IGNORED

Nobes Joins Exeter

!james

good luck to him! Tisdale is a great manager, hope he can get the best out of him

Exeter City are delighted to announce the signing of former Bristol City midfielder David Noble.

The 27-year-old Scottish midfielder suffered a serious injury in the summer and he has been rehabilitating with the Exeter City medical team for the past few months.

But his recovery has progressed ahead of schedule and the management are confident that he will feature for the first team during the current campaign.

Manager Paul Tisdale told the Official Site "David is now in full training with the squad.

"It is anticipated that he will be fully fit within the next two months and ready to participate towards the end of this campaign."

Noble began his career at Arsenal but really made his name at Bristol City where he made 95 appearances, scoring seven times including a last-gasp thunderbolt against Crystal Palace which earned City a place in the 2008 Championship Play Off Final.

He spent a spell on loan at Yeovil at the end of last season before linking up with the Grecians.

Good luck to David Noble....

Exeter now have the following ex City players....

David Noble

Rob Edwards

Alex Russel

Marcus Stewart

Scott Goldbourne

Ryan Harley

Paul Tisdale

Joe Burnell

& Uncle Tom Cobbly

Thats quite a list!

Andy Tillson will be spoilt for choice.

Good luck Nobes,

Good luck to David Noble....

Exeter now have the following ex City players....

David Noble

Rob Edwards

Alex Russel

Marcus Stewart

Scott Goldbourne

Ryan Harley

Paul Tisdale

Joe Burnell

& Uncle Tom Cobbly

Thats quite a list!

Barry Corr as well, who we had on loan briefly. They're not far off beng able to field a whole ex city team!

That's a hell of a recovery from the injury, let's hope this has been a kick up the arse for him. Best of luck Nobes, prove GJ wrong!

Prove G/Johnson wrong how exactly? By doing a decent job for a League 1 team? Don't get me wrong, I wish him luck and hope he does well but Noble all too often flattered to deceive. Some (all too few) stunning goals, good dribbles and link up play but all too often he was peripheral, a passenger barely moving 10 yards either way beyond the centre circle. And before anyone starts that wasn't down to formation or tactics - he had plenty of chances at the heart of midfield or in the hole - and plenty of times when he just didn't do it. And that, for whatever reason, was down to David Noble.

Prove G/Johnson wrong how exactly? By doing a decent job for a League 1 team? Don't get me wrong, I wish him luck and hope he does well but Noble all too often flattered to deceive. Some (all too few) stunning goals, good dribbles and link up play but all too often he was peripheral, a passenger barely moving 10 yards either way beyond the centre circle. And before anyone starts that wasn't down to formation or tactics - he had plenty of chances at the heart of midfield or in the hole - and plenty of times when he just didn't do it. And that, for whatever reason, was down to David Noble.

I must say I do disagree with this, whenever he played for us I thought he was good and was very harshly dropped last season after a run of good games. I also thought we played some of our best footie under GJ when he played in the middle with Russel. Anyway good luck Nobes and I wish you a speedy recovery!

Prove GJ wrong in that he can keep off the booze and be a decent footballer. Completely agree with everything you've said about him. He should've been playing in the 70's, the booze and the shagging going on then, he'd have fitted right in!

Prove GJ wrong in that he can keep off the booze and be a decent footballer. Completely agree with everything you've said about him. He should've been playing in the 70's, the booze and the shagging going on then, he'd have fitted right in!

NO ONE TO BLAME BUT HIMSELF, poor dears few hours training stay fit and healthy keep off the fags and drink/drugs in return have a decent wage, cushy job,security . My Pity goe's to those with no job and can't pay the bills not the likes of him and Blackman .

NO ONE TO BLAME BUT HIMSELF, poor dears few hours training stay fit and healthy keep off the fags and drink/drugs in return have a decent wage, cushy job,security . My Pity goe's to those with no job and can't pay the bills not the likes of him and Blackman .

Hang on, are my posts coming over in the wrong way or something? I AGREE!!

As my first post said, maybe this is the kick up the arse he needed. Maybe being out of a job, as he has been since June, has made him realise what life could be like.

I must say I do disagree with this, whenever he played for us I thought he was good and was very harshly dropped last season after a run of good games. I also thought we played some of our best footie under GJ when he played in the middle with Russel. Anyway good luck Nobes and I wish you a speedy recovery!

I agree that the best football we have played under Johnson was when Russell and Noble were the central midfield combination. Noble has fantastic ability but as others have said does not appear to want success in the professional game enough. A shame that such a talent is wasted in the lower leagues.

I agree that the best football we have played under Johnson was when Russell and Noble were the central midfield combination. Noble has fantastic ability but as others have said does not appear to want success in the professional game enough. A shame that such a talent is wasted in the lower leagues.

Agree with that. I used to love a Noble-Russell combination in those L1 days.

Fantastic ability and hopefully sorts himself out head-wise to achieve what his talent could bring.

My daughter's at Exeter University and I'm getting ever more tempted to take in a game on one of my trips down.

Maybe when they play the gas so I can wear my colours and sing some 'City' songs. :winner_third_h4h:

I went to Exeter University in the 1990s and it was a great ground to go to watch a game.

Though they keep the football quite quiet around there. A housemate went down to the shop one morning in his Southampton shirt to run into a coachload of Portsmouth who had come for a friendly.

I vividly recall his "Has anyone got a paper with fixtures? There's fking scummers everywhere in town!"

I once watched Exeter v Wigan there. Who would have thought one would head to non-league and the other to the Premier League!

Beautiful place is Exeter.

I went to Exeter University in the 1990s and it was a great ground to go to watch a game.

Though they keep the football quite quiet around there. A housemate went down to the shop one morning in his Southampton shirt to run into a coachload of Portsmouth who had come for a friendly.

I vividly recall his "Has anyone got a paper with fixtures? There's fking scummers everywhere in town!"

I once watched Exeter v Wigan there. Who would have thought one would head to non-league and the other to the Premier League!

Beautiful place is Exeter.

Agreed, I liked it immediately - struck me as being like a little Bristol but quieter, much less traffic, less developed, greener and prettier. Lots of good pubs too.

The University grounds are fantastic, built on the extensive grounds of a couple of old mansions, if I remember rightly, with superb mature trees everywhere.

Only been to the ground once, in the 80's, to follow City and that was just a case of finding a pub and straight out after the match so never realised what an attractive place it is.

I'd enjoy a return visit to the ground, especially to see a few City old boys on target in a crushing defeat of the gas. :yes:

Agreed, I liked it immediately - struck me as being like a little Bristol but quieter, much less traffic, less developed, greener and prettier. Lots of good pubs too.

The University grounds are fantastic, built on the extensive grounds of a couple of old mansions, if I remember rightly, with superb mature trees everywhere.

Only been to the ground once, in the 80's, to follow City and that was just a case of finding a pub and straight out after the match so never realised what an attractive place it is.

I'd enjoy a return visit to the ground, especially to see a few City old boys on target in a crushing defeat of the gas. :yes:

All City fans would be very welcome at Exeter. Some of your "cast offs" have done a great job for us and Harley may even move for reasonable money in the transfer window. We played the gas off the park at their place but lost one-nil, so owe them a beating at ours. As you probably know it's Plymouth we hate and when we were languishing in the Conference a lot at Gnome Park didn't think they would ever play us again. Assuming we don't get relegated ourselves do us a favour and beat them when you play them in March!

Archived