IGNORED

Clarkson

SuperRed

• Admin

Obviously not very long but I should be able to remember back to Cole and or Dziekanowski! oh well!

I reckon there are plenty more pros than cons to GJ's reign so far, but for whatever reason, he hasn't be able to either, bring the right strikers in or, if they have been the right strikers, get the service to them. I think I favour the latter, Trundle had an enviable record, I'm sure I read that Saborio's record was 1 goal every 2 games before joining us.

If GJ can get them the service, he will cure both current ills - lack of goals and with that sorted, we shoiuld see the return of entertainment. The Summer will be a big test for GJ and his scouting network, last summers signings, along with the players already here, have been widely touted as our strongest squad for a long time, I'm not so sure. Any new faces next summer transfer window will need to be significantly better than we have or be as good, but gel and blend better than the current squad seem to.

who signed him?

Never miss an opportunity do you?

The person who signed him is the best manager we have had at Ashton Gate since Alan Dicks. Do you remember Alan Dicks? No doubt you were the main instigator of the "Dicks out" chant.

Only fools like you will drive him away to the detrement of the football club I love.

Still not changed the name I see... shame on you!

City Striker being written off after 6 months? now theres a first!

Nicky Maynard was slated last season after only 6 months and come to the 2nd half of the season, his game started to improve....

I said this season he will get to 20. Looks like I'm going to be right.... not gloating, it was obvious! to me it was anyway.

Give Clarkson a chance - he's come from scottish football and he seems off the pace - he's not played much, but I'm sure he'll come good. he looks a real clever player.

Clarkson: League goal average 0.21 per game. Less than 1 in 4

Trundle: League goal average 0.38 per game. Better than 1 in 3

The stats say Trundle is better.

When trundle first came here - he had a long run in the side

Clarkson has not had that yet. and he's only been here 6 months...

Also Clarkson is not going to be a goalscorer - he will get goals of course - but he looks like he'll make lots of goals for others - a teddy sheringham type forward.

Clarkson: League goal average 0.21 per game. Less than 1 in 4

Trundle: League goal average 0.38 per game. Better than 1 in 3

The stats say Trundle is better.

Also Clarkson is not going to be a goalscorer - he will get goals of course - but he looks like he'll make lots of goals for others - a teddy sheringham type forward.

• Admin

As an aside, Saborio's record of 0.52 goals per game is on a par with Shearer, Owen (at his peak) and Andy Cole, yet he also cannot replicate that form with us.

As an aside, Saborio's record of 0.52 goals per game is on a par with Shearer, Owen (at his peak) and Andy Cole, yet he also cannot replicate that form with us.

When strikers come here who have good records at other clubs (Saborio, Clarkson, John, Trundle) etc then I do wonder why they can't replicate that sort of form here. Only Maynard has managed it and a lot of his goals are long range- maybe we just aren't creating enough good chances for them. And I know they have all missed sitters but I reckon other teams create a lot more decent chances than us.

I have seen him a few times. He has a reasonable touch, no pace, looks like he might be better working alongside a striker who can hold the ball. Had we got him cheaply he might be OK, but I have seen nothing to suggest that he looks anything other than a complete and utter waste of money at £800K.

As for Saborio, I also think he needs a striker who can hold the ball up alongside him, and maybe a bit of service from the flanks (Look it up in your dictionary). As with midfield, we lack balance.

A typical Johnson striker signing - not fit for purpose.I think Dele Adebola was one of the few strikers he signed that actually had an impact at once.Every other striker has to be given month's or years to begin to offer the team anything if at all.How much longer will this be allowed to go on.

Every other striker has to be given month's or years to begin to offer the team anything if at all.

No, I think people spend 12 Months making excuses and kidding themselves that Johnson has unearthed a gem of a striker. I think that reality is kicking in and the awful buys are being sussed much quicker.

While I'm a GJ supporter, his big buys just don't cut the mustard with me.

I remember expressing concerns about Trunds in his early days when Swampsea fans advised he ain't quick, can't head, not a poacher or a presence but scores wonder goals. Sorry, a striker at Championship levels needs to tick at least 3 of the boxes.

Maynard and Akinde seem to offer the best 'package' but, heck, if I was SL I'd be asking some serious questions (which I think he's doing!)

Nice to see Reading with power, determination and courage roll over the Premier League ponces tonight.

Archived