IGNORED

Lee Miller

Josh93

My memory must be going. Didn't LM arrive under Tinnion?

No, Wilson definitely. Part of the spending spree that still didn't get us promotion from the third division. Meanwhile he didn't regard Lita as good enough for the bench in the play off final.:disapointed2se: Bring back Tony Rougier I say. :innocent06:

Great to hear all the positive stuff about Lee Miller given by people who must have seen him play (rather than the ususal regurgitated rubbish spouted by people who probably never gave him a proper look)

Another striker that our club couldn't seem to nurture.

His headed goal in the 2-1 at Grimsby that took City to the top of league 1 with our tenth win on the trot is logged away as an all-time City moment for me.

I've got his framed signed City shirt on my wall.

Hope to see you against Middlesbrough Lee.

The minority grows still further! he was badly man managed by DW who would have played Peacock in a wheelchair rather than Lee Miller. Never got a decent run in the side and will never be forgiven by many on here for 'that miss, at Swindon.

Hope he does well at boro but obviously not at our expense.

I grows further..... I always thought he had obvious talent; a good first touch and used the ball intelligently. Unfortunately there was a somewhat bizarre (although oft repeated by managers and fans of this club- see Clarkson, Saborio) expectation that we could buy a young, relatively inexperienced striker from a foriegn league and he would instantly be a 20-goal-a-season man. I'm not saying that Miller would have been a guarenteed success if we'd retained him, but I could never understand why he wasn't retained or handled a little differently

I grows further..... I always thought he had obvious talent; a good first touch and used the ball intelligently. Unfortunately there was a somewhat bizarre (although oft repeated by managers and fans of this club- see Clarkson, Saborio) expectation that we could buy a young, relatively inexperienced striker from a foriegn league and he would instantly be a 20-goal-a-season man. I'm not saying that Miller would have been a guarenteed success if we'd retained him, but I could never understand why he wasn't retained or handled a little differently

Agree with that. Lee Miller looked the part to me. People seemed to forget his age and have massively high expectations of him immediately.

Blimey! I don't think I've ever had so many people agree with me. Thank you, gentlemen. Makes me feel a bit better after being branded an "idiot" by somebody for a comment I made about Tommy Doherty recently.

I think everybody on here has been branded an idiot, or worse, by someone at some time or other.

As long as it's not happening more than a couple of times a day you've nothing to worry about!

Blimey! I don't think I've ever had so many people agree with me. Thank you, gentlemen. Makes me feel a bit better after being branded an "idiot" by somebody for a comment I made about Tommy Doherty recently.

Doherty has some fanatical fans on here and the comment you received is unfortunately typical of them when anyone tries to give a balanced view of his contribution over the 9 years he was at City. It seems to me there are a few who only post when his name is in a thread title.

As for Lee Miller, I agree with you too.

I said at the time I saw him as a gangly Tom Ritchie type and one of the best headers of a ball I'd seen in a City shirt since Paul Cheesley. Though Cheese, of course, was brawny with it and was truly exceptional in the air.

Miller had plenty of promise that went unfulfilled at City and it wouldn't surprise me if he makes a success of life at Championship level.

I must confess that I have indeed never forgiven him for that miss at Swindon...

tumbleweed.gif

Maybe you should actually blame failure to win promotion that year on the p*ss poor performance the following weekend at home to Brighton. 0-0 as I recall. Had we won that game, we'd have nicked 2nd place.

Do you remember that Lee's Mum used to post on here - obviously very proud of her lad?

Also Lees' best mate posted fairly regularly and despite his obvious favourtism, use to pretty honest in what he said, wlthough he often had to defend the quality of footy north of the border from hostile criticism, as I recall. Did he used to come down to see play, as I know Lee's Mum did?

I expoct both will be new posters on the Boro board now.

Do you remember that Lee's Mum used to post on here - obviously very proud of her lad?

Also Lees' best mate posted fairly regularly and despite his obvious favourtism, use to pretty honest in what he said, wlthough he often had to defend the quality of footy north of the border from hostile criticism, as I recall. Did he used to come down to see play, as I know Lee's Mum did?

I expoct both will be new posters on the Boro board now.

Yes. it was a bit like the waltons from what I remember, LM Mum, LM Grandad, LM Cousin, LM Uncle ... more bodies than the Johnsons.. dancing2.gif

Archived