IGNORED

Bristol City Best Eleven

bangers

What do you think is our best XI after that poor performance against Cardiff. Personally I have NEVER been convinced by Agyemang and definately don't think he is going to be any better than Saborio/Clarkson. On top of this while Danny Haynes is seemingly a fans favourite on recent evidence I would of prefer Sproule on the right. Personally,

Basso

Orr

Carey

Fontaine

Nyatanga

Sproule

Sno

Hartley

Campbell-Ryce

Maynard

Clarkson

Gerken

Mccalister

Mccombe

Skuse

Williams

Haynes

Saborio

You must be joking. Forget Tuesday all together. It's about time Ribeiro was given a chance, only because service from Orr is so poor and he is not good enough that he shouldn't be challenged for his position.

Although Maynard has scored our goals, he has been poor for a while. Didn't GJ say he had to learn from the likes of Chopra? Therefore, his place shouldn't be automatic either. Akinde HAS to be given a chance although that is now less likely with Ageyamang coming in. Don't understand that at all.

And, if you have to earn the shirt, I think Sproule has done that recently so he should start, especially at home!

Taking all issues aside, assuming everyone wanted to play for us I would choose this line up

Basso

Ribiero

Carey

Mccombe/Fontaine

McCallister

Sproule

Skuse

Hartley

Haynes/JCR

Akinde - and starting for 6-8 games

Maynard

SUBS:

Henderson - He was excellent for us when he covered for Basso - No idea why he is out on loan

Orr

McCombe or Fonts- subs for the other

Sno

Clarkson - Subs for Maynard

Haynes or JCR - subs for the other

Ageyamang -subs for Akinde

Skuse is a good, solid championship play but I think that Sno has that extra bit of class. I understand giving Akinde a chance but personally I would wait until we cannot feasably get into the playoffs and give him a run possibly the final 5-10 games in the season.

I still think Sno is a class act, and personally would have him over Skuse.

Ribiero is a talent but i'm not sure he is good enough YET to be in the team over Orr at this persent point in time.

-----------------------Basso---------------------------

--Orr--------Carey------Fontaine--------McAllister

--Sproule----Skuse----Hartley----Campbell-Ryce

----------------Haynes---Maynard-------------------

Henderson

Ribeiro

Nyatanga

Sno

Akinde

Saborio

Clarkson

And I'd try and keep that back five together for as many games as possible and stick to that simple shape.

Personally, I think our 'best' eleven at the club is something like:

Gerkin (based on Basso's contract issues, he's not included at all for me)

Orr Carey Fontaine McAllister

Sproule Skuse Hartley Campbell-Ryce

Maynard Saborio

------------------------------------------------------

The side I'd put out against Boro though would be a little different:

Henderson

Orr Carey Fontaine Nyatanga

Sproule Skuse Sno McAllister

Saborio Maynard

I'd motivate the players to close every single opposition player down for the entire 90 minute and force an almost cup mentality to this game where we must just try to compete, rather than outclass the opposition. It's a case of back to basics after a 6-0 hammering! That said, I don't think we can afford to be too shy and timid on the ball otherwise we'll lose confidence quick

......................................Basso................................................

Orr.................Carey.......................Fonatine.............McAllister

.........................Hartley..............Skuse...................................

.......................................Sno..................................................

Haynes.............................................................Campbell-Ryce

...................................Maynard...............................................

Subs;

Gerken

Nyatanga

Elliott

Sproule

Clarkson

Agyemang

Saborio

For me..

With Haynes and JCR deeper at away games.

-----------------Gerken------------------

--------------------------------------------

---Orr----Carey-----Fontaine--Tanga

----------Skuse------Hartley-----------

Haynes----------Sno---------------JCR

----------------Maynard-----------------

......................................Basso................................................

.........................Hartley..............Skuse...................................

.......................................Sno..................................................

Haynes.............................................................Campbell-Ryce

...................................Maynard...............................................

Subs;

Gerken

Nyatanga

Elliott

Sproule

Clarkson

Agyemang

Saborio

I'd agree with this - but it's crazy there's no more competition in the back four - hard to know if RIbs is ready yet but I think I'd have him on the bench.

I'd agree with this - but it's crazy there's no more competition in the back four - hard to know if RIbs is ready yet but I think I'd have him on the bench.

