IGNORED

Alan Irvine

fka dagest

I think this means we will finish above Preston this season as the new person will have little time to turn things around. Another reason to hold steady and see if GJ can sort things out in the January transfer window with some new players in and some of those who are never going to play again making room.

100% agree.

In our play off season, there was a special belief around the club. And I say special because i've never experienced it since that day at Wembley. Everyone and i mean everyone were as one. There was a feeling that we were unbeatable, that noone could stop us. West Brom at home that season proves my point, Watford away and Palace in the Play Offs aswell. Yeah we had alot of luck, but in football you make your own luck.

I just feel the club has changed so much in 2 years from a fans point of view. Not just the players but the togetherness we had. Ashton Gate was a fortress, nobody wanted to come here and everybody feared us. It will take alot to recreate that atmosphere again, but it's the fans that have to start believing. Things will change, it wont always been like this with the last minute goals against. The only way we will get out of this is support for the manager and every single player who pulls on the red jersey. Always believe.

Good post that year I feel nothing could go wrong and we playing such good footy too and with the luck. Howeber I'm happy to wait for that to happen again I odn't think by getting rid of GJ we'll be much better off and if we were would take few years for a manger to get his own players inm etc.. I think doing so well in the first year in the champ hasn't help GJ cause he likes to build a team up so hmm.

Surely the transfer window is much of the cause of so many managers getting the chop at the moment. It's now or never for impatient Chairmen and the pressure is on when results are everything. Money not time rules the game now which has soured things.

Good post Milo. The point you make about hearing the same old things is something I've not thought about before.

Who knows, maybe you're right. As much as I've backed GJ, Jan is vital for us. We need to see the squad balanced out, and a player or too being given some competition. As I said on another thread yesterday, I really hope SL can back GJ for another transfer window. If he does, and come March / April there is no real improvement - and we're not in danger of going down - then there can be no excuses. Maybe then it would be time for a different voice in the changing room and on the training ground.

i just dont see the players doing what they were 2 year ago and there must be a reason for that and maybe it is that he cant motivate the group anymore. also maybe he has got too comfortable and lost his edge, i dont know. they are giving 100% as far as i can see but a few years ago they were giving 200% if that makes sense. they were literally giving everything and at the end of games there was only one side looking the stronger. now its the other way around and we look like a frightened, exhausted, bunch of pansies at the end of games.

im 50:50 at the moment on whether GJ is the best man for the job. when i think could someone else do better i think yes they could if we got the right man but obviously if we get the wrong one we would be back in league one sharpish. i am sure SL will give GJ at least another couple of months even if we only win one of the next 10. im pretty sure he will also back him to some extent in january with an addition or two.

time will tell but to be honest my hope that GJ can get it sorted is based on his first few years in charge and not on what he has done in the last 18 months. i fear that he is losing his way at bristol city.

I think this means we will finish above Preston this season as the new person will have little time to turn things around. Another reason to hold steady and see if GJ can sort things out in the January transfer window with some new players in and some of those who are never going to play again making room.

Don't be too sure about that. It's being reported that Preston want Sean O Driscoll, which would be a great appointment.

Archived