IGNORED

Time's Up Mr Johnson

CalgaryRed

Try this for some perspective and maybe you can take your red tinted glasess off, we are on a slow but steady downward spiral and that situation needs to be addressed now, not at some point far off in the distance when blind faith such as yours has dragged us into a relegation battle that, by rights, we sholud be nowhere near

This our record over the last thirty four games.

P34 W8 D10 L16 PTS POSS 102 PTS WON 34 = ROUGHLY 34% OVER A SEASON OR 47 POINTS & RELEGATED!!

Time to arise from your slumber and see what an ever increasing amount of supporters have already spotted

great stats thanks.didnt realise it was as poor as that. well all you blind faith always believe numptys do those stats not make you think eh??

great stats thanks.didnt realise it was as poor as that. well all you blind faith always believe numptys do those stats not make you think eh??
I think them stats make it look better than it actully has been tbh.

Try this for some perspective and maybe you can take your red tinted glasess off, we are on a slow but steady downward spiral and that situation needs to be addressed now, not at some point far off in the distance when blind faith such as yours has dragged us into a relegation battle that, by rights, we sholud be nowhere near

P34 W8 D10 L16 PTS POSS 102 PTS WON 34 = ROUGHLY 34% OVER A SEASON OR 47 POINTS & RELEGATED!!

Time to arise from your slumber and see what an ever increasing amount of supporters have already spotted

Let me guess thats this seasons record plus last season at the point where our form dropped and yet you have the cheek to talk about red tinted glasses, what a ******* joker you are, I agree that the form you mention is worrying but last time I checked we were in the top half of the table and 12pts clear of relegation.

damn right, running out of support? Yes amongst that 5 or 6 % of fans with the patience of a 2 year old. When we got into this league people were predicitng 3 years worth of relegation battles. Instead Johnson has making huge strides in establishing this club in the Championship and the ungrateful few are crying into their ciders.

Well if youi consider the performances in the latter part of last season and the performance this season as GJ making huge strides then maybe you are drinking too much cider as opposed to some of us crying in it.

Let me guess thats this seasons record plus last season at the point where our form dropped and yet you have the cheek to talk about red tinted glasses, what a ******* joker you are, I agree that the form you mention is worrying but last time I checked we were in the top half of the table and 12pts clear of relegation.

Oh deary me, I may be wrong but calling me a effing joker maybe against the rules you naughty little scamp! Now although your keyboard warrior skills are to be admired you ignoring the facts and bleating about being 12 points points clear of relegation is all part of the problem, many people seem to be blind to what is in front of their very eyes.

How long will that wonderful 12 point gap continue to be there when there appears to be no end in sight to narrow, long ball football? 1 win in 8 would suggest that it will not last for very much longer

What's our record over the last 46?
Not quite sure if that would prove much, it might look better, but will just hide the current poor form.

There are a lot of very worrying signs, we have no idea what is our best formation, no regular striker pairing, continually change the back 3, 4, 5 or whatever, have no shape in midfield, rarely get to the by-line, just ping in endless diagonal balls which favour defenders, and give the ball away far too often. It's not just one fault, there are a number of issues, most of which stem from a badly unbalanced squad, and management not really knowing what is our first XI, or best shape.

Finding answers is less easy, definitely not the time to part company with GJ yet, but he is going to have a difficult job in January as I can't see SL letting him bring in too many players without trimming the wage bill first, particularly getting rid of the surplus central midfielders. It may even mean letting Maynard go to fund a couple of wide players, a striker who can hold the ball up, and a defensive organiser.

youarefaithdisturbing.jpg

youarefaithdisturbing.jpg

Good, funny reply, but it s not about faith, that gets you nowhere, it is about facing the facts and not burying your head in the sand and hoping the Christmas fairies will fix it.

UPDATE

From Feb 28th 2009

P35 W8 D15 L12 PTS POSS 105 PTS WON 39 F37 A44

POINTS %age 37% = 51 POINTS

WIN %age 23%

Winning less that a 1/4 of our games will not reach Mr Johnson's aim of a top six finish

There are a lot of teams with games in hand however, we could be as low as 17th or 18th if we lose on Monday. Then we could be in trouble.

This is true, Preston have a game in hand, Barnsley 2 games; both will be above us if they win there games;

Q.P.R. were below us now they are 7th we are 12th; in 13th Watford :noexpression: who Forest couldnt score against today.

Even Plymouth have woken up beating Cardiff today; We had better rise from our :fastasleep: soon :w00t:

I like how the attitudes are changing from "were ony x amount of points off the play-offs" to "were x amount of points of the relegation zone"

The fact of the matter is, the form IS worrying, as you well say. Now, answer me this, have you seen ANYTHING so far this season, ANYTHING, which suggests that things may well change, and our form will improve?? do we look like a team that is suddenly going to start creating chances? start scoring more goals?? start actually defending properly??

