IGNORED

4th Round Draw

bs3

hmm that will be really inspiring for city.. having said that IF we beat cardiff we have beat Leicester and we are at home so good be a good chance to get to the 5th round but of course one game at a time
Exactly Cardiff didn't get to the final by beating loads of prem teams on the way so if you want to progress it is a decent draw imo.

Southampton vs Ipswich Town

Reading or Liverpool v Burnley

Millwall or Derby County v Brentford or Doncaster Rovers

Bristol City or Cardiff City v Leicester City

Stoke City v Arsenal

Notts County or Forest Green Rovers v Wigan Athletic

S****horpe United v Manchester City

West Bromwich Albion v Plymouth Argyle or Newcastle United

Everton v Nottingham Forest or Birmingham City

Accrington Stanley or Gillingham v Fulham

Bolton Wanderers v Sheffield United or Queens Park Rangers

Portsmouth or Coventry City v Sunderland

Preston North End v Chelsea

Aston Villa v Brighton & Hove Albion

Tranmere Rovers or Wolverhampton Wanderers v Crystal Palace

Tottenham Hotspurs vLeeds United

Good draw really, the 5th round is there for us if we want it.

Completely agree. Ok it's not a glamorous away tie like a lot of us were hoping for and my first reaction was a groan, but on reflection it is a decent draw as for the first time in ages we have a good chance of progressing to the 5th round. 2 clubs in our league only a few points ahead of us at home, if we want it enough we can win these 2 games!

Edit: Apologies for the double post, that was originally posted into 2 different threads but they have since been merged!

I would rather us lose away at a decent Prem side/Ground that draw at home to Leicester then lose the replay (should we fluke our way past Cardiff).

Disapointing.

That's a rubbish way of looking at it I'm afraid.

Getting on a good cup run can build confidence for the players and build excitement for the fans and raise the profile of the club. Getting spanked at Stamford Bridge is in no way shape or form a positive experience.

That said, let's be honest, we don't really do the FA Cup do we? Or the League Cup for that matter.

Being drawn at home is the main thing as we're clearly strongest at Ashton Gate.

Cardiff and Leicester will of fancied these forthcoming ties a lot less then we should be.

I would rather us lose away at a decent Prem side/Ground that draw at home to Leicester then lose the replay (should we fluke our way past Cardiff).

Disapointing.

Why would we fluke it past Cardiff then?

Good job we're not one of the big 4 isn't it,we'd never get an exciting draw then,we'd have to wait till at least the semis for it.

Of course if we make round 5 then the semis are 2 wins away,and you can win 1-0 and play boring football and you'd still be allowed to go through

That's a rubbish way of looking at it I'm afraid.

Getting on a good cup run can build confidence for the players and build excitement for the fans and raise the profile of the club. Getting spanked at Stamford Bridge is in no way shape or form a positive experience.

That said, let's be honest, we don't really do the FA Cup do we? Or the League Cup for that matter.

Being drawn at home is the main thing as we're clearly strongest at Ashton Gate.

Cardiff and Leicester will of fancied these forthcoming ties a lot less then we should be.

So we don't do well in the FA Cup yet you think we can go on a good cup run?

I don't think a spanking away at a top side is really going to damage us. We lost 6-0 to Ipswich the season we got to the PO final.

Why would we fluke it past Cardiff then?

Good job we're not one of the big 4 isn't it,we'd never get an exciting draw then,we'd have to wait till at least the semis for it.

Of course if we make round 5 then the semis are 2 wins away,and you can win 1-0 and play boring football and you'd still be allowed to go through

I think what he's trying to say is that the way we're playing atm a draw and loss in the replay against Cardiff seems very likely, and IF we beat them, it's again likely we will draw at home to Lecister. I think you may be reading into it a bit too much.

The last time we reached the fifth round was in 2001 and we were beaten 3 - 0 by Leicester City at Filbert Street

I was there and the food outlets were closed because they had a power cut in the stand. The view was dire as we were below the pitch looking up at the players legs. It was crap and Matt Hill either gave away a penalty or scored an own goal - can't remember which it was.

As others have stated, I think it's an OK draw. Home tie is very important, and if we do want it we could be through to the 5th round. Other teams might see it as a chance to play youngsters but we know GJ won't do this and will probably play a full strength team. Would be great to make it to the 5th round, haven't done that in years! At least we haven't got Boro again this year (although that might have been an easier tie..)

What about leicester at home..................

More than happy with that, as I said anyone at home will do me.

Really not interested in the 'family fun day out' to a so-called big club playing half their reserves - not at this early stage anyway.

I'm optimistic City's home games are going to be alot more interesting and entertaining from now on and I wouldn't be surprised to see us put both Cardiff and Leicester to the sword.

If so, fingers crossed our luck holds with another home draw and then things will really get interesting.

So we don't do well in the FA Cup yet you think we can go on a good cup run?

I don't think a spanking away at a top side is really going to damage us. We lost 6-0 to Ipswich the season we got to the PO final.

You're putting words in my mouth. I said I think it's better to have home draws against lower sides and build up some confidence and form than be happy to get beaten and go out as you would seem happy doing so.

Especially given our current form and likely mid table finish this season, a victory over Cardiff next Tuesday could be very important. As for 'fluking' past them...they have they're issues at the moment you know, they haven't got a fit central midfield last I read plus Ledley could be off.

I was there and the food outlets were closed because they had a power cut in the stand. The view was dire as we were below the pitch looking up at the players legs. It was crap and Matt Hill either gave away a penalty or scored an own goal - can't remember which it was.

I have a feeling that it was both.

Archived