IGNORED

Radio Bristol

Pete1975Legend

After every game we ge the same people going on about the same thing, it's as predictable as Christmas falling on 25 December each year. We start with Mark then onto Terry.....etc etc

I don't mind listening in but this constant having a go at GJ is just pathetic, 1st it was LJ the fans got their wish and he isn't in the first team, they get the team they want and still it's not good enough. From GJ point of view he has probably over achieved and now soem fans are getting greedy and calling for his head, what made me laugh is the guy that said bring in Southgate, the same Southgate who got 'boro relegated.

In 2007 if someone had said to us 'right your going to finish 21st then 16th then top 10' in the championship over the next 3 seasons we would of bitten their hand off, but instead we had a great first season and a good second season to and now were having a good thrid season and yet people want the manager sacked? It is totally unbelievable, some of our fans have got to get a perspective and just keep believing as this telephoning in and the negative reaction to results on this forum is just not helping.

A special note must go to the idiot who said Sproule can't dribble with the ball? Did you go to Leicester? or were you snuggling down in your armchair!!!

But it's not just the radio the fans who booed GJ off in the Ateyo yesterday what were you thinking? If you boo GJ then you have to boo the players to after all they are the ones who sit back in the box and yet no one has criticised our Goalie for not claiming the ball on 2 occasions in the lead up to that goal or Skuse for the lazy ball out of defence. But lets not forget these are the golden boys who can do no wrong.

After every game we ge the same people going on about the same thing, it's as predictable as Christmas falling on 25 December each year. We start with Mark then onto Terry.....etc etc

I don't mind listening in but this constant having a go at GJ is just pathetic, 1st it was LJ the fans got their wish and he isn't in the first team, they get the team they want and still it's not good enough. From GJ point of view he has probably over achieved and now soem fans are getting greedy and calling for his head, what made me laugh is the guy that said bring in Southgate, the same Southgate who got 'boro relegated.

In 2007 if someone had said to us 'right your going to finish 21st then 16th then top 10' in the championship over the next 3 seasons we would of bitten their hand off, but instead we had a great first season and a good second season to and now were having a good thrid season and yet people want the manager sacked? It is totally unbelievable, some of our fans have got to get a perspective and just keep believing as this telephoning in and the negative reaction to results on this forum is just not helping.

A special note must go to the idiot who said Sproule can't dribble with the ball? Did you go to Leicester? or were you snuggling down in your armchair!!!

But it's not just the radio the fans who booed GJ off in the Ateyo yesterday what were you thinking? If you boo GJ then you have to boo the players to after all they are the ones who sit back in the box and yet no one has criticised our Goalie for not claiming the ball on 2 occasions in the lead up to that goal or Skuse for the lazy ball out of defence. But lets not forget these are the golden boys who can do no wrong.

Instead of coming on her moaning about the moaners, why dont you get on the blower and have your say. I am sure that they only put on who calls in.

Who are all entitled to an opinion?

But it's not just the radio the fans who booed GJ off in the Ateyo yesterday what were you thinking?

Think you'll find it was the ref they were booing?

Great post, agree with everything you say.Sick of the moaners on here

I really loved the guy who came on telling us he didn't support any football club, but was a "supporter of football". He then went on to tell us that we were a disgrace to our football club given what GJ has done for us. He also suggested that we expected too much on a tiny budget (are you listening SL!).

This chap is to football fans what Steve Claridge is to football punditry.

Great post, agree with everything you say.Sick of the moaners on here

Perhaps people 'moan' as you say, because we've only won 4 of our last 19 League games, after winning 3 of our opening 5.

And as one of the named callers to Radio Bristol I don't 'moan', but merely pass on constructive criticism, based on the evidence of my own eyes.

It's a free country, and you're entitled to do the same, rather than moan about those who do.

Perhaps people 'moan' as you say, because we've only won 4 of our last 19 League games, after winning 3 of our opening 5.

And as one of the named callers to Radio Bristol I don't 'moan', but merely pass on constructive criticism, based on the evidence of my own eyes.

It's a free country, and you're entitled to do the same, rather than moan about those who do.

Well said.

Whilst I don't agree with all that was said last night I thought much of what was said was well thought out and quite reserved in fact. It wasn't full of off the cuff remarks and panic to move GJ on.

There were a few too many "at the end of the days" and "time and time again" but otherwise OK.

GJ IN!!

A special note goes to every OTHER game where he runs very fast and picks the block in Row T block B in the Atyeo stand with his crossing. The guy can do something special occasionally, very occasionally. Otherwise he is far too slack with the ball. One good run and goal does not make a great player.

I assume you call soon after the finish? I don't normally hear you because it takes 20 minutes for me to get back to my car.

