IGNORED

Cardiff Cup/league Games

Nogbad the Bad

GJ may decide to rest/rotate players over the next 10 days but which of the 2 Cardiff games should he see as the most important in terms of the rest of our season?

Although the Cup replay will be very tough we have, with Leicester a home to follow, a real chance of a genuine Cup run.

Should we rest players on Tuesday - Haynes, Hartley and Skuse all seemed to pick up knocks yesterday - or should we go all out to progress in the Cup and play our best available 11 in the two Cup games even if that means we may end up without key players for the vital Cardiff League fixture next week?

Glamour, nationwide publicity, money and feelgood factor (as well as a potential jackpot fixture or two) of remaining in the Cup, or prioritise resources for the League campaign and maximise possibility of the play-offs?

Losing to Cardiff at home in the League would be a huge setback to our play-off bid but there again it's far too long time since we had a decent Cup run.

It's a tough one - I would play our best available team in every game and let the next game take care of itself, but the risk is that you then progress in the Cup (or not!) but go into the Cardiff league clash without several key players. That could be our 5th game in 15 days, with the away match at Middlesboro' just 4 days later.

Cup or League - I wonder how GJ sees it?

Surely the players would have had a pretty decent rest with the games called off over the past weeks? Can't see wholesale rotation being needed yet. And as has been said, the chance of a cup run and maybe drawing a big team would surely interest SL.

I'm sure SL would welcome a big draw as would the fans of course.

Hopefully GJ will see the Cup as a welcome distraction and potentially a massive boost to a mediocre season.

If we can get past a difficult hurdle at Cardiff then Leicester really should be beatable at home.

Then we'd just be one further win away from the last 8.

Strongest team possible for the Cup and worry about the Cardiff League game later.

Or better still, if we've already beaten them this week, let them worry about us.yes.gifcity.gif

The League has to be the priority (sorry for the cliche!).

I think that both Skuse (because he's running around like a possessed person) and Hartley (because he's, errr, a little older) need resting soon. I'd also rest Maynard as he's looking a but jaded and I think he may have played every game so far (including League Cup game?).

Therefore, I'd pick Clarkson instead of Maynard tomorrow and have Sno for Skuse. Friday winner_third_h4h.gif, I'd play Skuse and Sno in the middle(ie drop Hartley). For the Cardiff league game I'd go back to Saturday's formation (which I think was our strongest).

Its a tough call. The Cup can bring in much needed revenue. Winning breeds confidence in the squad but for me the league is the be all and end all.

I suspect that Sno will replace Hartly tomorrow night. Hartly mentioned using the squad in his World interview especially with so many games in such a short time.

If Elliot is fit we may see him along side Sno with Skuuuuuse getting a derserved rest. I expect Sproule is raring to go after his performace on saturday and Maynard will start. If Haynes is injured Clarkson or Saborio alonside NM.

The interesting question for me is whether Johnson will go with 4-4-2 again.

Its a tough call. The Cup can bring in much needed revenue. Winning breeds confidence in the squad but for me the league is the be all and end all.

I suspect that Sno will replace Hartly tomorrow night. Hartly mentioned using the squad in his World interview especially with so many games in such a short time.

If Elliot is fit we may see him along side Sno with Skuuuuuse getting a derserved rest. I expect Sproule is raring to go after his performace on saturday and Maynard will start. If Haynes is injured Clarkson or Saborio alonside NM.

The interesting question for me is whether Johnson will go with 4-4-2 again.

The answer is he must - it would be criminal not to.

I agree you should play best team available but we could possibly be playing four games in ten days which is hard to ask a player to do at championship level.

SIX hours work in ten days? Tough life eh?

I'm sure there are members on the forum who may exceed SIXTY+ hours work in those same ten days, without all the recuperation facilities being available to them.

I can remember when the great Liverpool side of the seventies and early eighties would win all before them with a squad of what seemed about 14 or 15 players.

The league and getting into the play-offs in the long run is the most important thing so a win at AG a week tuesday would be my priority, obviously doing them in the cup would be an added bonus, but tbh i couldnt care less about the FA cup,never thought id say that but its the truth...

Archived