IGNORED

Away Tickets Still Avaliable

BridgyRed

I am not a season ticket holder but me and my mate both have voucher b. I took a couple of hours off work this afternoon to drive 40 miles to Ashton Gate hoping to get lucky and get a ticket for saturday, or so I thought

Once I got there I bought two tickets on general sale and didnt even have to use Voucher B, there were piles of tickets on the desk and I was told that there were still 300 left.

I'm sure that every City fan wants us to go up so I'm urging everyone to go and buy a ticket, It may be easier, cheaper and less hassle to watch it on Sky but surely everyone knows that nothing matches actually being there. Lets give the team the best possible chance by selling out the allocation and making the most noise possible.

I'm sure that everyone thinks they are a City fan but if you dont have a ticket ask yourself why not. If you dont have a good reason then seriously get down to the gate and buy a ticket.

We can do this but we all must stick together and do whatever we can to help City go up.

You all know it makes sense

Well said, but impossible for me, work,wife, money, kids, grass to cut, food to buy, bills to pay and trips to Ashton and Cardiff coming up :rolleyes::wacko:

I am not a season ticket holder but me and my mate both have voucher b. I took a couple of hours off work this afternoon to drive 40 miles to Ashton Gate hoping to get lucky and get a ticket for saturday, or so I thought

Once I got there I bought two tickets on general sale and didnt even have to use Voucher B, there were piles of tickets on the desk and I was told that there were still 300 left.

I'm sure that every City fan wants us to go up so I'm urging everyone to go and buy a ticket, It may be easier, cheaper and less hassle to watch it on Sky but surely everyone knows that nothing matches actually being there. Lets give the team the best possible chance by selling out the allocation and making the most noise possible.

I'm sure that everyone thinks they are a City fan but if you dont have a ticket ask yourself why not. If you dont have a good reason then seriously get down to the gate and buy a ticket.

We can do this but we all must stick together and do whatever we can to help City go up.

Amen :rolleyes:

Well done mate, from another Bridgy bloke,work and children to see to saturday otherwise i would be there :rolleyes:

i went up aswell today from burnham, could have saved you a couple of hours off work :rolleyes:

Agree with what you say, i was worried they'd all be gone when the steward walked up to me on my way in :wacko:

Guest Cyprus_Red

well I'm going to hartlepool and a bit disappointed we havent already sold thses tickets. people were complaining we only got 900 and then were not selling then as quickly as i thought they would go :@

Guest BCFC_DEANO

doesent help when ticket hotline isnt open till friday.cant afford time off work and dont work in bristol! thank god you can now get them online.hartlepool here i come :rolleyes:

I think it would be very embarrasing for us if we didn't take the full 1000 to Hartlepool.

I wouldn't doubt the support of anyone not going- people have different reasons, priorities etc- BUT I still think it will be very unfortunate if we didn't take the 950 odd.

I know it's a long way, and on Sky, but it's not a large allocation to sell, it is a VERY important game.

I also think the 6:00pm kick off has made it far more difficult for people.

BUT as I said- a club our size should sell this allocation EASILY. Whether true or not H'pool fans were talking of selling their 1,500 easily for Wednesday night- and that is a tiny club AND on a Tuesday night.

COME on. People CAN get there, CAN get back and CAN show a great support for City at the same time.

Guest LeicesterRed

I`m a little disappoiinted with this state of affairs. I have resigned myself to not going, and even though I have Voucher B, realised it was of little use. I`m not driving 280 miles to show it to get the chance to obtain a ticket.

I would definitely have gone to the match, I have this saturday off work( as opposed to using up more of my precious my annual leave) but now have made other arrangements, (ie, loads of booze, Sky set up, spectators coming to my house to shout at the box etc etc).

I`m left feeling pretty fed up and only wish I could be there cheering on the lads to victory!!

:dunno::dunno::dunno::dunno: :@ :@ :@ :rolleyes::wacko::dunno:

Guest Nice Tie Junior

If we cant sell 950 tickets for the first leg of a play-off semi final - may I suggest we all stop pretending we are a big club with a fabulous away support blah blah blah and wake up to the fact that our away support isnt as good as it used to be....yes its better than Rovers and Swindle etc but we should be selling 950 tickets in one day let alone not selling them at all.

