IGNORED

Is This The Answer.....

chipdawg

Hmm, wait a minute, isnt Ribs vapable of playing across the whole back line, and what IS his best position? Hate to quote from Football manager, but it suggest Ribs plays centre half and leftback, but i get the impressions hes rightback, surely FM2010 cant be wrong...james? snack.gif

I believe his natural position is RB, but he can play in central defence as well. Not sure about LB but I doubt it as that really would be versatile!

In that time we switched to a 4-3-1-2 I believe Noble played on the right of midfield every game.

We didn't. Noble played on the right of a 442 a couple of times. We didn't play 4312 all season, there was always someone in front of Orr and when there is he looks twice the player he does at the moment.

We didn't. Noble played on the right of a 442 a couple of times. We didn't play 4312 all season, there was always someone in front of Orr and when there is he looks twice the player he does at the moment.

At the time I made this image:

tactics_2.jpg

In retrospect I would put Elliott behind Carle, but if it's not a 4-3-1-2 then my point still stands; Noble never played wide right and allowed Orr to bomb forward, which he did to great effect.

Noble did play wide right. He wasn't a conventional winger sprinting past full backs but he did stay by the touchline. He was in front of Orr and that is what allowed Orr to get forward - the overlap. Orr's never bombed forward on his own and doesn't beat people either. It is the very lack of someone in front of Orr that exposes his weak passing and limits his ability to get forward not the reverse as you suggest. That's why he isn't a wing back....

Besides, this was perhaps three games at the end of the season that Noble played where he wasn't in the hole behind the strikers in front of a four man midfield.

I really would put Nygtanga or fonts and really want to see ribs come on off the bench at least I think he would maybe come on if not for Sproule who has pace too although maybe he is being groomed into central defense as said previously on this thread. Though as hard as Orr does work it does frustrate me how much he always shouts at his own team/opposition or ref.

GJ does not see Ribs as a centre back he already has James Wilson. Ribs is only being considered as either RB or Wing back. With Orr being one of our key ever present players, chances of getting off the bench at City are very unlikely. Assume if he is not required to actually play over the coming backlog of fixtures, he will go back out on loan and carry on his development elsewhere.

Archived