IGNORED

Excited

iWurzel

OK, so the players we've bought in in JCR and Patrick Agyemang aren't exactly the most mouth-watering names.

BUT, they bring a new sense of excitement for me.

We now have some much needed balance in our squad with a natural left footed winger, and also have the physical presence in attack that we've missed all season.

Hopefully they will both start against Cardiff tonight and give us something exciting and different to look forward to.

A City win tonight will bring some much needed confidence. We've struggled to go on any sort of run this season, and if we were to pick up a win tonight going into a tough period of fixtures it might just bring that belief back to the players and to the fans.

OK, so the players we've bought in in JCR and Patrick Agyemang aren't exactly the most mouth-watering names.

We now have some much needed balance in our squad with a natural left footed winger, and also have the physical presence in attack that we've missed all season.

Hopefully they will both start against Cardiff tonight and give us something exciting and different to look forward to.

A City win tonight will bring some much needed confidence. We've struggled to go on any sort of run this season, and if we were to pick up a win tonight going into a tough period of fixtures it might just bring that belief back to the players and to the fans.

We`ve only missed that presence because we gave the presence we already had AWAY.

Campbell-Ryce is right footed and although he does appear to be a player who will be comfortable out there, i'm not sure why its any better a solution than playing Haynes, Sproule or Sno out there. Plus, questions have to be asked as to why he's spent the whole of this season on the bench at Barnsley

As for Agyemang, from what i've seen he's no better than what we already have; in fact i'd say he's worse. The only thing he has over Saborio is the fact that he's got experience in the Championship and from what I've read on QPR message boards they couldn't be happier to have off loaded him

Obviously i'm not going to write them off and i really hope they both come in and make a difference, but for me this is more clutching at straws from the management than a couple of exciting signings

Johnson signing two forward players sujests that he's going to adopt a far more offensive formation and tactics and no-one can say its not before time.

With 6 days to go we will hopefully see another signing to provide competion for McAllister and to provide much needed cover for the left flank.

Things are definately looking up!

Johnson signing two forward players sujests that he's going to adopt a far more offensive formation and tactics and no-one can say its not before time.

With 6 days to go we will hopefully see another signing to provide competion for McAllister and to provide much needed cover for the left flank.

Things are definitely looking up!

Yea i must say I'm feeling a little twang of excitement, its nice. Probably nicer than the twang of despair Pompy fans must feel. :rolleyes:

Would love to see a left back come in, but i'm not that bothered. We have Macca, Fonts. Tanga there, sure fonts is a centre half, but can cover there if needs be. But if GJ wants to bring in another player then.....sure :trumpet:

Cambell will add pace on the left, so that is a positive, weather he adds quality is another thing.

Ageyman adds sod all, a donkey.....not as good as we have,

I would much prefer to see Akinde given the rest of the season to gain experience, he wont adapt to this level sitting on the bloody bench or being left out, Wake up Johnson give him the experience he needs, we are not going up this season IMO so time to give Akinde and Ribiero a run of games.

We need 2 new full backs who can pass and play a bit, Orr and Maccer offer nothing creative, thats why we struggle, they give the ball away to often.

If Johnson and SL are honestly trying to reach the prem, they will need players of prem experience, (quality) not sign 2 players who have been struggling to get in their own teams,

To me we have just added to more bodies to the squad, nothing quality, Preston have signed Welbeck from Man Utd on loan, (Now thats something to get excited about)

I have no problem with City sticking within a strict budget, but lets stop talking prem or pray offs untill we have the money to bring in the quality clearly needed.

Cambell will add pace on the left, so that is a positive, weather he adds quality is another thing.

I would much prefer to see Akinde given the rest of the season to gain experience, he wont adapt to this level sitting on the bloody bench or being left out, Wake up Johnson give him the experience he needs, we are not going up this season IMO so time to give Akinde and Ribiero a run of games.

We need 2 new full backs who can pass and play a bit, Orr and Maccer offer nothing creative, thats why we struggle, they give the ball away to often.

If Johnson and SL are honestly trying to reach the prem, they will need players of prem experience, (quality) not sign 2 players who have been struggling to get in their own teams,

To me we have just added to more bodies to the squad, nothing quality, Preston have signed Welbeck from Man Utd on loan, (Now thats something to get excited about)

I have no problem with City sticking within a strict budget, but lets stop talking prem or pray offs untill we have the money to bring in the quality clearly needed.

Well I kind of agree with what you said about Akinde and Ribiero but unfortunately the team isn't playing well enough to chuck in two youngsters.... and the crowd isn't in a positive mood so imagine if those two players struggle.

We are also just off the pace of the play-offs so why not wait until we know we're not involved to give them a go.

As for Welbeck..... you can blame GJ for anything you want as is your wish, but not having his dad in charge of Manchester United is a step to far!

Nice way to support someone before he's kicked a ball for us. Just out of interest, can I ask what you are basing this 'he's a donkey' stuff on?

Agree, i dont see were people are getting these assumptions about him from. Ripped are defence apart on a few occasions so cant be that bad.

If he can re-capture that form we will be laughing.

Campbell-Ryce is right footed and although he does appear to be a player who will be comfortable out there, i'm not sure why its any better a solution than playing Haynes, Sproule or Sno out there.

I must say I disagree with this. JCR can play LW and is comfortable out there. Sno clearly cannot as he is a CM, and Haynes and Sproule are predominantly right-sided, not to mention Haynes is a striker!

We have a abundance of pace now, This needs to be utilized and I hope we will start tonight by going at Cardiff from the off.

Couldn't agree more. With the likes of JCR, Sproule and Haynes it will be a lot for defences to deal with. Just hope we start on the offensive like we did against Preston and finally take 3 points against the Welsh mob!

Nice way to support someone before he's kicked a ball for us. Just out of interest, can I ask what you are basing this 'he's a donkey' stuff on?

I think he is basing it on his apparent lack of goal scoring. That isnt his job, I mean obviously he will chip in with 5-10 a season but his main job was to play in the smaller, quicker player that he had at QPR in Vine, Helguson etc and what we have in Maynard and Clarkson. He is. in my opinion, a better version of Adebola and I genuinley think he will make a big difference to the way we play.

Things are definately looking up!

Robbo, this seems to go against what I have just read in another thread?!?! In that you seem less than optmistic!! In fact slag off GJ tactics and the new sigings?

Make your mind up?!?!?

Today's technical tip from the Goblin grotto.......

I don't advise anyone to wear a sheepskin coat tonight - but if you have to - due to the bitter cold - then wear a cork up your arse. tip.gif

Robbo, this seems to go against what I have just read in another thread?!?! In that you seem less than optmistic!! In fact slag off GJ tactics and the new sigings?

Make your mind up?!?!?

Read the other post again. I don't slag off Johnson's signings but I do slag off his tactics of the last 18 months. I'm saying that hopefully he's recognised that his former tactics and formations didn't work very well and has signed two new players to try and play a different and new way.

Well...not new, 4-4-2 has been around for decades.

im looking forward to seeing our new boys i think there be a success especially if jcr can play on the left just found out he's bought a house 4 doors up from me so if he doesn't deliver i will teach him all i know with my cultured left foot over the park and make him a footballer yet.

This is what I wrote this morning,

Johnson is totally cluless...........

Sack the cokk

This is what I wrote this morning,

Johnson is totally cluless...........

Sack the cokk

Archived