IGNORED

For Those Of You That Want Johnson Out

Tinmansleftboot

Ok, so I'm hardly the wee mans biggest fan at the moment but I don't think he should be sacked or even leave the club by mutual consent.

He has done a fantastic job to get us where we are today but there is only so long we can look at the past. I think that time has now come. Gary's had one of the longest honeymoon periods I remember any City manager has ever had, and rightly so. However, the wheels have started to fall off recently and it could be argued that they started to come loose during the last ten or so games last season.

We know he can handle the good times but can he steady a rocking ship? I think the guy has earned the right to sail the good ship ' Bristol City' into calmer waters. Surely this is where his metal is tested to the max. Everybody is a hero when things are going well but can Gary become the manager we all hoped he was and take us to where we all believe we belong - the top six?

I'm not so sure he can do it, but I'm happy to give him a few more games. To be honest there isn't a lot out there that would do our club justice. I've heard Steve Coppells name being banded about recently. I'd rather stick with Gary and see where the ride takes us for the time being.

I'm sure we've all had shockers at work over a period of time. I bet most of you weren't sacked!

Now is the time to unite and be as one. I was at Wembley, as I'm sure most of you were, when we lost to Hull. The over riding emotion for me that day was one of pride and belonging. The result didn't go our way but I'd never felt so much part of a football family as I had that day. Two years on and it's like mum and dad are on the verge of divorce and granma's on her last legs!

So much for ' ALWAYS BELIEVE' !!

Come on City!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RR

This isnt ment as a insult but i read the first line of your thread and I got bored, sorry did'nt read the rest.

When Johnson leaves the club i will be one of the first to thank him for what he's done in the PAST.

Now lets move on and look to the FUTURE as no club in history has ever got promoted on previous seasons results.

This isnt ment as a insult but i read the first line of your thread and I got bored, sorry did'nt read the rest.

When Johnson leaves the club i will be one of the first to thank him for what he's done in the PAST.

Now lets move on and look to the FUTURE as no club in history has ever got promoted on previous seasons results.

That's stating the obvious. However, you only have to look at Man Utd and Alex Ferguson. Now, I'm not saying this is exactly the same situation but it does show what can happen if you stick it out with a manager. Ok, so Our Champions League may well be a place in the Championship play offs again in the next couple of seasons but is GJ as bad as we're all making him out to be? I don't think so. It could be argued that he's a victim of his own success.

Gary Johnson was the right man at the right time for the job. It's up to him and his management and players to prove he still is. I'd hate to see the stability that's been built at Ashton Gate vanish down the plug hole because of one one and a half 'average' seasons.

We were spoilt a couple of seasons ago. It could be said that that success came too soon. Maybe it gave us all unrealistic expectations. Nobody can answer that definitively.

Would we be better off ripping the heart out of the club again? Again, it's an impossible question to answer. The only way we'll know is if we do it. I'm glad I'm not SL. It would be a massive call.

As I've said I think the ' little general ' deserves longer to remedy the situation he's created.

You kind of wonder just when some supporters will give up on GJ - me, I think we need a change now - good bye and thanks.

If we keep playing like this some of our supporters will only say GJ should go when we are actually relegated - this year or next - that is too late we need a change soon as poss to kick this club up the arse!

You kind of wonder just when some supporters will give up on GJ - me, I think we need a change now - good bye and thanks.

If we keep playing like this some of our supporters will only say GJ should go when we are actually relegated - this year or next - that is too late we need a change soon as poss to kick this club up the arse!

Ok, I respect your point of view. However, surely sacking GJ now would create more problems than it would solve. It's widely recognised that we need wide men. What if GJ grants us our wish and supplies the wide men next month. If that doesn't work or he fails to sign them then maybe the time would have come to say ' goodbye and thank you.'

I'm not a massive fan of Johnson at the moment but I do feel he should be given the chance to fix the mess he's created.

If we do sack him and a new manager comes in, how long will it take him to turn it around.

sometimes it's better the devil you know than the devil you don't.

Ok, I respect your point of view. However, surely sacking GJ now would create more problems than it would solve. It's widely recognised that we need wide men. What if GJ grants us our wish and supplies the wide men next month. If that doesn't work or he fails to sign them then maybe the time would have come to say ' goodbye and thank you.'

I'm not a massive fan of Johnson at the moment but I do feel he should be given the chance to fix the mess he's created.

If we do sack him and a new manager comes in, how long will it take him to turn it around.