I like the 4-5-1 Idea, Ribs is on loan at colchester and recovering from a groin injury, not long term from what i gather, or is this a call for him to return?

------------------------Basso--------------------------

--------Carey-------Fontaine------Nyatanga-------

Sproule-------Hartley------Sno---------Cambell-Ryce

----------------------Clarkson-------------------------

------------Haynes------------Saborio---------------

Subs: Gerkin, Orr, Mcallister, Skuse, Williams, Maynard, Agyeman(sp)

innocent06.gif

-----------------------Gerkin---------------------------

--Orr--------Carey------Fontaine--------Nyatanga

--Campbell-Ryce----Skuse----Hartley----McAllister

--------------------------Sno------------------------------

------------------------Maynard--------------------------

Collis

Ribeiro

Elliot

Haynes

Sproule

Subs;

Gerken

Nyatanga

Elliott

Sproule

Clarkson

Agyemang

Saborio

Same team for me...

-----------------------Gerken---------------------------

--Orr--------Carey------Fontaine--------McAllister--

--Haynes----Skuse----Hartley----Campbell-Ryce--

-----------Akinde--------Maynard-------------------

Henderson

Nyatanga

Elliott

Sno

Williams

Sproule

Akinde

I think playing both Haynes and Campbell Rice on the wings puts too much pressure on the full backs as neither appear to be able to defend. I think the team against Preston is the best and indeed the safest option with Campbell Rice coming on as an impact player later in the game.

I think playing both Haynes and Campbell Rice on the wings puts too much pressure on the full backs as neither appear to be able to defend. I think the team against Preston is the best and indeed the safest option with Campbell Rice coming on as an impact player later in the game.

You make a good point about pressure on the fullbacks - certainly the problem v. Cardiff - but JCR looks too good to be on the bench. Goes to show where our weakness is in spite of the huge squad, not enough decent defenders

Playing 4-3-3, with Sno as a forward playmaker in the hole. He is the only player in this club who could presently play in the Premier League IMHO.

Unfortunately, on the evidence served up, I have to disagree.

On the performances I've seen, more like toad in the hole!!

Yes, he may be playing out of position, but he is a professional footballer. simply does not affect the game.

I'd love to be proved wrong, but as it stands, it's a one way ticket back to Amshterdam Schentraal Schtation!

I have heard so many people on here say that sort of thing and i dont get it i am afraid. I am of the opinion that by playing to attacking wingers we will automatically apply extra pressure on their full backs and force their midfielders back to help out. We havent played like that on a regular basis for years now. We constantly play central midfielders out wide and they tend to be more defensive by nature. I believe this invites the opposition on to us.

Haynes works his nuts off anyway and IMO can never be accused of not tracking back and helping his full back.

You make a good point about pressure on the fullbacks - certainly the problem v. Cardiff - but JCR looks too good to be on the bench. Goes to show where our weakness is in spite of the huge squad, not enough decent defenders

IMO it had nothing to do with being over exposed due to wingers not helping back and everything to do with both Orr and McAllister playing like they didnt have legs! McAllister wasnt even able to manage the simplest of clearances without giving the ball away.

Whatever anyone else feels. I think Mccombe, Basso, and Lee J shouldnt be allowed near the first team. Basso dont deserve it with the strop, and the other two aint good enough. simple

I would pick Henderson over Gerkin, cos of the cock ups hes been making lately, not just Tuesday. to be blunt Henderson couldnt be worse right now. Gerkin needs to rebuild confidence, in his ability, and the defenders confidence in him

Bradley, and Louis need confidence back, as do Fonts & Jamie Mac. all four need competition. Riberio may well be, although I aint seen him play, I cant say. We're a tad thin here aint we? So those four it is, with Riberio as an option. gotta be worth playing.

Hartley, Sno, Skooose & Jamal should all start in midfield, Pick any one of Ivan, Heynes, Jamie Mac for the bench.

Maynard has to start even if he aint in form, as top scorer he has to. Akinde is a menace in the box, but no goals, Saborio is disappointing, so I'd go with Anyemang. Akinde & Saborio on the bench

its pretty obvious where the problems are, from the lack of players for the bench.

Time to give any other youngsters a run, this season is never gonna happen. Use it as a spring board. A GD of -4 in the top ten aint good enough, and we rarely score more than 2. Use this season to build for next.

Archived