IGNORED

Did I Hear Correct

Esmond Million's Bung

hes needs to work on those dam crosses

hmm yes as soon as he got that first cross in within first few minutes had a feeling thats the best his crosses would get, although low quick crosses can be deadly but he needs to cut inside more so this cross isn't so far away or cross from right at the deadball line. I don't think he played awful but didn't try and get passed his marker even if he wasn't that slow although his insurgent runs when cutting inside were quite dangerous. Think I'd give Fonts/Hartely man of the match.

And for me.

Thought he was outstanding given the conditions, and unlucky not to score. If the others had the same fight and desire to win we wouldn't be the lack-lustre outfit we seem to have become.

Thing is I'm not sure it's about the fight and desire but purely a players confidence , carey always has that confidence to run half of the pitch! and other run on confidence I still few quite a few are low on confidence of late.

Thing is I'm not sure it's about the fight and desire but purely a players confidence , carey always has that confidence to run half of the pitch! and others run on confidence I still few quite a few are low on confidence of late.

I agree, we are low on confidence and often short on ideas as well. Several players seem affected by it. In our build up play we seem to be waiting for something to happen rather than trying to make it happen. Hopefully getting a late equalizer rather than conceding one will give us a lift that we can carry into the PNE game. :fingerscrossed:

Guest bigcheese

Haynes tried but his marker (McNaughton?) did a very effective job on him.

Yes, sad to say that McNaughton did well and not on his right side... I know the weather was against

the odds but Haynes can be dangerous down there but wasn't so great apart from the odd time.....

Also, Makes you think about our defenders just a little perhaps...???

Carey and Fontaine were our best players by a mile and they each had to carry their full backs too. Orr played as poorly as I have seen in a long time and McAllister, yet again, was a liability and seems to be playing worse by the game. GJ really needs to go out and get some competition for his place. Anyone notice how Dave Jones was not afraid to chuck in Adam Matthews and give the young boy Wildig a debut? Blooding teenagers from the Academy like that won't happen at Ashton Gate whilst Gary Johnson is in charge. Gerken was at fault with the goal and should have put the ball into touch - good finish by Chopra though.

I thought the first half was OK and the second half looked bereft of any quality - the conditions didn't help although Cardiff were still able to pass the ball better than us. The one thing that stands out for me is the quality of our crossing - it is worse than Sunday Pub standard and that is no exageration whatsoever. I have never seen a professional football team in any league cross a football as badly as we do (with the exception of Hartley's dead ball deliveries which do not deserve to be lumped in with the rest of the dross).

To be fair to Haynes he did run his socks off all game. The problem is that he has absolutely no end product and I think don't really think its acceptable. It really annoys me that many people criticise GJ for putting together teams that work hard but don't have the creative spark and then applaud a player who runs fast and harries defenders but if we were still playing now he wouldn't have out over a decent cross. MoM for me was either Fontaine, Skuse (for his second half) or Hartley. I also thought Clarkson played well from the left hand side and was a bit dissapointed when he got subbed at HT

Obviously lots of different views on who was or who should have been MOM.

Let's not forget that choice is decided by text vote from fans.

So rather than criticise, if you feel strongly that a player should be MOM why not vote for him?

Only costs something like 50p, you don't even have to be at the game and all profits go to Atyeo statue.

Details of how to vote can be found in the link below.

http://www.bristolcityst.org.uk/trust_news/article000565.shtml

If you don't vote then you will end up with debates like this but thanks any way to all those who do take the trouble to vote.

Archived