The Moaners...

red army

:winner_third_h4h: Top post. Okay the football isnt great but some people need to get some perspective. What good will sacking Gary do? The money we spend giving him a huge pay off, could be spent on improving the squad.

You mean more players to come in who may get played out of possition and become de-motivated as the others....

You mean more players to come in who may get played out of possition and become de-motivated as the others....

Or maybe players that come in and help us push for the play offs. GJ has made a mistake in having no width and boring football. But give him a chance to change it. The grass isnt always greener......

Or maybe players that come in and help us push for the play offs. GJ has made a mistake in having no width and boring football. But give him a chance to change it. The grass isnt always greener......

He shouldn't need a transfer window to begin the process of change. If that was the case we could all be a manager.

A decent manager should be able to make the best of what he's got already even if the transfer window is going to be used to strengthen later on.

Given the players we have we shouldn't have to wait for more players to come in to see the beginnings of improvement. If that was the case, imagine if we brought in 2 wingers and they both got injured - by definition we'd be saying we'd be back where we started.

Firstly the point of this forum is for people to make statements about the club. If someone as you call it moans. It is not always moaning. Its about someone having a differnt point of view to you. The forum would be a duller place if we all agreed, and were not aloud to say that the manager was not doiung as well as that person would like, so

When i see some improvement from the manager.

1. More wins

2. more goals scored

3. Everone agreeing that the football we are playing is more enjoyable.

4. That he gives the younger players a chance in their posistions, and i mean a run of 4 or more games.Not just loaning them out.

5. The players HE buys are played in their correct posistions and once again given a run of 8 or more games.

Until then don't tell me they is no better manager around than Gary for Bristol City.

At the end of the day i hope he proves me wrong

He shouldn't need a transfer window to begin the process of change. If that was the case we could all be a manager.

A decent manager should be able to make the best of what he's got already even if the transfer window is going to be used to strengthen later on.

Given the players we have we shouldn't have to wait for more players to come in to see the beginnings of improvement. If that was the case, imagine if we brought in 2 wingers and they both got injured - by definition we'd be saying we'd be back where we started.

If its as easy as everyone thinks then why isnt it changing? YOU are not a proffesional coach. YOU dont know what happens behind the scenes. So leave it to the proffesionals. Some people think they know alot more than they actually do. Its not as easy as that!

Who knows what will happen? SL has put a lot of money into this Club, and might want a bit more than the current dull, predictable dross. Or he might be happy with the current position. In January GJ might bring in some players who can change things, or more Trundle/ Stuyvar wastes of money. The team might click and start getting results, or continue limping along with too many draws. SL might has indicated he wants the playing budget to balance, so we may sell a couple of assets and make do. If that happens, GJ might get upset, or might accept it, and on past history, he might well do better without big money. GJ might be tempted away by a decent offer from another Club. Nothing is certain, and all we can hope is that he can turn it around. As with all football managers, past history is no guarantee of future performance.

I don't expect us o win every game but what I do expect us to do is to play with some shape, Pass it round a little, Stop flooding teh team with central midfielders and stop playing so negative and going 1 up and trying to hold onto taht for teh rest of teh game and then letting it a last minute equaliser.

If its as easy as everyone thinks then why isnt it changing? YOU are not a proffesional coach. YOU dont know what happens behind the scenes. So leave it to the proffesionals. Some people think they know alot more than they actually do. Its not as easy as that!

Agreed. But that is hy GJ and other managers are paid to fix it. To blame supporters for games and others is totally irresponsible. If I was SL, I would be telling GJ we have spent enough. We have a good squad, lets get it working and solve the problem, not shoot from the hip by bringing in other players to add to the mix.

Who mentioned the word EASY? I suggested we should see the beginnings of improvement if GJ has a grip on how to get the best from the players we have. Either everyone is working at their potential already, or the management staff need a very large slice of time for anyone to see the green shoots of improvement. I think that's a fair analysis.

We do need new players, but let's say (for the sake of argument) we have no budget in January or we can't get any contracts signed, I have little confidence that the second half of the season will see a signifiicant change in performance, because I haven't seen anything tangible yet.

I think its only reasonable to suggest that GJ may be doing the best he can with what he's got. Whether its the best that this set of players could deliver is a different question.

Agreed. But that is hy GJ and other managers are paid to fix it. To blame supporters for games and others is totally irresponsible. If I was SL, I would be telling GJ we have spent enough. We have a good squad, lets get it working and solve the problem, not shoot from the hip by bringing in other players to add to the mix.

Agree with that. But due to the selling of Macca. A winger is much needed to help us play with shape. If we carry on with what we have then an improvement is unlikely. The questioun im asking myself is the season started well with a formation that looked to be working. Whats happened to that? QPR at home, people were saying was the best performance under Gj EVER.

The good thing is, were not playing that good but were still in touch with the playoffs so when we hit form things will be even better. Then what will the moaner's do, i imagine just sit and hope for more bad performances to happen so they can post again on here and be happy again. Life restored. :)

Your another one who for some bizarre reason thinks that the people who arent happy with the current boring football want more boring football so they can moan even more :noexpression:

You dont get it do you. If,or when we start to go out and play some attacking "positive" football with some width and pace then people wont have the reason to moan, simple.

• Admin
I don't expect us o win every game but what I do expect us to do is to play with some shape, Pass it round a little, Stop flooding teh team with central midfielders and stop playing so negative and going 1 up and trying to hold onto taht for teh rest of teh game and then letting it a last minute equaliser.

