IGNORED

Danny Welbeck

Derk94

I read earlier that Preston had completed the signing of Danny Welbeck, the Man Utd reserve. I was thinking, is it just wages that are stopping us from signing prem reserves?? It would be great to see someone like Obertan down at AG for a year. smile.gif

1) Preston's boss is the son of the manager of manchester united

2) Preston is next to manchester

Its probably got more to do with Darren Fergie asking for his dads help because he can't yet stand on his own two feet in the Championship.

And who knows, maybe we were after him, but Sir Alex advised him to go to PNE so we instead went ahead with the Agyemang deal.

Its been mentioned before on here that your never going to attract the big players on loan here, the decent young players at say London clubs are more likely to stay at clubs around that area, so there still in close contact with there parent clubs, same with this Fergie junior asked daddy for a favour which he obliged with so fair play, its all about contacts and being in the right area which were unfortunatley not

Welbeck would have never signed for another CCC and certainly not for us. It's purely because DF is SAF's son.

Nothing wrong with it IMO, if you have the resources use them etc.. Although I bet daddy's paying 100% of Welbecks wages aswell.

We can complain about not getting welbeck all we want but imo hes not too different from our own Haynes.

The main difference between the two is Haynes has got where he is through actually playing regularly in the championship, and Welbeck through limited first team appearences but the very best coaching available.

Bearing that in mind, over the course of 1 season i think you'd get much more value from Haynes than you would welbeck.

And this post is needed because Preston are much better than us at the moment right?

Some people need to get real and understand that we're doing far better than teams like Preston yet post after post on here says how such and such a team is doing better than us at something. We are Bristol City.. and we are doing what Bristol City can do and at the moment we're doing a pretty good job of it

And this post is needed because Preston are much better than us at the moment right?

Some people need to get real and understand that we're doing far better than teams like Preston yet post after post on here says how such and such a team is doing better than us at something. We are Bristol City.. and we are doing what Bristol City can do and at the moment we're doing a pretty good job of it

Well said. We all know GJ doesn't want to sign kids on loan - he is looking for experienced, battle-hardened Championship players to give us an extra bit of attacking power (Agymang/Dele) or the width/craft that can open defences up (JCR).

The two signings he has made directly address two problems we have had in the first half of the season as reported on here endlessly - lack of width on the left (JCR will play left wing) and lack of physical presence up front in the absence of Dele. You could argue that Akinde would be suitable for this role but he is still very young and you don't send a boy to do a man's job if your own job depends on it.

I would like to see a replacement for McCombe coming in in the next few days if big Jamie is no longer going to feature in the first XI even against big physical teams like Preston, but other than that I am very happy with our signings in this window.

Archived