IGNORED

Kevin Phillips?

DaveF

I know he's old but he's not getting much of a chance at Birmingham and him and Carsley are possibly looking at leaving to seek more first team football. He always seems to score a lot of goals so might he be worth a punt?

His off the ball play combined with Sno/Hartley's passing in midfield could create a fair amount of goals? Add to that a decent left winger and a centre half and we're looking half decent?

I know he's old but he's not getting much of a chance at Birmingham and him and Carsley are possibly looking at leaving to seek more first team football. He always seems to score a lot of goals so might he be worth a punt?

His off the ball play combined with Sno/Hartley's passing in midfield could create a fair amount of goals? Add to that a decent left winger and a centre half and we're looking half decent?

I agree with you on Phillips Dave. He has a proven record and can find the net.

However I would get rid of Sno. He's costing us a fortune every week and he's terrible in the last few games I've seen. Takes too long on the ball, loses it a lot of times to put us in the sh*t and he cowers out of tackles.

I'd play Skuse and Hartley in the middle and get in a left winger.

Phillips up front would get my vote for a season or so.

I agree with you on Phillips Dave. He has a proven record and can find the net.

However I would get rid of Sno. He's costing us a fortune every week and he's terrible in the last few games I've seen. Takes too long on the ball, loses it a lot of times to put us in the sh*t and he cowers out of tackles.

I'd play Skuse and Hartley in the middle and get in a left winger.

Phillips up front would get my vote for a season or so.

Complete non starter for me, we have enough strikers and I would prefer to see us play Akinde week in week out than sign another journeyman.

As for wages, little point sending Sno back as we have already paid for him for the entire season. Plus, Phillips would command at least double the salary we are supposed to be paying Sno, it's just a stupid idea.

Complete non starter for me, we have enough strikers and I would prefer to see us play Akinde week in week out than sign another journeyman.

As for wages, little point sending Sno back as we have already paid for him for the entire season. Plus, Phillips would command at least double the salary we are supposed to be paying Sno, it's just a stupid idea.

We've paid Sno for the entire season???

For fk's sake. The guy has been utterly fking useless!!!

Well you obviously weren't at Leicester then!! the one game he's played in his proper position!!.......result? MOM and scores a cracker!! Whenever he gets the ball he's got at least two markers sometimes three! and more often than he'll get a pass away and find a red shirt. When he tackles he's not going in purely to stop the opposing player, he's thinking about what he's gonna do with the ball when he's won it!!.....it's called having a 'football brain'!!

Well you obviously weren't at Leicester then!! the one game he's played in his proper position!!.......result? MOM and scores a cracker!! Whenever he gets the ball he's got at least two markers sometimes three! and more often than he'll get a pass away and find a red shirt. When he tackles he's not going in purely to stop the opposing player, he's thinking about what he's gonna do with the ball when he's won it!!.....it's called having a 'football brain'!!

True, I wasn't at Leicester so will bow to others' opinion who were there, as I will always do.

However I have been at West Brom, QPR and Doncaster and home to Reading and Watford.

He cowered out of every tackle at West Brom and got caught with the ball countless times. He didn't play at Doncaster, he was ineffective at QPR.

Against Reading - what did you think of his performance?

How many times did he give the ball away? How many times did he shirk out of challenges?

How many times were there groans as he gave the ball away - I counted three times Reading should have scored from him giving the ball straight to their man!!

He has been pretty ordinary the numerous times I've seen him. Twenty grand per week?!

True, I wasn't at Leicester so will bow to others' opinion who were there, as I will always do.

However I have been at West Brom, QPR and Doncaster and home to Reading and Watford.

He cowered out of every tackle at West Brom and got caught with the ball countless times. He didn't play at Doncaster, he was ineffective at QPR.

Against Reading - what did you think of his performance?

How many times did he give the ball away? How many times did he shirk out of challenges?

How many times were there groans as he gave the ball away - I counted three times Reading should have scored from him giving the ball straight to their man!!

He has been pretty ordinary the numerous times I've seen him. Twenty grand per week?!

[/quote

for me he needs another couple of months to settle and its unfair to pass jugdement on the small number of games hes played and his he realy on 20k pw??

It seems we are forming a new favourite topic, "Sno- brilliant or crap" Sorry LJ we have moved on.

I haven't seen every game of the season, bit of a trek nowadays, but the ones I have watched, I would sum up Sno the same way James Corden summed up Peter Crouch in the Comic Releif sketch, except the other way round. He told Crouch "When I look at you everything I see tells me you should be rubbish at football, but you're not"

Well, when I see Sno run on the pitch and think "yes, Ruud Gullit, majestic midfielder" and after ten minutes raelise he is just Blue Square league player. I think it's easy for some to turn a blind side to rubbish and then enthuse over the one good pass he makes.

But there, perhaps I have seen the wrong games but if he's that good he should'nt be having that many bad games.

for me he needs another couple of months to settle and its unfair to pass jugdement on the small number of games hes played and his he realy on 20k pw??

I agree about giving players time to settle BUT a midfielder cowering out of tackles as I have seen him do countless times, is not about settling. That is a fundamental part of the game needed which he seems to not want to do.

The fact his substitution brought the loudest cheer of the day at homes speaks volumes.

He wants far too long on the ball and isn't interested in tackling or heading. That in itself suggests a problem not related to settling down.

I agree about giving players time to settle BUT a midfielder cowering out of tackles as I have seen him do countless times, is not about settling. That is a fundamental part of the game needed which he seems to not want to do.

The fact his substitution brought the loudest cheer of the day at homes speaks volumes.

He wants far too long on the ball and isn't interested in tackling or heading. That in itself suggests a problem not related to settling down.

cant argue with your point as it makes sense but i will make my judgement after 30 plus games

Bit of perspective required surely?? Sno is a young player still developing, isn't anywhere near a world beater but isn't rubbish either. Can't say I've ever thought he has a lousy first touch (the opposite if anything) - I think perhaps he's inclined to take too many touches and doesn't always look up quick enough, can slow the move down....balanced againts that he looks strong, decent in the tackle, comfortable on the ball. Agree he's been asked to play a few different positions and wide either left or right probably not his best. Reasonable shot and a couple of goals, we've seen enough to believe more is to follow. The best midfielders at the moment are clearly Hartley and Skuse - it's not that long ago that Skuse looked not too much more than an energetic committed player happy to fill in wherever required - he's much more than that now. Give these people a chance to develop!

Where do people get this information from, or do they make it up or hear it down the pub?

We have not way of telling and anyway, even if we are why are you so upset about it, its SL paying it, not you.

I wonder how many of the tossers slagging Sno on this forum, Were also the ones begging GJ & SL to sign him after seeing him play once. if he is that crap it just goes to show these tossers 'be careful what you wish for' and that goes for many other moans/wishes at present.

also wonder how many of these people are the same who slagged LJ off. Got to love how much patience people have on here.

Archived