IGNORED

Lee Miller

Josh93

Could be right, Wilkshire had tons of ability, but was just beaten off the ball by no skill meatheads.

If there is anything I have learnt about this division since we have been in it I would say you have to be stronger, those players that are meat heads in the league below and now just stronger and actually have skill. At the time I always thought that Wiltshire would make it in this league but to look back on that now i would say I was wrong and that Wiltshire is not strong enough to play in this league.

Just read this too. Can anyone remember if we had a sell-on clause included when we let him go? Could be a little bit in it for us if so!

He moved from Dundee United after one year, to Aberdeen for free - therefore meaning we lose out on any sell on.

If there is anything I have learnt about this division since we have been in it I would say you have to be stronger, those players that are meat heads in the league below and now just stronger and actually have skill. At the time I always thought that Wiltshire would make it in this league but to look back on that now i would say I was wrong and that Wiltshire is not strong enough to play in this league.

Not good/strong enough for the CCC but good enough to get to the quarter finals of the world Cup and to play in the Champions League?

I will probably be in a minority of one and get my head blown off for this, but actually I thought this was one that got away. A better footballer than he was given credit for by many, still young when he joined us and very promising. I felt he was badly man-managed by Danny Wilson, who persisted in picking him when his confidence was low early on in his City career and he was still struggling to settle in Bristol. Later he began to look as though he was finding his feet but was never given another extended run in the side. Intelligent, tried to link play and bring others into the game and not a bad finisher when he got the chance. I was disappointed when he went back to Scotland and kept my eye on his progress for a while. I wondered if another English club would eventually take a chance on him and I will be very interested to see how he fares, particularly being managed by a Scot. My money would be on him making a better fist of it this time.

Not good/strong enough for the CCC but good enough to get to the quarter finals of the world Cup and to play in the Champions League?

Yes because playing in the world cup or the champions league in the capacity that he has doesn't automatically make you good enough for the CCC.

Look at those "Achievements":

Champions league - played in the preliminary rounds, that's pretty much mostly non league standard.

World cup - started against Japan and Italy, Australia are widely regarded as having a relatively decent first 11 but really lack any strength in depth which is why he is able to break into that squad and only played in those games due to injury to other players.

With the exception of Rangers & Celtic the standard of the Scottish Prem seems to be below that of the Championship. Player after player comes in after a good run up there and sinks without trace before going back to a Scottish club.

We're safer buying players who are proven Championship players than risking money on somebody from a lesser league. Strachan is making a mistake IMO.

I will probably be in a minority of one and get my head blown off for this, but actually I thought this was one that got away. A better footballer than he was given credit for by many, still young when he joined us and very promising. I felt he was badly man-managed by Danny Wilson, who persisted in picking him when his confidence was low early on in his City career and he was still struggling to settle in Bristol. Later he began to look as though he was finding his feet but was never given another extended run in the side. Intelligent, tried to link play and bring others into the game and not a bad finisher when he got the chance. I was disappointed when he went back to Scotland and kept my eye on his progress for a while. I wondered if another English club would eventually take a chance on him and I will be very interested to see how he fares, particularly being managed by a Scot. My money would be on him making a better fist of it this time.

Make that minority of two, Agree with what you say, played as a target man at City which he was anything but, a much shorter Peter Crouch is how I would apraise his style of play, good touch. Never recovered from his header against the post at Swindon (which would have given him time). He suffered in the same way as many strikers have at AG in the last decade.

I wish him well.

The minority is growing. I always liked him. He was very young, only 21 when he was here, now at 26 he should have matured.

The change of management didn't help him here, he also had a hell of a lot of personal problems off the field at the time. He needed support and wasn't given it. Another case of right player, wrong time maybe

Anyway he moved on and has picked himself up, motoring offences aside. I hope at 26 he has learnt a few things by experience.

:laugh:, he was just useless in League 1 so he's gonna be diabolical in the Championship. Silly Strachan, bless his stupid ginger ways

you cant say that, he was a lot younger back then, he has developed up in scotland and turned in good performances against celtic and rangers, i think he will be a useful addition to boro

I will probably be in a minority of one and get my head blown off for this,

Nope, me too. Always liked him. Could actually head a ball to which is/was unusual for our strikers.. ( Brooker excepted of course..)

And if anyone blames him for us not making the play offs that year i will scream ... into the computer... uuurrrmmm...:igiveup:

The minority is growing. I always liked him. He was very young, only 21 when he was here, now at 26 he should have matured.

The change of management didn't help him here, he also had a hell of a lot of personal problems off the field at the time. He needed support and wasn't given it. Another case of right player, wrong time maybe

Anyway he moved on and has picked himself up, motoring offences aside. I hope at 26 he has learnt a few things by experience.

The minority grows still further! he was badly man managed by DW who would have played Peacock in a wheelchair rather than Lee Miller. Never got a decent run in the side and will never be forgiven by many on here for 'that miss, at Swindon.

Hope he does well at boro but obviously not at our expense.

The minority grows still further! he was badly man managed by DW who would have played Peacock in a wheelchair rather than Lee Miller. Never got a decent run in the side and will never be forgiven by many on here for 'that miss, at Swindon.

I must confess that I have indeed never forgiven him for that miss at Swindon...

tumbleweed.gif

My memory must be going. Didn't LM arrive under Tinnion?

Archived