IGNORED

Weather

Portland Bill

i thought all promoted/prem teams in the PL has to have undersoil heating in place, tho i could of made it up :dunno:

hope its on :fingerscrossed:

The majority of the time its more to do with the stands/surrounding roads, both Carling Cup semi finals have already been called off and the manchester derby isn't until tomorrow evening.

I'm worried about getting to Tuesday's game. We've easily got a foot of snow in my part of the Cotswolds and I've not seen a snow plough or gritter except of the telly. With continued freezing conditions (-12 here tonight I'm told), and further snow on Sunday I'm struggling to see a safe passage to AG.

Fingers crossed.

I live and work in Crystal palace, about 20mins from Selhurst, At the Mo we are under about 7/8in of snow with more falling.

Even if they can keep the pitch free of snow and above frozen, the surrounding areas won't be fit to walk on. The pitch might be fine, but I can see the old bill calling it off on H&s grounds.

Temps are due to go between 1c and -7c between now and friday. I can't see it happening myself.

That's a good point.. Everyone knows Palace don't have any money. They won't have sold any of their good players (Moses etc.) by Saturday, but if it's called off they may be forced to sell by the end of the transfer window, and it'd be an easier game if they've lost a few good players if we played them in a few weeks time.

I live near Selhurst and if the game is on I'll be unbelievably shocked. I'd make other plans for Saturday!

I agree. I think you may find 80% of matches off even some with undersoil heating won't go ahead like Eskay said, H & S won't allow it. The surrounding area is bad, police will say it's too dangerous for fans to travel.

I just got in to work and it's -9 so that may take some time to thaw with current temps expected.

MM

Conversely, I am in Central London and whilst there is ice around, it isn't as bad as you might think. Clearly much worse as you go further out of town.

I heard on the weather forecast this morning that we should expect bright sunny days, with temperatures plunging overnight.

You never know......

Archived