IGNORED

Palace In Administration!

!james

Whilst I dislike Palace, I don't like to see any club struggling financially like that - just remember what happened to us 28 years ago.

The same here. I know some Palace fans have been slagging us off but like all forums just because they make the most noise it doesn't mean they represent the majority of their fans. It's the quiet minority I feel for, especially having an idiot like Jordan in control. Say what you like about Warnock but he does give whatever club he's in charge of 100% and doesn't deserve this either.

Allegedly the Administrators say there are lots of interested buyers. No sign of that when Jordan was trying to sell but perhaps a cheap buy now. Also shows the folly of trying to talk up Moses' price by planting ludicrous stories that Barca and Real Madrid wanted him. A sale at a sensible price might have avoided this, though there seems little sign of any big clubs wanting him. They may now have to accept less than they would otherwise have got.doh.gif

Hard to believe there will be a queue of buyers for a club that doesn't own its own ground. Palace are the Rovers of south London - not sure what the Cockney equivalent of a move to Twerton would be - playing your home games on Hackney Marshes??

The thing about Moses is he simply isn't that great - if he didn't play for a London club he would not even be on the radar. Compare his goals for Palace with Maynard's for City - there is no comparison! If Moses is attracting interest from Barca, Nicky ought to be playing centre forward for Brazil...)

Hard to believe there will be a queue of buyers for a club that doesn't own its own ground. Palace are the Rovers of south London - not sure what the Cockney equivalent of a move to Twerton would be - playing your home games on Hackney Marshes??

The thing about Moses is he simply isn't that great - if he didn't play for a London club he would not even be on the radar. Compare his goals for Palace with Maynard's for City - there is no comparison! If Moses is attracting interest from Barca, Nicky ought to be playing centre forward for Brazil...)

Maynard would be centre forward for brazil if he had any brazilian grand parents worship2.gif

True, though Coventry were bought while hugely in debt and not owning their ground. There is a threat to Palace though that the owners of the ground will cash in on it for development and leave them in the lurch. Surely any new owner would need to be able to buy it back or else it's just too risky?

As to Moses, he is very good but as you say, over hyped.

Having had a laugh at the expense of Mr Warnock, I just got an email from a mate who is a Palace fan - and a very decent bloke. While I am more than happy to see Jordan and Warnock suffer, the majority of Palace fans are no different to the likes of us and do not deserve the crap that administration is going to heap on them.

• Admin

Sorry but **** em.

We shouldn't celebrate the potential demise of any club (except the sags - I remember all to clearly their joy at our troubles in 82) if too many go to the wall, who will we play, where will the interclub rivalry and banter go?

The genuine fans of the club have no choice who buys their club, I can remember some on here wishing Sam Hammam would come here instead of Cardiff - thank goodness he didn't and we retain the financial security of an honourable Chairman.

We shouldn't celebrate the potential demise of any club (except the sags - I remember all to clearly their joy at our troubles in 82) if too many go to the wall, who will we play, where will the interclub rivalry and banter go?

The genuine fans of the club have no choice who buys their club, I can remember some on here wishing Sam Hammam would come here instead of Cardiff - thank goodness he didn't and we retain the financial security of an honourable Chairman.

FFS, let's get this into perspective, they will not go out of existence, they might go down, oh yeah and let's not also forget the people who will now not get paid by Tango man for the services that they provided, will the players suffer no they'll get paid eventually, just the working man losing out again.

Again **** em.

Having had a laugh at the expense of Mr Warnock, I just got an email from a mate who is a Palace fan - and a very decent bloke. While I am more than happy to see Jordan and Warnock suffer, the majority of Palace fans are no different to the likes of us and do not deserve the crap that administration is going to heap on them.

Fair comment. Mind you we all as fans have a role to play in ensuring our clubs are not financially mismanaged. We can start by not demanding our clubs spend way beyond their means to "live the dream" and by being realistic in our ambitions and patient with it. I have no idea if Palace fans are culpable in this respect but even Man U fans are finally waking up and smelling the coffee and starting to protest about their level of debt. Perhaps the tide is starting to turn.:fingerscrossed:

Any other club and you might feel some sympathy for them, but it's hard to feel sorry for Palace.

They've taken every opportunity to throw mud at us this season (Warnock and Jordan) and you get the impression from what's been written on the bcfc site, that they've gone out of their way to be difficult.

That said, you wonder if the men at the top who're responsible for this (ie Colin and Simon Jordan) will be the ones who suffer. I suppose Jordan will lose out financially, having put money into the club and Colin will be left with a fight against relegation. But, they could both walk away tomorrow if they wanted too and still be comfortably well off.

Any other club and you might feel some sympathy for them, but it's hard to feel sorry for Palace.

They've taken every opportunity to throw mud at us this season (Warnock and Jordan) and you get the impression from what's been written on the bcfc site, that they've gone out of their way to be difficult.

That said, you wonder if the men at the top who're responsible for this (ie Colin and Simon Jordan) will be the ones who suffer. I suppose Jordan will lose out financially, having put money into the club and Colin will be left with a fight against relegation. But, they could both walk away tomorrow if they wanted too and still be comfortably well off.

Indeed - the statement on the club website includes nothing from either of them. Presumably Jordan is heading back to his yacht in Marbella.

http://www.cpfc.co.uk/page/Announcements/0,,10323~1945404,00.html

Looking at the bigger picture, yes this is great news, however is there now not an opportunity to sniff around some of there players??

Surely administrators will be looking at the main assets which is there players......moses will go for a lot of money as he is arguably the best player outside the prem........but other players may be available, if we hadnt already signed agyemang then alan lee would have been a great signing for us......scores a decent ammount of goals at this level and very good in the air!!!

anyone else that they have that could be worth a shout???? ambrose may go to a bigger club than us

funny as **** it is.. sympathy after all the shyte and bile they spewed over that goal, it couldnt happen to a nicer club! Have it you cockenee wnakers, Jordan and Warnob.. get tae............:trumpet::trumpet::trumpet::trumpet:

and their forum makes this one look cheery nall..

Hi chaps!

Just thought I'd drop you a line from Selhurst to tell you how amused we are by your result tonight, in view of some of the vile nonsense that has been posted on here today celebrating our struggles. I hope you thoroughly enjoyed your evening.

Have a little more class next time - karma is a funny thing.

Cheery-bye!

Archived