IGNORED

Absolutely No Doubt

Super Scotty Murray

After all the tinkering with formations, wing backs, 4-3-3, players playing out of position etc. today has clearly shown that 4-4-2 is the way forward.

All the players are comfortable in their positions, know what their role is and can play with good shape and width.

Why is it that it has taken Gary 25 games to give McAllister a go on the left side of midfield when he has played there for Hearts before?

Overall, a great performance today, Hartley and Skuse complement themselves perfectly in centre midfield and Sproule played his best game for a long long time.

After all the tinkering with formations, wing backs, 4-3-3, players playing out of position etc. today has clearly shown that 4-4-2 is the way forward.

All the players are comfortable in their positions, know what their role is and can play with good shape and width.

Why is it that it has taken Gary 25 games to give McAllister a go on the left side of midfield when he has played there for Hearts before?

Overall, a great performance today, Hartley and Skuse complement themselves perfectly in centre midfield and Sproule played his best game for a long long time.

One of the major differences today was.............I also enjoyed the game!

I loved getting up out my seat when Sproule made those pentrating runs into the box. As we were singing the the Atyeo.........."City are back, City are back wooah"

yeh i do agree, thought we did well today, we did look a bit nervous up till half time when they got one back but thought we dominated the second half. I dont agree re Jamie Mac, he is not a wide player and there was a number of times Lewin was in front of him! I just feel we need somone with a bit of pace and willing to take people on, jamie did not do that in my opinion. Hartley class again but i what i have noticed is that when we scored all four goals he did not join in with the team in celebration as when we scored our last home goals against watford, i just hope that all is well in the ddressing roomand we carry this forward.

I would like Sproule to be shown a video of all of Murrays goals as I think once he gets in the box he panics sometimes and I would liek to see him knock it forward more to run onto as he is faster without the ball at his feet but today was a good start and hope to see even more from him.

Total agree. However, judging by GJ's comments after the game, we were able to play 4-4-2 'cos they did. So, reading between the lines, when a team plays with 5 in midfield, we will will as well. I guess 'cos he thinks we will be overrun in midfield. I'd prefer us to play our game, let them worry bout our wide players, and let them change there formation.

So, we could be be back to keeping it tight, very soon!

I would like Sproule to be shown a video of all of Murrays goals as I think once he gets in the box he panics sometimes and I would liek to see him knock it forward more to run onto as he is faster without the ball at his feet but today was a good start and hope to see even more from him.

Good suggestion. There are definate similarlties between them. I can remember Murrays early days at City when he wasn't very condfident in front of goal and would often cross or pass when in great goal scoring positions himself. At some point he realised or was told to be more selfish and after that he became something of a goal machine.

My most vivid memories of him are him running onto a through balls between full and central defender from wide and slotting home from tightish angles. Hartley, Skuse and Sno are capable of seeing those passes as Tinnion used to. What an asset Sproule would be if he could cultivate better composure.

Sproule was very direct yesterday and the porky Callum Davidson just couldn't live his pace and if Sproule maintains his confidence there aren't many full backs in the CCC who could live with him.

No defenders feel comfortable against real pace and imo there is an arguement to relieve Sproule of his defensive responsibilities and just leave him ahead of the play with instructions to cause as much havoc as he can.

Hartley class again but i what i have noticed is that when we scored all four goals he did not join in with the team in celebration as when we scored our last home goals against watford, i just hope that all is well in the ddressing roomand we carry this forward.

Think he's just too knackered to go over there. He wasn't on the pitch for the fourth, both of the first and third goals he created with excellent long balls from the opposite side of the pitch. Judging by his celebration he wasn't too modest about his cross for Carey's goal. I imagine the reason he might not celebrate enthusiastically is because he has very high standards. Beating a poor Preston side at home is good but more of a job done than anything else.

When we beat Newcastle and WBA at home im sure he will be a little happier then!!

Archived