Yeah maybe - I just can't see GJ changing anything. Supporters of GJ say look what he did for us - yes got us back at least where we should be - but that was a season or two ago - when those that think maybe he is at this limit (yes me) point out that in this 12 months we are about the worst team on form out of all the championship we are told by GJ supporters you cant count last end season results?! Thats mad - he had a bad spell end of last season all summer to address it and for whatever reason we are still playing dull unattractive football and we bubble around mid-table cos everyone is pretty much the same. He has had the chance to fix the mess and wasted it - I think new blood can't do any harm and gives someone a chance to look at the squad before next season - but it wont happen - we are stuck with him and so here is to Monday and a hopeful win at home before 2010 :fastasleep:

Dear Gary / Millie,

Sorry past sell by date - Thanks for the memories but just like a relationship its time to go our different ways???

For most I sense that there is a distinct lack of enthusiasm about Mondays game (I know that I am having to work hard to build up any interest).

Lets face facts that despite spending lots of SL's kids inheritance GJ has got us to mid table Championship whilst lesser managers such as Billy Davies, Dave Jones, etc have spent similar or even less and are achieving more than us. Yes, I know that 5 years ago we would have given our right arm for where we are today, but, unfortunately as time goes on so does expectancy and in my mind the whole thing (just like many relationships) is going stale and I am afraid that personally I do not think GJ has the spark to renew that love or desire.

EVEN if we were pushing for the play offs most of us if we tell the brutal truth would know that we are probably at least a minimum of 8 possibly more players off of a team that would finish fourth from bottom in the Premier League so do we settle for mid table obscurity playing football which really does not excite or do we call it a day and go our own ways. Just ask yourselves "if" we were playing Portsmouth on Monday at the Gate instead of Watford playing the team that turned out today would YOU put £50 of your hard earned on a home win - NO you know you wouldnt???

Like all good relationships we have had some great times, Wembley, Rotherham home and promotion, but I very much doubt whether if there are any more highs on the horizon.

I for one would respect ALL concerned a lot more Steve L, GJ and Millie "if" we could arrange a suitable parting now, please let us not prolong this soap opera.

Even "if" we thump Watford I think that we all know that the parting is now certain, so lets get it over and done with and hopefully in the future if and when you guys return to Ashton with your new club you can return with dignity and get the welcome reserved for past heroes such as Matty Hill or Ade Akyinbi. It would be very sad that if because the longer you cling on the more the love affair turns nasty and you become figures of hate.

The love affair is now over - SORRY, but let us all move on and keep our fond memories not have ones that are tarnished with hate.

oh for crying out loud get a new subject and move on cos this subject of Supporters moaning,bitching and basically being unsupportive members is getting imature and very childish if you don't like whats being done by the Management/Club Manager,Players or Club in General then leave the Club as A Supporter and stop writing on here all together period...... A Football Supporter is someone who is Loud and Proud To Support and Defend Their Club.Players.Club Manager/Management etc through Thick,Thin,Win Or Lose thats a true Football Supporter and thats with thanx to My Father and His Father before him who taught me to be the Girl I am and write and speak on how I feel and I thank them for that I'm Loud And Proud to be A FULL ROBINS TRUE SUPPORTER THROUGH AND THROUGH AND I HAVE BEEN SINCE THE DAY I WAS BORN AND I'M 24 YEARS OF AGE NOW AND ALWAYS WILL BE WETHER THEY WIN OR LOSE,Gary and His Management and Players have had A Amazing Season and they have and still are trying their best to do whats right for Players,The Management and Club and Supporters but you need to give them time and be patient it takes time I wonder if the so called True Robins Supporters who are moaning,bitching,backstabbing and generally being moaning winging children will be complaining once the new Stadium is build and if we did get into the Premier League League answer to that is simply NO THEY WOULDN'T BE MOANING,BITCHING,BACKSTABBING AND GENERALLY BEING UNSUPPORTIVE SUPPORTERS because we would be on our way up and out of the Lower Leagues to go Top Of The World Into Premier League Status