Slow your typing fingers down......

I'll tell you what is easy to see though. Two years ago we played with two wide men and took this division by storm.

This season we are a boring, negative side with no width, meaning no outlet ball, which in turn means we give the ball away constantly.

Teams are having so much posession against us and is it any wonder that we are getting pushed back and back untill we concede the late goal.

Just who is calling for Johnson's head?

u put it are complaining about the poor performances and lack of entertaining football. They/we are also saying that its Johnson responsibility and that he should absorb that responsibilty and stop blaming the players who are, most agree a decent bunch.

They/we are also saying that it doesn't look as if Johnson is willing to change his cautious style of football which will eventually (if not already) have an impact on attendences.

Others are saying give Johnson to the end of this season. That gives him time to turn thing around if he can.

Sacking Johnson now is not going to happen and nor should it but he needs to improve the fayre he's been serving up for the past two seasons, otherwise fans will begin to call for his head and if /when that happens the shite will really hit the fan..

About 3/4 of this forum :noexpression: The amount of Shit polls enough evidence

I'll tell you what is easy to see though. Two years ago we played with two wide men and took this division by storm.

This season we are a boring, negative side with no width, meaning no outlet ball, which in turn means we give the ball away constantly.

Teams are having so much posession against us and is it any wonder that we are getting pushed back and back untill we concede the late goal.

Thats why we should give Johnson january to change this.

I mean give him the window. so 41 days. Even after that i wouldnt think he should be sacked. But things should defienatley change by then.

He'll need at least Feb as well for players to bed in I would think - most players arrive towards the end of transfer windows.

• Admin
GJ has a 5 year deal, anyone thinking SL is about to sack GJ or GJ will quit is pretty vacant.

Its a minority calling for his head, but there is virtually unanimous consensus that the football being offered is neither entertaining or exciting, a consensus that hasn't been seen on this forum for a long time. A consensus that extends to the workplace and pub conversations, with fans who never log on here.

At best we'll continue to tread water in mid table whilst attendances drop, worst scenario is we hit a bad spell, the draws turn into losses and we drop near the relegation zone. Either way, we need to find some attacking flair. The only thing that gets bums off seats now, are the hot dog stalls, the toilets and the half time bar, its a rare sight to see the the crowd on their feet in collective excitement and anticipation of a goal chance.

:tumbleweed:Some people have very short memories!

Gary should be supported by everyone because he has got us to the best position we have been in for very many years. On balance he is doing OK - even Manure can lose 3-0 to a team like Fulham but you don't hear their fans calling for the head of Sir Alex.

We know Gary tried to get a left winger in the last window, which shows that he is well aware of shortcomings in the squad. He has committed himself to the long term project of getting us into the Premier League - so we should be patient and give him a chance to finish the project.

In many ways this would be an ideal time to rebuild the squad because if we went up before the new stadium is available, we could not seat all the fans who would wish to come to the games - let alone find places for them to park!

Changing manager is a HUGE gamble, would cost a fortune and would not guarantee any improvement. We are all supporters.......so lets support! :tumbleweed:

Its a minority calling for his head, but there is virtually unanimous consensus that the football being offered is neither entertaining or exciting, a consensus that hasn't been seen on this forum for a long time. A consensus that extends to the workplace and pub conversations, with fans who never log on here.

At best we'll continue to tread water in mid table whilst attendances drop, worst scenario is we hit a bad spell, the draws turn into losses and we drop near the relegation zone. Either way, we need to find some attacking flair. The only thing that gets bums off seats now, are the hot dog stalls, the toilets and the half time bar, its a rare sight to see the the crowd on their feet in collective excitement and anticipation of a goal chance.

I understand. So we need flair players and some width? Aye OK. We never really replaced McIndoe, and although I thought Carle and Noble where a waste of space, its clear that type of player can unlock defences. Also Trundle had his moments of brilliance. We do seem well covered with defensive players, but thats good.

So I dont know why people are getting on GJ's back, it seems to me the answers are clear, we need to ship out some dead wood and ship in some fresh blood. I hardly think this is beyond GJ's attention and i'm sure he will sort it out in Jan, if not Jan then closed season.

Its not all that bad.

:tumbleweed:Some people have very short memories!

Gary should be supported by everyone because he has got us to the best position we have been in for very many years. On balance he is doing OK - even Manure can lose 3-0 to a team like Fulham but you don't hear their fans calling for the head of Sir Alex.

We know Gary tried to get a left winger in the last window, which shows that he is well aware of shortcomings in the squad. He has committed himself to the long term project of getting us into the Premier League - so we should be patient and give him a chance to finish the project.

In many ways this would be an ideal time to rebuild the squad because if we went up before the new stadium is available, we could not seat all the fans who would wish to come to the games - let alone find places for them to park!

Changing manager is a HUGE gamble, would cost a fortune and would not guarantee any improvement. We are all supporters.......so lets support! :tumbleweed:

Well said :winner_third_h4h:

• Admin
Its not all that bad.

In the great scheme of things it isn't, but when fans, some very long term fans as well, are struggling to take any crumb of excitement or feeling of entertainment from home games, then it is bad, attendances will drop, I'd wager they'd be pretty low now if we didn't have a big season ticket base. The world has changed, the large percentage of staunch supporters that go to every game, regardless, is no more. Look at the fans around you, a different make up of folk fill the seats now compared with 20 years ago and in this modern age, they want value for money, at the moment, they aren't getting it.

Archived