IGNORED

Who Next?

Snufflelufagus

David Rennie .

Even when he left my mates and I would still blame him and shout ****ing Rennie :laugh:

My Dad always moaned at Andy Lewelyn, he could do nothing right in his eyes. I used to sit and cringe everytime the ball went near him, well actually it didn't need to be near him for him to get the blame. :winner_third_h4h:

Yes, undoubtedly our next most underrated player, though nothing like as underrated as LJ. Why's Fonts out of favour atm? Anyone know?

McAllister is a good bet as he's basically undroppable atm. These guys are going to miss LJ a lot.

I think we've moved on to the management though, haven't we...

What are we going to miss most though, the 0 assists or the 0 goals he has contributed this season then ?

Lj was not by any stretch of the imagination to most underrated player here, he could do a job at this level but that is about it he wasn't terrible but neither was he brilliant, his stats this season show that, in a system that isn't suited to him, nor any other midfielder he has been the least productive of what you would consider the first choice central midfielders in his position, he's not really competing with Elliot (although i wouldn't be overly dissapointed to see him go either on current form but he would probably need replacing while i don't think Lee does) shows that ability wise he's just not up to the standard of the others, if he was anywhere near as good as some people think, he would have still been able to do something, Skuse, Hartley and Sno have been more productive while much more often than LJ being asked to play completely out of position, so we aren't going to miss Johnson one iota.

His old man has done him no favours as he seems to have picked a formation and style of play which could almost have been designed by some of Lee's worst detractors to highlight as much as possible all the flaws in his game while giving him no opportunity to show his ability which is a shame, as frankly i don't think he's the weakest central midfielder we have if you play a system that suits him, playing in a 4-4-2 with some width and Johnson could have offered something, Skuse and Hartley are head and shoulders above him ability wise and in the system that would work for Lee i think Sno and Elliot would be more useful, but playing a decent system i think he can offer more on a consistant basis than Williams can.

But in the system we are currently employing Lee is pretty much a waste of space, even when he plays ok he doesn't actually do anything of real note, whereas in a proper system he can offer a lot when he plays well (which is much less often than i'd like or we need to compete at the level we want to be at) but he can be a useful "club in the bag".

It's a shame and i wish him well and hope he does well for Derby to be honest.

Skuse, Hartley and Sno have been more productive while much more often than LJ being asked to play completely out of position, so we aren't going to miss Johnson one iota.

We missed him vs Watford and I don't think any of them have been "productive".

Skuse has had 4 or 5 poor games, whereas LJ's had maybe 1. Everyone keeps forgetting that. I can't remember the last time we won when a CM has had a bad game.

But in the system we are currently employing Lee is pretty much a waste of space, even when he plays ok he doesn't actually do anything of real note

I can't think of a much more derogatory term than "a waste of space".

I think he was better before he switched with Elliott. At least then he could put some crosses in.

Skuse has had 4 or 5 poor games, whereas LJ's had maybe 1. Everyone keeps forgetting that. I can't remember the last time we won when a CM has had a bad game.

I can't think of a much more derogatory term than "a waste of space".

I think he was better before he switched with Elliott. At least then he could put some crosses in.

just wondering have you considered stand up

post-8613-1262468318.gif

Guest pogopete
We should make a token crap signing, direct all our anger towards him when we dont get 3pts or play like Barca, even if he doesn't play, a player punch bag will do wonders for our existing squad, a good investment I think.

We done that with Styvars and a few others but then we loaned them out. :closedeyes:

Skuse has had 4 or 5 poor games, whereas LJ's had maybe 1. Everyone keeps forgetting that.

No, we don't. We just don't share whatever screwy scale it is you use to judge a performance. Skuse has been consistently better than LJ by far this season and certainly hasn't had four or five poor games.

Just because people may not have a 100% 'everything is fantastic' attitude, doesn't mean to say we are boo-boys.

Now I have never boo-ed my own player and never will. But I also share the concerns of those who I have heard boo about what is wrong with the team selection or formation.

At 28 quid a ticket and a lot of us travel from outside of Bristol, I appreciate they have every right to say what's wrong.

We're not just cheerleaders, we are all for the most part informed viewers of football going back years and years.

I myself did not think Lee Johnson was worthy of his place in the side at times.

I based that on my own eyes following us up and down the country.

I did hear a couple of other things from inside the City players camp from my cousin who works at the gym they go to, but that didn't form the base of my opinion.

I'm not one for believing "x player said this to me the other day about y player being unhappy about z player always being in the team etc etc"

Not to call my cousin a liar of course!!

However to answer the question - I think that people will be critical of players not deemed worthy of their place in the team and who are not good enough.

For me it is abundently clear to any man and his dog Jamie McCombe is not a Championship standard player. If we get rid of him in Jan, I would be very surprised if a CCC club came in for him.

I'd also go along with the comment about McAllister - he's been pretty average.

I would though myself not boo any of them. Yet I will not say everyone in the team is fantastic, stop criticising or leave.

So Hartley hasn't been productive? What are you talking about? And I disagree with your Skuse comments name 4 or 5 games where he's been poor this season. He's been consistently brilliant and was even very solid when played out of position at RB. At West Brom he was running practically the whole right side of the pitch himself with little or at times no support.

Looking at the up market cars in the parking lot behind the Atyeo, they are all on far too much money and are serving up poor quality football week after week, some without breaking too much of a sweat seemingly and not earning the right to wear our precious shirt...

So lets boo all of them.... :preacher: ...Boo!!!

The lady who serves the hot chocolate never smiles and the bar prices are too high...Boo!!

I don't ever boo players but if I did it would be McAllister especially when he lumps an aimless punt to no-one in particular. Soooooo frustrating....

Still a great defender though, and when he doesn't hoof it he knows what to do with it! Great player in my opinion and has been the best defender of ours this season. Carey has been injured so he doesn't count as he hasn't played as many!

Archived