oh for crying out loud get a new subject and move on cos this subject of Supporters moaning,bitching and basically being unsupportive members is getting imature and very childish if you don't like whats being done by the Management/Club Manager,Players or Club in General then leave the Club as A Supporter and stop writing on here all together period...... A Football Supporter is someone who is Loud and Proud To Support and Defend Their Club.Players.Club Manager/Management etc through Thick,Thin,Win Or Lose thats a true Football Supporter and thats with thanx to My Father and His Father before him who taught me to be the Girl I am and write and speak on how I feel and I thank them for that I'm Loud And Proud to be A FULL ROBINS TRUE SUPPORTER THROUGH AND THROUGH AND I HAVE BEEN SINCE THE DAY I WAS BORN AND I'M 24 YEARS OF AGE NOW AND ALWAYS WILL BE WETHER THEY WIN OR LOSE,Gary and His Management and Players have had A Amazing Season and they have and still are trying their best to do whats right for Players,The Management and Club and Supporters but you need to give them time and be patient it takes time I wonder if the so called True Robins Supporters who are moaning,bitching,backstabbing and generally being moaning winging children will be complaining once the new Stadium is build and if we did get into the Premier League League answer to that is simply NO THEY WOULDN'T BE MOANING,BITCHING,BACKSTABBING AND GENERALLY BEING UNSUPPORTIVE SUPPORTERS because we would be on our way up and out of the Lower Leagues to go Top Of The World Into Premier League Status

If this was true then we would have never got rid of Lumsden, or Osman - some of the ones you seem to be having a pop at here have been around a lot longer, saw the team get into the old Div 1, then go bank-rupt, fall through the Divisions, gave our last pennies and worthless shares just so this club is still alive today for you to support - wake up and smell the coffee - supporters have a right to moan when things are going wrong and they are - people can say things are ok but to have a pop and claim to be a better class supporter is banal (with or without the "b") :bruce_h4h:

Dear Scott Murray23 HOW many games have you attended this season and are you some type of masochist????

I think you will find that the vast majority of us who contribute on here are NOT BITCHING, MOANING, BACKSTABBING or GENERALLY UNSUPPORTIVE we are genuine supporters (Most of whom have been going down to Ashton or whichever ground BCFC has graced around the UK) before you were even a "twinkle" in your daddies eye???

Just how much longer can we keep on saying that we should stick with Johnson.How does a club progress with the policy of supporting failure so consistently.

This is a bit of a stirring Churchill ramble. :laugh:

I have to disagree with your sentiments though. A football supporter isn't someone who sits back and blindly supports the club, players and manager through think and thin. It's someone who cares enough to see the obvious flaws as well as commend when things go well.

I'm sure you didn't sit at Ashton Gate looking longingly across the turf at Tony Clueless when he was in charge. I've never seen City play such dull, uninteresting football in all my time. Many people wanted him out as he wasn't right for the club.

City have been a massive part of my life and I love them to bits. That's why I wouldn't support GJ and his management team if things start to get worse. I do accept that he needs to be given Jan to sort this mess out but if he can't then it's time to go.

I have Man Utd supporting mates that actually watch their team play and they complain most weeks about something. Football is a game of opinions, if it wasn't then this forum would be boring. Well, ore boring than it often is..:laugh:

enough games thanx in reply to your answer and no I'm not I just say how I feel on things,straight up,honest and to the point if people don't like it sorry but home truths hurt some people oh well they will get over it some day

Oh so YOUR allowed your OWN opinion but anyone else on here who is criticising is not a true supporter??

Dear Scott Murray23 HOW many games have you attended this season and are you some type of masochist????

I think you will find that the vast majority of us who contribute on here are NOT BITCHING, MOANING, BACKSTABBING or GENERALLY UNSUPPORTIVE we are genuine supporters (Most of whom have been going down to Ashton or whichever ground BCFC has graced around the UK) before you were even a "twinkle" in your daddies eye???

Why does everybody on here that's over 50 feel the need to patronise people because they haven't followed the club for as long? Is it a right of passage or something?

A FULL ROBINS TRUE SUPPORTER THROUGH AND THROUGH AND I HAVE BEEN SINCE THE DAY I WAS BORN AND I'M 24 YEARS OF AGE NOW AND ALWAYS WILL BE WETHER THEY WIN OR LOSE
NOTE - Bristol City FC and Gary Johnson are two separate entities, in fact Gary Johnson is nothing more than an employee of Bristol City FC. I agree that some of the criticism is OTT, but there are some very worrying signs and issues that need addressing, and criticising constructively is not disloyal. If it was, I think most fans would have been disloyal during the later part of Tinnions reign, and the entirity of Clueless' sad spell at City!