.....or is it going to be a case of same old same old when it comes to Gary and his excuses. One minute he is saying "were doing all we can" next minute he is saying "we need to do more".

I am prepared to give him January to put it right, but NEW faces are needed.....no more excuses like the last couple of January's. We NEED new faces, we NEED wide players, we NEED better defenders. Without it, we WILL start to slip towards the bottom three!

I like how the attitudes are changing from "were ony x amount of points off the play-offs" to "were x amount of points of the relegation zone"

The fact of the matter is, the form IS worrying, as you well say. Now, answer me this, have you seen ANYTHING so far this season, ANYTHING, which suggests that things may well change, and our form will improve?? do we look like a team that is suddenly going to start creating chances? start scoring more goals?? start actually defending properly??

.....or is it going to be a case of same old same old when it comes to Gary and his excuses. One minute he is saying "were doing all we can" next minute he is saying "we need to do more".

I am prepared to give him January to put it right, but NEW faces are needed.....no more excuses like the last couple of January's. We NEED new faces, we NEED wide players, we NEED better defenders. Without it, we WILL start to slip towards the bottom three!

Stop press***** we`ve started***** can it be stopped is the question, the answer is ; it has to be.

Have I missed something? Did we lose 10 - 1 today?

A narrow 2-1 defeat away to QPR is not that bad. Too many city fans have lost the plot on here. I listened to the game and thought we sounded the better team.

When will this GJ bashing stop on here? Sooooooo boring!!!!!!!

Why 34 games ?

Were the two games prior to that wins ?

Your stats mean nothing, zip, not a thing, it's just selective to make your negative point.

It's now, when things are not going our way that the bottlers come out to play - both on the pitch and off it as well. It's also the time that the others have a good moan and a rant, then get things into perspective, roll up their sleeves and work their way through it. That's what I expect from Johnson and his team and from the players - there'll be a couple or so who will go missing, but most will grow some and rise to it.

Have a moan by all means - I've had more than my share of moaning lately, but a sense of perspective is handy sometimes.

Why not 34 games, makes better reading than the last 8?

Of course they mean something just not in the land of blind faith, reading some on here is like listening to a devout christian. It isn't a negative post it is the truth, 34 games is a long, long time not a snap shot but a general down slope. Check out dismal goal ratios as well if you want, none of it is particularly uplifting. If you wish to carry on just thinking it will all be alright int the end then that is your right. Mr Johnson gets the next window to sort it out, changing managers mid-season is a bottom three move IMO, if he doesn't then it is time for thanks very much and goodbye.

The football is dire more than it is even vaguely interseting, walk up attendances are virtually zero and plenty will not renew if things do not change

Have I missed something? Did we lose 10 - 1 today?

A narrow 2-1 defeat away to QPR is not that bad. Too many city fans have lost the plot on here. I listened to the game and thought we sounded the better team.

When will this GJ bashing stop on here? Sooooooo boring!!!!!!!

nearly as boring and predictable as the football and Garys post match interviews.

I watched the game, second half was decent, but all the damage was done in the first half! It was dreadful

Good, funny reply, but it s not about faith, that gets you nowhere, it is about facing the facts and not burying your head in the sand and hoping the Christmas fairies will fix it.

UPDATE

From Feb 28th 2009

P35 W8 D15 L12 PTS POSS 105 PTS WON 39 F37 A44

POINTS %age 37% = 51 POINTS

WIN %age 23%

Winning less that a 1/4 of our games will not reach Mr Johnson's aim of a top six finish

:laugh: Sorry. Meh, I wonder if we had a top quality Keeper we would be firmly in the play offs with our players, we certainly got a top 6 team.

I',m certain we're ganne bring in a new stopper in Jan.

nearly as boring and predictable as the football and Garys post match interviews.

I watched the game, second half was decent, but all the damage was done in the first half! It was dreadful

That's funny, on the radio it sounded like we were the better team in the 1st half!

Why 34 games ?

Were the two games prior to that wins ?

Your stats mean nothing, zip, not a thing, it's just selective to make your negative point.

It's now, when things are not going our way that the bottlers come out to play - both on the pitch and off it as well. It's also the time that the others have a good moan and a rant, then get things into perspective, roll up their sleeves and work their way through it. That's what I expect from Johnson and his team and from the players - there'll be a couple or so who will go missing, but most will grow some and rise to it.

Have a moan by all means - I've had more than my share of moaning lately, but a sense of perspective is handy sometimes.

