IGNORED

Love It When Away Fans Do This...

Martyn Hocking

Quote from Preston NE fan on BBC 606 website:

City played really well and we just couldnt handle their pace and movement.

Our strikers were far too static and the movement was no existant which then made our forward play very predictable.

Their strikers were making runs left right and center causing havoc in our defence creating space for midfield runners. I just wish we had strikers that were willing and able to do the same.

Their left/right winger Ivan Sproule gave Davidson a torrid afternoon, he was like road runner and highlighted for me the left back is a key area of improvement.

They also dominated the center midfield area which often left Carter and Chaplow chasing shadows.

I cant believe how unfit and sluggish our team looked yesterday also.

Quote from Preston NE fan on BBC 606 website:

City played really well and we just couldnt handle their pace and movement.

Our strikers were far too static and the movement was no existant which then made our forward play very predictable.

Their strikers were making runs left right and center causing havoc in our defence creating space for midfield runners. I just wish we had strikers that were willing and able to do the same.

Their left/right winger Ivan Sproule gave Davidson a torrid afternoon, he was like road runner and highlighted for me the left back is a key area of improvement.

They also dominated the center midfield area which often left Carter and Chaplow chasing shadows.

I cant believe how unfit and sluggish our team looked yesterday also.

Nice to hear, but interesting that he sees left back as a weak area for PNE.

We need to see consistency from Ivan, and as well as much improved crossing & shooting, that's going to mean him being capable of giving the runaround to much sharper full backs than the rotund Davidson.

Starting tonight hopefully - let's see whether he can give McNaughton a similarly "torrid" time.

Starting tonight hopefully - let's see whether he can give McNaughton a similarly "torrid" time.

Haynes didn't get much change out of McNaughton at AG last week. Only got past him once if I remember correctly and that was early in the game. McNaughton will be a far greater test than Porky Davidson was.

Should be a good battle if Sproule gets a start.

No chance as we have now signed Campbell ryce

not sure i agree, mate. the idea could be to play JCR on the left and IS on the right, since i dont think GJ is planning to use jamie mac as long term left winger. i dont thing this signals a permanent return to 442, either, but it gives us the option. plus a 433 looks a lot nicer now, with 2 wingers who can play on both sides and give width, swap wings and support the strikers. 14 goals in 100 games for barnsley aint bad (we've had strikers who were worse!) so he could be worth a goal or too, as well.

That could be exciting

I couldn't agree more mate,we may end up with a tilt at the play-offs after all,with this kind of balance we should be fairly potent as an attacking threat and IMO perhaps a new centre half may just shore us up a bit and then we have the makings of a very good side.

Don't write GJ off just yet

Archived