sorry I disagree with some of you, I love This Club to bits,This Club,The Management,Ashton Gate,The Players ARE My World And My Life I will support them until I die thats a True Supporter to Me Through Thick,Thin,Good Times And Bad Times,Win or Lose I'm happy with everythink I couldn't ask for anymore more Gary and His Team are trying their best and they are giving 110% but You Supporters who sit on her daily 24-7, 7 days a week bitching,moaning,winging,wying little children cos things aren't going right praps you should be the ones to take a visit back to Ashton Gate sit there in the stands when its quiet and really think what The Robins really does mean to you because I'm sure you will all come back with a totally different view of things,I know what Bristol City means to me inside and inside my heart I know what The Club means to My Family,The City Is In My Blood and will be in My Childrens Blood when I have kids, if your A True Supporter Through Thick And Thin,Good Times And Bad Times,Win or Lose you would see what I mean by what I'm writing,A True Supporter doesn't sit on her and moan,bitch,wing and wyin and act like a little cry baby every time something goes wrong you take the negatives and turn them into positives and you go back re-watch the game and you realise mistakes,correct them and learn from them and I think you will find I was born on December 17th 1985 so for those of you who can't add up to save your lives that makes me 24 years of age this year NOT 50 YEARS OF AGE THANX VERY MUCH RANT OVER!!!!!!!!!

Why is it not??

Age shouldnt come into it, the comments are as patronising as each other, so do you look at peoples age etc when someone replies to you??

I merely read the comments

I don't look at the ages no. When people start to talk about ' a twinkle in your fathers eye' it's patronising. I was merely pointing out that the 'older' fans on here seem to think they have a monopoly on supporting City.

sorry I disagree with some of you, I love This Club to bits,This Club,The Management,Ashton Gate,The Players ARE My World And My Life I will support them until I die thats a True Supporter to Me Through Thick,Thin,Good Times And Bad Times,Win or Lose I'm happy with everythink I couldn't ask for anymore more Gary and His Team are trying their best and they are giving 110% but You Supporters who sit on her daily 24-7, 7 days a week bitching,moaning,winging,wying little children cos things aren't going right praps you should be the ones to take a visit back to Ashton Gate sit there in the stands when its quiet and really think what The Robins really does mean to you because I'm sure you will all come back with a totally different view of things,I know what Bristol City means to me inside and inside my heart I know what The Club means to My Family,The City Is In My Blood and will be in My Childrens Blood when I have kids, if your A True Supporter Through Thick And Thin,Good Times And Bad Times,Win or Lose you would see what I mean by what I'm writing,A True Supporter doesn't sit on her and moan,bitch,wing and wyin and act like a little cry baby every time something goes wrong you take the negatives and turn them into positives and you go back re-watch the game and you realise mistakes,correct them and learn from them and I think you will find I was born on December 17th 1985 so for those of you who can't add up to save your lives that makes me 24 years of age this year NOT 50 YEARS OF AGE THANX VERY MUCH RANT OVER!!!!!!!!!

I suggest you read my post again. I was defending you Scotty. You had a fan who's supported City since the 70's patronising you as he'd followed the club since you were a twinkle in your parents eyes.

I think you should realise that the players and management are merely representing you on a daily basis. They aren't the club. Nobody is perfect and Gary Johnson et al are only people. They make mistakes. I read somewhere a long time ago that ' you only really love someone(thing) when you can see their (its) faults. I wish I could remember who said it. Using that basis we all love City to bits! haha

I don't look at the ages no. When people start to talk about ' a twinkle in your fathers eye' it's patronising. I was merely pointing out that the 'older' fans on here seem to think they have a monopoly on supporting City.

Fair enough, just think theres too many people making there own points but when someone disagress etc means there wrong and doesnt truly support City etc, it doesnt it just means there views are different which is there choice.

Fair enough, just think theres too many people making there own points but when someone disagress etc means there wrong and doesnt truly support City etc, it doesnt it just means there views are different which is there choice.

I agree, the whole point of a forum is to debate things that matter. I just hate this whole ' the true fans' ' the real fans' brigade.

It doesn't matter how you support City. If you buy a shirt every season or you buy a season ticket or you own shares does that make you more of a fan that only watches the games on teletext? Surely a fan is somebody that cares.

I agree, the whole point of a forum is to debate things that matter. I just hate this whole ' the true fans' ' the real fans' brigade.

It doesn't matter how you support City. If you buy a shirt every season or you buy a season ticket or you own shares does that make you more of a fan that only watches the games on teletext? Surely a fan is somebody that cares.

:thumbsup: Very true, everyone wants the best but portray it in very differnet ways no-one WANTS us to lose so people can moan like some people suggest sometimes!!

Archived