IGNORED

Away Tickets Still Avaliable

BridgyRed

Guest WillsbridgeRed

It never fails to amazes me how many fans we have that are so quick to berate their fellow supporters.

An fact amazes isn't the word - Saddens is more like it :rolleyes:

Dead Simple.

As I have posted

1.The club made the tickets far to difficult to get hold of.

2.Fans lost hope/couldn't be bothered/made alternative arrangements.

And now, as predicted......we can't shift 'em.

As I said, we should have

1.Put 200 on the Intranet.

2.Sold to personal callers

3.Took phone bookings.

4.Given Season Ticket Holders until Tue lunchtime.

They would have gone by now.

Hit the nail on the head. Announcement was made that 100 was left on Monday. Cant remember where, but may of been on Teletext so i thought, i aint getting 5 buses to get from School to the Gate to My House. Wasnt worth the risk, now they are lumbered with a load.

Big Club ? Great Supporters ? Sleeping Giant ?

No, none of the above. This is the biggest game for twelve months, sure, we roll out the same old "excuses", too far, can't afford it etc. etc. etc. If you want to do something badly enough, we do it. Deep down we all know we should be there.

Fact is, for a 14 year old who spent all his money going to away games over the season, plus renewing my season ticket, and paying off family for lending me money, it's just impossible for me to get 40/45 quid, and not being old enough to drive and no one able to pick me up from the AG at around 3 in the morning, it's a long walk.

I was thinking of ways to get money, but when I found out it's to be on sky i'm not going to miss it, but I'll still be gutted at not being there when they run out of the tunnel saturday evening.

Guest Yate_red

Surely if you cant afford a £50-£100 day out then you cant be classed as part time, i have been to very few away games this season due to family reasons, I am going to the game on saturday because of a rainy day cash stash.

Flight = £88

Hotel = £25

Ticket = £15

Beer Money £ ?????

If i didnt have the money, i would be in my local watching it.

Its simple, Skint Football supporter in whats turning out to be an expensive game to watch does not = PART TIME SUPPORTER.

Not having a go at any individuals but I think it's time we dropped this "big club, sleeping giant" tag if we can't sell 900 tickets for a play off semi final.

Obviously any fan that dedicates time to come on this forum an air their views and passion about City is no part time fan. However a huge section of the fans that will make up the 40 or so thousand at Cardiff probably havent been to a game since the millenium last season and before that Stoke at Wembley. These are part time fans.

Guest Yate_red

i agree with that 100%.

Its for sure the thousands that flock from around bristol when were doing well.

19000 at Blackpool last week.

Heaven forbid but if we dont go up Blackpool home 4 weeks in at the start of next season 12000.

Think what you want. The fact is that not being able to sell 900 tickets for a play-off semi final is a disgrace.

P.S. I wasnt calling everyone who is'nt going a part timer, i was saying that we had a lot at Barnsley.

TELL ME I'M WRONG

Let me put this over another way.

Those of us that watch City whenever we can are not part timers. That includes all of those that cant make every game due to work, money, family and a hundred different resons.

Now, what i said was. THERE WERE PART TIME FANS AT BARNSLEY.

I know that for a fact. I had ONE in my car. it was his first GAME of the season. I saw other people i know up there and i know that it was maybe not their first game but no more than their third.

Now even watching one or three games a season does'nt make you a part timer but it does if its your first for no other reson than "i couldnt be bothered this seasonl"

Thats what i meant, nothing more, nothing less.

Percy....

You've confused me (not hard, I know).

Do we have 1000 tickets or 950+ for the game??

And what day is the game on?? As it appears Hartlepool fans could be here a day early!!

We really will get outsung if that is the case :P

he he. No I am being stupid.

I believe our allocation is around 950- but near enough 1000

and I keep saying Tuesday night out of habit. Durrr...

I was mildly surprised only 660 of us went to Hartlepool earlier this season. Hartlepool was one of my 'must see' away games this term as we hadn't played them for years and it's a ground I'd never visited. And a very enjoyable day it was too, far better than Sheff Wed or Swindon for example.

So I have to say I'm astonished the tickets haven't been snapped up for the away leg. I went down the Gate at 7.30 Monday to make sure of getting one as I felt sure they would sell out quickly.

I can understand some people can't afford it or whatever - I certainly can't give up the time and money to go to every away game - but I am staggered that so relatively few have bought tickets to date for what is the most crucial of games.

As for being a 'big club' - I don't think any reasonable City fans have claimed that for years have they? But even so, you don't have to be a big club to sell 959 tickets for a play off semi, wherever it is :rolleyes:

What a absolute joke call ourselves a big club.

We have not even asold 950 tickets for the away leg.

Swindon,Brighton would have sold out, and even Hatlepool have nearly sold there 1500 for our night game.

COMON GET THEM TICKETS AND GEY YOUR ARSES UP THERE JUST OVER 4 HOURS I RECKON.

Sheffield I can do in 2.5 hours so another 1.5 hours should be easy.

In truth, for me, it is something to do with not being the deciding game.

If we were home first, I would have my away ticket purchased as I would HAVE to be at Hartlepool. I couldn't sit in front of the t.v. or listen on radio when our fate is being decided; would have to be there live (can't explain why).

As it is, the home game for me is the "not to be missed" game and I am quite happy with spending the day with my family.

Just the way I am!

Cannot believe we have not sold 950 ticket for away leg.

Swindon,Brighton would have sold easily.

4 hours you can do it in it takes 2.5 hours to sheffield and another 1.5 hours to Hartlepool.

Big club when it suits us we should be ashamed of ourselves.

If you aint gota a ticket get down to AG and buy one approx 300 left.

WE MUST KEEP BELIEVING

4 hours you can do it in it takes 2.5 hours to sheffield and another 1.5 hours to Hartlepool.

WE MUST KEEP BELIEVING

its a long way and will cost a fortune in travel - we cannot all afford such luxuries

Guest Red_Rat

WE MUST KEEP BELIEVING

Mate, i'll think your find after talking to my geography teacher it's almost 250miles away. It take 3-3 1/2 hours to get to Manchester and another 2/3 hours getting to Hartlepool. Plus services thats anoter 20minutes all so. The CATS will go to Birmingham then travel around it to manchester then to Hartlepool. I mean its right by Newcastle-On-Tyne for christ shake! So anything up to 7hours on coach. Or something like that, not sure about the places but it did involve Sheffield! Well i know it's up to 7 hours!

Red_Rat.

Dosen't suprise me at all it hasn't sold out!

It's well over 4 hours, it's only half time at the end of the day, if it was the second leg I expect it'd be different, sorry but when it's on Sky you can say loads of money, although I'd love to go, my old man is working and I ain't going my train or CATS.

Guest Cyprus_Red

yeh but it will be terrible if we dont sell out! imagine if you were a player and coming out to empty seats in 1 of the biggest games of the season.

oh well i'll be there hope another 958 will join me!

yeh but it will be terrible if we dont sell out! imagine if you were a player and coming out to empty seats in 1 of the biggest games of the season.

oh well i'll be there hope another 958 will join me!

it's a very small ground (7,500), so even 800 will seem like a lot. :grr:

Archived