You are absolutely right that anyone can phone in and give their opinion but wouldn't you say that there seems to be an imbalance of negative callers to the programme?

Special mention has to go to "Ian" (or Bristol Toddler as I like to call him). He states that we might have well boarded up the left hand side since we weren't using it. Que? Skuse was pretty much nailed to the left touch line. "Ian" states that GJ has run out of ideas. Que? He used a completely different formation from the previous home game. That would be a new idea.

"Ian" then helpfully points out that he can't affect the team formation/staff. Thanks "Ian".

Ps Do you also call from the "Supporter's Club"?

Special mention has to go to "Ian" (or Bristol Toddler as I like to call him). He states that we might have well boarded up the left hand side since we weren't using it. Que? Skuse was pretty much nailed to the left touch line. "Ian" states that GJ has run out of ideas. Que? He used a completely different formation from the previous home game. That would be a new idea.

"Ian" then helpfully points out that he can't affect the team formation/staff. Thanks "Ian".

I may be wrong, and if so sincere apologies to those involved, but I have a feeling that "Ian" used to post on here as "Bristol Boy".

Stop moaning

Correct. The Ateyo applauded Johnson who just walked off the pitch, the ref was the one getting the abuse.

I don't know why people moan about last minute goals i leave 10 minutes before the end ,miss most of the first half so go home happy listening to every idiot ringing in saying how bad we are .I've never listened to any supporter who talks sense on Twentyman's chit chat there is nothing wrong at Ashton Gate , i watch half a game and the league table would put us much higher up if that counted,these bloody officials playing 90 minutes then injury time no wonder our boys can't hold out ...... Sorry but yesterday i thought those that went spoke very well on the phone in .The arm chair bloody pundits know sweet F A .Sproule plays a decent game once in a blue moon the wonder goal was a rare event ,its not picking on him the fans in Scotland said he was not a consistant winger fast but little end result before he was barely in the team here,it was a more open entertaining game the goal was predictable again in my foolishness i thought we would win before kick off...... The ref was a total jobsworth sticking to the book but no way could Lewin Nyatanga stay on with that tackle the booing was i thought also directed at the ref not our little Fuhrer.

Hence Chivs "Bristol Toddler" reference :innocent06:

You know me too well. :rolleyes:

I always found Ian's reports on here superlative and I miss them still. However, if you ever questioned his pre-eminence he would throw a tantrum and take his ball home. Voila - Bristol Toddler.

He also finds it impossible to be at all positive about anything BCFC. He didn't even mention the goals yesterday, one of which was an exceptional freekick. Our forward play was also much improved (there were one or two crosses which were, well, actually dangerous!!). Nevertheless, it was moan, moan, moan, Johnson doesn't know what he's doing, moan, you could write the match report the day before, moan....

Nevertheless, this is his perorgative. I could ring up to give a more balanced view but unfortunately I'm normally driving home on motorways. I do wish BCFC supporters generally could give a better representation of ourselves but it seems as if the negative ones have a monopoly on Radio Bristol.

PS Also worth recalling that it was Ian who propagated the malicious rumour that Hartley had requested a transfer. I wonder if Radio Bristol have asked him to get some evidence before he makes these type of statements on local radio?

Radio phone-ins simply reflect what fans are thinking. Pretty much the same as fans forums.

You could always phone in yourself and put a far more enlightened view on things.

No it doesn't - it only reflects the views of those who phone in.

The same people each week as they crave their 5 mins of fame with their mates in the pub.

I assume you call soon after the finish? I don't normally hear you because it takes 20 minutes for me to get back to my car.

You are absolutely right that anyone can phone in and give their opinion but wouldn't you say that there seems to be an imbalance of negative callers to the programme?

Yes, I do call from the Supporters Club.

The reason you raise the question of an imbalance is simple, it reflects how we're performing on the pitch.

Here's a question. After our fantastic win against Boro' on the 29th August, City's third in five League games, if someone said to you, "Chivs, that was great, but we'll only take four victories from our next nineteen Championship matches," you'd have called them bonkers, mad, stupid, negative. But here we are.

Add that to our one win from our final twelve matches of 2008-09 and you've got a lot of fed up fans. Young and old, longstanding and recent; the feeling is the same. We're rightfully worried.

Radio Bristol don't get the opportunity to screen callers who phone in after matches. The show producer takes the call and passes it through to Geoff Twentyman, or his stand-in. Just two people, no more.

In short, anybody can get through.

Theres nothing stopping any one ringing in and putting thier vocal point of view.

BUT

Some football followers hide behind the format called texting.

If any one wants to ring in thier view point on this weekends game against Cardiff,with a a different slant,

here is the phone number for BBC Radio Wales 03700 100 110.

Archived