IGNORED

New Forums

Tom Fleuriot

Not sure if I'm serious with this suggestion or not, BUT:

I want a forum that posts constructive criticism only. I'm firmly of the opinion that, while there is a basis for disgruntlement at present, the negative mentality of a significant proportion of our fans is bad for the club.

Yes, it's a democracy etc etc but it's just so exhausting coming on here sometimes and having to wade through the hyperbole of "worst city performance ever" and words like "abysmal" and "pathetic" which clearly don't apply (except on Tuesday night).

I'd be interested in seeing this board split into three: standard, "championship manager", and "happy clappy". Happy clappy can still lament a poor performance, but would be more sober in doing so. Johnson out could be more aggressive in it's dissection of the team. A report function would mean eg that if someone went on the latter to throw abuse at eg glos old boy they could be barred from that subforum only.

I'm expecting a lot of abuse for this, and I understand that people think a forum is about debate and if I don't like it I shouldn't read it. But sometimes I just want a positive, calm thread and I don't interrupt strangers in pubs and tell them they're talking shit, at least not all the time.

I'd be interested in seeing how this worked.

I want a forum that posts constructive criticism only. I'm firmly of the opinion that, while there is a basis for disgruntlement at present, the negative mentality of a significant proportion of our fans is bad for the club.

Yes, it's a democracy etc etc but it's just so exhausting coming on here sometimes and having to wade through the hyperbole of "worst city performance ever" and words like "abysmal" and "pathetic" which clearly don't apply (except on Tuesday night).

I'd be interested in seeing this board split into three: standard, "championship manager", and "happy clappy". Happy clappy can still lament a poor performance, but would be more sober in doing so. Johnson out could be more aggressive in it's dissection of the team. A report function would mean eg that if someone went on the latter to throw abuse at eg glos old boy they could be barred from that subforum only.

I'm expecting a lot of abuse for this, and I understand that people think a forum is about debate and if I don't like it I shouldn't read it. But sometimes I just want a positive, calm thread and I don't interrupt strangers in pubs and tell them they're talking shit, at least not all the time.

It would defeat the object of an open forum if you had sub-forums for those with the same views. You may not agree but it has been dull and unexciting for 18months and 26/1/10 was 'abysmal and pathetic' and so was the 0-2 result in the Carling Cup against Carlilse.

If you want to be selective on what you read then thats simple enough to do. Just don't read threads with 'negative' titles.

It would defeat the object of an open forum if you had sub-forums for those with the same views. You may not agree but it has been dull and unexciting for 18months and 26/1/10 was 'abysmal and pathetic' and so was the 0-2 result in the Carling Cup against Carlilse.

If you want to be selective on what you read then thats simple enough to do. Just don't read threads with 'negative' titles.

Correct, no point having a forum if everyone has the same views on it; just as well get GJ to write every post :fastasleep:

Guest pogopete

So why should keeping Johnson be constructive yet people who have had enough of him negative,Johnson is a dead man walking rightly so the quicker he goes we can all get behind a new man.

Unworkable!

Some people are glass half full, others are glass half empty (there's also a few empty vessels on here too!). I quite enjoy the ups and downs of the threads on here, and to have all the 'happy clappers' together, and the 'moaners' together couldn't work.

If there is such thing as a moaners board though, we should tap The Samaritans up for sponorship!

Nice idea but wouldn't work - soon be infiltrated by wummers.

Atleast the booboys were drowned out by "city till i die" on Tuesday. We shou;ld try to drown them out on here!

Why, we all are in the same boat; diverse views on how we should get to our destination (where-ever that is) maybe, does not mean we all have to like the course we are on.

Archived