How we can take so many up to Barnsley and not sell 950 for Hartlepool is beyond me....come on lads nuff excuses get down the gate, get a ticket and get yourself on the m5 northbound.

See you there.

Another Bridgy Red

If we cant sell 950 tickets for the first leg of a play-off semi final - may I suggest we all stop pretending we are a big club with a fabulous away support blah blah blah and wake up to the fact that our away support isnt as good as it used to be....yes its better than Rovers and Swindle etc but we should be selling 950 tickets in one day let alone not selling them at all.

How we can take so many up to Barnsley and not sell 950 for Hartlepool is beyond me....come on lads nuff excuses get down the gate, get a ticket and get yourself on the m5 northbound.

See you there.

Another Bridgy Red

I'm majorly put off by an 11hour round trip on the coach too! Plus I have just spent out 275 quid on a new season ticket and ain't exactly rolling in it. If it was one leg then I reckon we'd of sold out in a couple of hours, it's the fact that yuo're only actually missing half of the game and there is the main event down here at ashton gate.

Guest Lamb
Us exiles do get a raw deal from the club.
I was just wondering how the exiles are getting a raw deal from the club, surely you are being treated exactly the same as those of us still lucky enough to live in Bristol.

How would you have prefered things to be done?

Lamb

I make no excuses, simply can't be arsed.

If anybody thinks that makes me a lesser fan, then i'll just have to try and live with it :Sleep12: .

I had the option of an 11 hour round trip or spending the day with my children and having my folks around for some beer and food whilst watching the game.

I took the 2nd option.

Couldn't care a less if we sell our allocation or not personally. I expect our highly paid professional sportsman to do their job with our without my vocal support.

However, just for the people who think this is not the required level of commitment, I promise to throw some red balloons around my lounge for the duration of the game :rolleyes:

And if anybody wants to question my commitment, i'll be the one in the park early morning on the day the tickets go on sell at the Millennium, trying to ensure all forum members who want to sit together are covered by a season ticket book (after pre-arranging whatever I can with the club).

I was just wondering how the exiles are getting a raw deal from the club, surely you are being treated exactly the same as those of us still lucky enough to live in Bristol.

How would you have prefered things to be done?

Lamb

As has been well documented on other threads it is down to 2 simple problems.

We cannot simply drive down to the Gate to purchase tickets, relying instead on internet and telephone purchases, therefore we cannot show vouchers. These tickets were offered to Season Ticket holders first.

Additionally the postal service cannot be relied upon to get the tickets to us in time, therefore for such a game as this it could mean not receiving our tickets in time to go to the game. Twice this season I have not received tickets and had to beg at the away ground to get in.

Guest dez_gimred

fair enough to those who cant afford to go to the game!

but its quite pathetic and embarrassing that we cant sell a 900+ ticket allocation to a play off game!

''its too far'', would you not travel if city were in the champions league?

its a shame especially as most thought 900 was a joke, and wanted much more and now we cant sell them all!

:rolleyes:

Guest Lamb

While I feel sorry that you can't just drive to the ground, exiles can't be the only group who are "getting a raw deal". What about those who can't drive, those who work stupid shifts, those with no internet acccess, are ALL these people getting a hard time from the club?

As for the postal service I agree its not up to the standards it should be, maybe the solution for exiles would be if the club offered a special delivery type service on tickets for an extra charge, for those fans wishing to take it up. Any one else be up for that?

I think it would be very embarrasing for us if we didn't take the full 1000 to Hartlepool.

I wouldn't doubt the support of anyone not going- people have different reasons, priorities etc- BUT I still think it will be very unfortunate if we didn't take the 950 odd.

I know it's a long way, and on Sky, but it's not a large allocation to sell, it is a VERY important game.

I also think the 6:00pm kick off has made it far more difficult for people.

BUT as I said- a club our size should sell this allocation EASILY. Whether true or not H'pool fans were talking of selling their 1,500 easily for Wednesday night- and that is a tiny club AND on a Tuesday night.

COME on. People CAN get there, CAN get back and CAN show a great support for City at the same time.

Percy....

You've confused me (not hard, I know).

Do we have 1000 tickets or 950+ for the game??

And what day is the game on?? As it appears Hartlepool fans could be here a day early!!

We really will get outsung if that is the case :P

Archived