How the hell can stats mean nothing i think you will find at the end of the season stats will decide which division we play in next season,i think a lot of people have a perspective and this 12 points cushion is not a huge gap in this league . Plymouth have been dreadful but have nicked wins at Boro and Cardiff ,the Leicester game like Reading last season was another false dawn all this talk from various players about finding form,working together as a team ,putting things right just isn't happening ......... It is down to Gary Johnson and Mr Invisible Millen to earn their nice fat wages and sort out formation,confidence,tactics,moral. Steve Lansdown is to his credit really trying to push the club out of years of under achievement ,but the bland boring tripe on offer is only going to lose support not build it up .

Don't be moronic.

If Johnson goes, prepare yourself for relegation, no new stadium, Lansdown selling the club and the rest of our days in the footballing backwater... Where we have always been (except 4 seasons out of 112 ish). And that is what we will deserve.

We have been overperforming for the past couple of seasons. And GJ has got us there. You'll do well to remember that.

This club has far too many negative suporters with too high expectations. ...............

Oh Dear, PLEASE get your facts right.. WE (Bristol CITY) have been to the top flight on TWO occasions Not once, and have spent more than 4seasons there. Our First spell resulted in our best league finish as runners up to Newcastle Utd. Just 3 points behind the champions and recording a win against them at Ashton gate.In our FIVE seasons there we finished 2nd,10th,8th,16th,19th(out of 20) Our SECOND spell in the top flight saw us finish 18th,17th,13th,20th(out of 22). I was under the impression that the only person who thought we had only been in the top flight Once was that ILL-Informed idiot of a so called councillor who turned down City's application for access to our new stadium...... Hope this was of help in educating you. KEEP THE FAITH

We dominated the first half hour actually before gifting QPR their first and their second strike was the result of failing to deal with a poor QPR corner routine.

Second half we did play well and deserved at least a point from the game.

QPR fans were singing 'we're supposed to be at home' at the end, such was our dominance.

Frustrating, but then we didn't deserve anything from the Reading game.

We dominated the first half hour actually before gifting QPR their first and their second strike was the result of failing to deal with a poor QPR corner routine.

Second half we did play well and deserved at least a point from the game.

QPR fans were singing 'we're supposed to be at home' at the end, such was our dominance.

Frustrating, but then we didn't deserve anything from the Reading game.

I agree wholeheartedly with that.

We were far the better side, I credit the formation with that and the fact players seem to know where they were playing.

I would add I thought Dean could have done better with the goal. May seem harsh and I haven't seen it again but my first thoughts were he should have got a hand to it. I agree with Carey who was asking how the fk the player had that much room too.

QPR were very poor.

A side with about 7 defenders on at home with nobody attacking with 20 mins left at home, is fking poor. In fact they reminded me of us at times.

We deserved something from that game today, one point being the bare minimum.

I agree wholeheartedly with that.

We were far the better side, I credit the formation with that and the fact players seem to know where they were playing.

I would add I thought Dean could have done better with the goal. May seem harsh and I haven't seen it again but my first thoughts were he should have got a hand to it. I agree with Carey who was asking how the fk the player had that much room too.

QPR were very poor.

A side with about 7 defenders on at home with nobody attacking with 20 mins left at home, is fking poor. In fact they reminded me of us at times.

We deserved something from that game today, one point being the bare minimum.

Yeh we played with width and looked a lot more comfortable for it. I thought we didn't use Ivan enough when he came on as he seemed to be chomping at the bit.

Agree about Gerken, I still think Basso is a better shot stopper. Don't think Basso would've been beaten from the edge of the area like that.

Don't like to use excuses but the ball didn't break for us in the right areas today and also the referee was a 100% homer, booking our players and not their's and we should've had several free kicks in and around the penalty area as well as that strong penalty shout at the end.

Don't be moronic.

If Johnson goes, prepare yourself for relegation, no new stadium, Lansdown selling the club and the rest of our days in the footballing backwater... Where we have always been (except 4 seasons out of 112 ish). And that is what we will deserve.

We have been overperforming for the past couple of seasons. And GJ has got us there. You'll do well to remember that.

This club has far too many negative suporters with too high expectations.

Get behind the team and the staff and we'll slowly build for the future.

WE HAVE BEEN IN THE TOP DIVISION ON TWO OCCASIONS. SPENT NINE YEARS THERE AND RECORDED OUR BEST FINISH AS RUNNERS UP TO CHAMPIONS NEWCASTLE BY ONLY 3 POINTS. NOT GREAT ...BUT OVER TWICE AS MUCH AS YOU SEEM TO THINK.

FACTS SPEAK LOUDER THAN WORDS. :englandsmile4wf:

Don't be moronic.

This club has far too many negative suporters with too high expectations.

Get behind the team and the staff and we'll slowly build for the future.

We've actually been 9 seasons in the top flight of English football and we're well over due our 10th season. A lot of money has been spent and we're no better off than last season. We should be moving forward now not stagnating and we still get knocked out of the cups in the early rounds. How have we been overperforming given the money spent and the players we now have ???!!!! :noexpression:

Archived