IGNORED

Bristol Or Wales

ralphindevon

This current run of fixtures against Cardiff and all the threads that have gone with it has got me thinking, who are our most hated rivals.

My wife and I lived in Bristol for many years and as West country people Bristol is OUR city, she is a Stoke City fan (through her father) but likes City to do well so I'm in a good mood but also backs Rovers when they play certain teams, mainly Swansea and Cardiff.

She always asks the question, Surely you would back a team from your own City, supported by fans from your own city that contain work mates, friends and even relatives against a team of sheepshearers from a different country. She has witnessed the anti English abuse you get watching games against Welsh teams.

I must admit now I don't live in Bristol and don't have Sag workmates to answer to, I agree, I would prefer both to lose but that's not possible so who would you go for Rovers or Cardiff?

im at uni over in cardiff and i hate em. baadiff i hate much more than rovers. they are welsh and hate us, which is one more step than the gas, who are english and hate us.

to be hounest, got no real problem with swansea. they hate rovers and cardiff, just like us, and i think our fans see eye to eye on a few instances. plus they have these gert big union jacks in the liberty stadium, showing they are proud to be british, unlike cardiff, who at the last derby sang to swansea: 'what the ******* hell is that' to the union flag, plus told em to 'stick your royal family up your arse'.

gimme swansea any day over baadiff.

and give me baadiff to lose any day over the sags, as much as we all hate em both.

I hate cardiff so much i've started to like swansea more and more

Swansea hate Rovers like we hate Cardiff (I've read) and let's face it If Rovers or Cardiff had beaten us 7-1 we would have heard alot more about it by now

in answer to your question ... Cardiff edge it but I didn't care when they played each other in the cup

When I think of Cardiff I throw up a little bit of sick. Just hate them, call it irrational if you like, I don't know any of the fans personally, nor would I want to cheers.

Don't have a problem with the Welsh in general, as above people have said I don't harbour any hatred for Swansea, we have a common goal, the destruction of Cardiff.

The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

Next on my hate list is the Gas, followed by Palarse and Swindle.

What about teams we like? For me, in no particular order.

1. Barnsley

2. Doncaster

3. Preston

4. Yeovil

Seem to have good fans, I think we as a club have a good relationship with them

im at uni over in cardiff and i hate em. baadiff i hate much more than rovers. they are welsh and hate us, which is one more step than the gas, who are english and hate us.

to be hounest, got no real problem with swansea. they hate rovers and cardiff, just like us, and i think our fans see eye to eye on a few instances. plus they have these gert big union jacks in the liberty stadium, showing they are proud to be british, unlike cardiff, who at the last derby sang to swansea: 'what the ******* hell is that' to the union flag, plus told em to 'stick your royal family up your arse'.

and give me baadiff to lose any day over the sags, as much as we all hate em both.

I think all this English/Welsh stuff is overplayed. I know several Cardiff and several Swansea fans and the Jacks are much more proud Welsh than the Cardiff lads. In fact the Cardiff lads I know are more English than they are Welsh.

All the proud Welsh Cardiff are from the Valleys, not the city where most of them barely have a Welsh accent. Also consider that there's a fair number of City fans that have Welsh blood in them.

I just think it's overplayed a bit, but it's good to have a fierce rivalry and I do ****ing hate Cardiff

Interesting. I went to Uni and worked in Cardiff for four years and not once did I ever experience anything bordering on the Welsh 'hating' the English. Sure, you have a minority of morons that might 'hate' England but the vast majority of Cardiff fans and Welsh people were happy to banter about football.

As for Cardiff fans singing anti-English songs, are we really in a position to judge them negatively when we have a song about farmers from Bristol killing 'sheep shaggers?'

Its all banter for 95% of fans, there really isn't much hatred apart from a select few that can't see the difference between rivalry and banter instead of hatred and fighting

So for those of you that claim you hate Cardiff more than Rovers, would it therefore have been easier to stomach if it was them that knocked us out the cup instead of Cardiff the other day??

Personally, Cardiff make my gut churn but the gas make me physically sick. Theres no comparison for me. I feel a million times worse losing to the Sags than to Cardiff.

What about teams we like? For me, in no particular order.

1. Barnsley

2. Doncaster

3. Preston

4. Yeovil

Seem to have good fans, I think we as a club have a good relationship with them

Yeovil are a funny one, some of their fans despise city, others love us

my top one outside of city are Blackpool, even with Hollowhead i can't dislike them, then it's West Brom and Preston

My mate was telling me that in Italy there are friendships between clubs and fans will travel to another teams game with half their's and half their 'friend's' team flags sewn together!

Anti English songs from a Welsh team? Shocking!!! Because we never chant anti Welsh songs as we are such angels.

I've been to uni in Cardiff and have lived in Caerphilly 5 years and i know a few cardiff fans and we have banter not hatred, some of you take this hatred thing waaay too far, it is only a game after all. For the record I'd rather see Rovers lose.

Archived