IGNORED

Sean St Ledger

Sampson City Reds

Probably way to expensive for us but I see he has fallen out of favour with Middlesbrough and gone back to Preston. He would be a good signing for us a goal scoring full back and a replacement for a struggling Jamie Mac.

he is NOT a left back or right back hes a centre back so how could he be cover for jamie mcallister

He would be a good signing for us a goal scoring full back and a replacement for a struggling Jamie Mac.

Sean St Ledger needs a good Manager and/or coach to bring the best out of him. He was a complete donkey when playing for Posh and P'boro' could not believe it when they were offered money for him.

Sean St Ledger would cost big money - money i would rather see spent in other areas.

The Defence we have at the moment is just lacking confidence, we have enough quality in that area to see us through to the end of the season and then in the summer maybe invest in an expensive defender. Just a thought...

Sean St Ledger needs a good Manager and/or coach to bring the best out of him. He was a complete donkey when playing for Posh and P'boro' could not believe it when they were offered money for him.

When i used to watch the Posh he was a shining light in a poor relegation battling side. Barry Fry was glad for any money he could raise by selling him. He was there 1 sellable asset. I definately wouldnt want him down here, if you saw him on the Ron Atkinson show on sky he's sounds thick as shit and disinterested in anything. He seemed quite moody as well.

Well he's had Irvine and Strachan recently and couldn't hack it so why would we want him. Having said that Preston are in the mire and he is their best asset so I can understand them trying to sell him.

Well he's had Irvine and Strachan recently and couldn't hack it so why would we want him. Having said that Preston are in the mire and he is their best asset so I can understand them trying to sell him.

To be fair Irvine lost him cos boro offered silly money and strachan wanted him to sign permanantly for boro, but St Ledger wanted to return to preston....

Does not sound like a player that 'cant hack it'

so why did strachan want to sign him.... for millions

You really need to ask Strachan that, but why does any manager want to sign a player - surely because he believes that player would add something to his team. Doesn't gaurentee that the player is up for it though does it, and I suspect but don't know that Boro were probably offering better money. Perhaps St Ledgr didn't like to biscuits, other players, coaching staff, manager, pressure, expectations or his agent said the wind was from the wrong direction or his wife/boyfriend didn't like the shops. Either way he couldn't hack it and wanted to go home.

I love this forum : never let the truth get in the way of a good story !!!!

Southgate signed him, not Strachan. St Ledger is first choice centre back for the Republic of Ireland, and Trappatoni aint a mug. He's a decent player especially at this level, but £4M for a Championship Centre-Half???

Lansdown's loaded not deluded.

More chance of Basso signing for Arsenal imho.

I love this forum : never let the truth get in the way of a good story !!!!

Southgate signed him, not Strachan. St Ledger is first choice centre back for the Republic of Ireland, and Trappatoni aint a mug. He's a decent player especially at this level, but £4M for a Championship Centre-Half???

Lansdown's loaded not deluded.

More chance of Basso signing for Arsenal imho.

Southgate signed him on loan - but Strachan wants him to sign permanantly.

Archived