IGNORED

Gary Hooper Scunthorpe

WarksRed

Bristol City have quelled reports they have tabled a bid for S****horpe striker Gary Hooper.

City boss has rubbished the connection, insisting he would never discuss the club's targets in public.

"We are not in the market for Gary Hooper and we never have been," he told the Bristol Post.

"To suggest otherwise is plain wrong.

"I don't know where this story has come from, because we have not even made an enquiry for the player, much less followed it up with a firm offer.

"I can say without a shadow of a doubt that Gary Hooper will not be joining Bristol City."

Bristol City have quelled reports they have tabled a bid for S****horpe striker Gary Hooper.

City boss has rubbished the connection, insisting he would never discuss the club's targets in public.

"We are not in the market for Gary Hooper and we never have been," he told the Bristol Post.

"I don't know where this story has come from, because we have not even made an enquiry for the player, much less followed it up with a firm offer.

"I can say without a shadow of a doubt that Gary Hooper will not be joining Bristol City."

Thank god for that.

For the a millionth time we need a winger!! As others have said, why bring in a striker when we have no decent wide man to deliver the ammunition.

If Johnson opts to buy a striker instead of winger this window i will be gob smacked.

This rumour has now hit Sky Sports - is it just a slow media day or is there something really in this which we didn't want getting out before the deal was done?

Looks to me like we never showed an interest in him,

A bit of subterfuge I reckon, no doubt agents are swarming over GJ with DVD's of the next Ronaldo or whatever, and maybe he's interested in one of two, if the price is right.

A lot of money your talking, no matter if your SL or not, playing off clubs and players is just part of football transfer windows, 1 month to blow a million or 9, not a decision I would take lightly, any monnies saved by playing hard ball and using the media is legitimate imo.

Hi there

Just wondered if you had heard any gossip around your neck of the woods about your lot signing Gary Hooper from Scunny? A scunny fan who has pretty good contacts has just said that Hoops is due to sign for you before the weekend is out for £1.5million. Hope he is wrong, although I wouldn't be too surprised if he goes before the end of the month. We sat with his parents at Derby last weekend and although his mum was as chirpy as ever, his dad didn't seem quite as friendly as normal, so maybe there was something he didn't want to risk being mentioned?

Karen

-

From a Scunny fan that is in the know....

Hi there

Just wondered if you had heard any gossip around your neck of the woods about your lot signing Gary Hooper from Scunny? A scunny fan who has pretty good contacts has just said that Hoops is due to sign for you before the weekend is out for £1.5million. Hope he is wrong, although I wouldn't be too surprised if he goes before the end of the month. We sat with his parents at Derby last weekend and although his mum was as chirpy as ever, his dad didn't seem quite as friendly as normal, so maybe there was something he didn't want to risk being mentioned?

Karen

-

From a Scunny fan that is in the know....

Archived