IGNORED

Johnson Say's Bounce Around The Ground!

Freemantle 27

Last season and especially the season before i absolutly loved singing, "Johnson says, Bounce around the ground"... but recently whenever we score we start singing, "East end, East end, Bounce around". When the song then goes around to the dolman, then atyeo and williams a few people start booing them if they don't stand up and bounce. The reason they don't isn't because their boring (well for a few it might be), but most of the time they are either singing their own songs or sometimes if we don't sing loud enough especially for the Atyeo they just can't hear us from that far away.

It beyond me to explain why we sing a song where aprrox. a quarter of the fans sing at one time when we have a fantastic song ready to unleashed.

Lastly i remember when people first found out Doncaster were singing, "O'driscoll says Bounce Around the Ground" it really hacked people off including me... so why are we not singing our song anymore. And before anyone says we sang it when we played Preston thats only because started it :tounge:

Anyway i would like to know what you guys think...

I think your right we only really seem to get it going once we score. However if you were at Cardiff (F.A cup, away) it seemed to be sang more and a lot were bouncing. I think we need to bring it back on a regular basis because it not only looks fantastic, but it gets the other stands going as well.

i think its an awful song and am glad to see its in decline.

Its probably a lot of fun if your 10 years or under, but looks really awful when grown men start singing and doing a silly jig to it.

Always believe on the other hand was a good anthem and seemed to carry us through to the play off final, would like us to put a good run together to hear more of that

Its probably a lot of fun if your 10 years or under, but looks really awful when grown men start singing and doing a silly jig to it.

Always believe on the other hand was a good anthem and seemed to carry us through to the play off final, would like us to put a good run together to hear more of that

So you don't think it was a fantastic advert for our football club when the Reading fans saw 4,000 city fans bouncing in an entire stand singing and supporting there team to victory? Or that its encouraging for the players to look up and see literally thousands of their supporters jumping up and down in encouragement to them?

........:tumbleweed:

Guest BCFC_CR33DY

Probably not sung as much anymore because of the much justified loss in confidence in Gary Johnson from the fans. He's quite frankly lost the plot.

if we don't sing loud enough especially for the Atyeo they just can't hear us from that far away.

I can hear every word the east end sings, ok i know alot of the songs from away games but from experience singing takes alot of effort my side of the atyeo

a harmony of "come on you reds" when we get a corner probably doesnt get heard by even the fans down the front let alone the players, sadly it's just the way fans are in some areas, they go to watch football and be entertained, there's nothing wrong with that don't be disheartened by the lack of bounce

we will bounce again

'Bounce around the ground' seems to be sung at away games now! Glad to see it was sung at AG during the PNE game.

There's a youtube clip of the song at St James and even the Toon fans were impressed judging by their comments.

I for one would be glad to see it back!

That isn't to do with the song! Sweden your posts have been a little strange of late..

I'm thinking the Haiti disaster has hit him hard?

I think the song is better as an away song. Chances are, the away fans are more likely to sing so it looks better when 90% of the city fans are doing it rather than 29% at home games...

Good to hear.

We miss your swedish players scouting reports, I hear that center back you recommended a couple of weeks back is being linked with Celtic now?

Some people rate them, some people don't.

Swedish players are crap until they are spotted by teams like Celtic. But then it was a stupid suggestion in the first place. How on earth could we afford them?

I can't believe your high thoughts of people in football. At +40 they make a degree on a much lower level than most people pass in their early 20..

This player recommended on here in early May was a couple of weeks ago singed by Heerenveen on a 4½ year contract worth £1.5 million (Philip Haglund).

Benny should be our Scandinavian scout.

http://www.otib.co.uk/index.php?/topic/115676-philip-haglund-miiko-albornoz/page__p__1088260__hl__Philip%20Haglund__fromsearch__1

I think the exact opposite. I love seeing 1000,2000 etc grown men bouncing around like a load of kids. It brings a bit of fun to the proceedings IMO.

Always believe however is a boring droan of a song and i couldnt think of a statement further from the truth for thousands of City fans!

This most be the most cack piece of drivel I've ever had the misfortune to hear. Everytime this piece of dog turd gets brought up I'm actually sick in my mouth

Keep sicking it up Kev. They're both good songs. All our songs are good. You wanna be sick, check out the Alexandra Burke album. That will make you vomit blood. You want the City boys to be inspired, then let the fans ******* support them!

Archived