IGNORED

Strikers Apology To Johnson.

grove park city

Really good of the Evening Post to pass this snipet of info on to the fans,Agyemang popped his head round the door to say sorry boss for being so sh#te up at Boro then the other strikers followed his example ahh bless .Everythings ok again then 6 goals against Coventry no problem what a patronizing load of drivel ,proberly checking to see if he was still going to be paid more like it to expect people to be impressed by some glib "sorry boss" .If picked against Coventry get your ass in gear and bloody well score a couple of goals instead of making comments which count for nothing .

there has been so much cr@p spouted in the papers, tv & websites since cardiff. gj & the boys need to do the talking on the pitch now this weekend (like they should have done @ 'boro).

You have summed up what really annoyed me when i read the article its always cheap talk and has been for weeks,working on ways to address this and that then same old safety first football can't speak for every 1 but the feeling i get is that he is on borrowed time . Coventry City should really be buried Leon Best gone hardly pulling up any sort of trees ,surely it shouldn't need a all guns blazing top notch performance just a honest all round team playing with something like the quality they are suppose to have .

it's a great piece of media spin to begin taking the blame from johnson and onto the players. At the end of the day, gj has been here long enough for this squad to be called his and he has to shoulder the blame if we don't succeed.

EDIT: when i say "great piece of media spin, i dont actually mean "great"

What an utter pile of carp. The side was very fragile at Boro for the first 15 minutes or so, and to criticise our lack of ambition is very harsh. The best we could hope for was to frustrate Boro and maybe nick a goal, had we conceded, it would probably have been game over and damage limitation. The strikers apologising is just such patronising drivel, presumably designed to mask Maynards poor scoring run and the fact that Agyemang is an expensive short-term fix who is unlikely to deliver value for money, and is just impeding Akindes development.

Looking at our fixtures, we need 3 points on Saturday. However, with the team pushing forward, it may expose our fragile defence and line-bound keeper, if Coventry actually go forward. I gather that they were pretty negative at Swansea the other week.

Really good of the Evening Post to pass this snipet of info on to the fans,Agyemang popped his head round the door to say sorry boss for being so sh#te up at Boro then the other strikers followed his example ahh bless .Everythings ok again then 6 goals against Coventry no problem what a patronizing load of drivel ,proberly checking to see if he was still going to be paid more like it to expect people to be impressed by some glib "sorry boss" .If picked against Coventry get your ass in gear and bloody well score a couple of goals instead of making comments which count for nothing .

Exactly. Stop talking bullshit and performe once a week.

Really? Killen actually popped in??

Would have been more impressed if he had let's be honest sounded like he and Lita had a complete mare of a game,i'm just sick of hearing how things are being worked on in training they do a few more bits and bobs to come up with the same old hoofball. As i said before Coventry City should be soundly beaten if any sort of confidence and momentum is to be brought back,another dour 90 minutes then it just is not good enough and Johnson should surely be looking at the exit door.

Looking at our fixtures, we need 3 points on Saturday. However, with the team pushing forward, it may expose our fragile defence and line-bound keeper, if Coventry actually go forward. I gather that they were pretty negative at Swansea the other week.

Coventry are poor away from home, don't score many goals as they tend to play 1 up front and have just lost him (Leon Best) to Newcastle.

We need to take the game to them ala Preston game and we should be capable of outscoring them.

Eastwood, McIndoe and Morrison the ones to watch.

The problem is that our players are not good enough.

Well some of them aren't.

Our major problem is we don't have players to play in the relevant positions. Instead we have an overload of central midfielders with no wide players. We have a lot of strikers when we need to pick a consistent strike pairing and give them a chance. And instead of addressing our weak areas like left back, Johnson gets a donkey upfront in.

The problem is that our players are not good enough.

Point taken too many of the same quality just watching Palace who are in a real mess finance wise thrashing Wolves 3-0 ,total commitment from the manager ,players and fan's they want to win and have done everything in their power to do it . have not seen anything like this at Ashton Gate for ages this is what i expect on Saturday .

Point taken too many of the same quality just watching Palace who are in a real mess finance wise thrashing Wolves 3-0 ,total commitment from the manager ,players and fan's they want to win and have done everything in their power to do it . have not seen anything like this at Ashton Gate for ages this is what i expect on Saturday .

Funnily enough the last time we saw a committed performance like that from everyone involved with the club (including EVERY stand of supporters) was when we knocked Palace out of the play-offs at the gate.

Fantastic thread chaps, great debate.

Maybe, just maybe, the emphasis could be slightly wrong from the BEP ?

Just a thought that maybe GJ was trying to say the players know they aren't performing, but they are trying to get some form back ?

Not so much "it aint my fault folks", and more "the lads are trying their best but it aint happening."

Yes but the thing is all season the same thing has been rolled around we are better than this,rub of the green ,once the ball is played through for Maynard to run on to , players had the mystery bug ,unrest behind the scene's . Just now and again a game like QPR and BORO at home come's around then its just about the thrill of actually playing well and getting the win,its a combination of certain poor players others badly off their game and a manager who just seems devoid of idea's other than to stifle all open play and stop the opposition scoring .

There's going to be an article in the BEP tomorrow about GJ popping his head round the dressing room door and apologising to the players for not being able to coach them into being a cohesive, effective and entertaining team.

....and for being an egotistical know it all who speaks to his players like they have come in on the bottom of his shoe, so then they are scared to make a mistake and not play the way they should............ and no-one will dare question him, otherwise it's out!

"There's going to be an article in the BEP tomorrow about GJ popping his head round the dressing room door and apologising to the players for not being able to coach them into being a cohesive, effective and entertaining team"

....and for being an egotistical know it all who speaks to his players like they have come in on the bottom of his shoe, so then they are scared to make a mistake and not play the way they should............ and no-one will dare question him, otherwise it's out!

Two perceptive comments which describe Johnson to a 'tee'. The spin that comes out of Johnsons office gets more and more incredulous. Now the players admit that its all their fault.

The KGB would be envious at Johnson's ability to mind bend people to his way of thinking.

"There's going to be an article in the BEP tomorrow about GJ popping his head round the dressing room door and apologising to the players for not being able to coach them into being a cohesive, effective and entertaining team"

Two perceptive comments which describe Johnson to a 'tee'. The spin that comes out of Johnsons office gets more and more incredulous. Now the players admit that its all their fault.

The KGB would be envious at Johnson's ability to mind bend people to his way of thinking.

I just don't see the point in even telling the Post about players coming in to say sorry boss i'm sh#t hardly fills people with faith in their ability,unless as so many point out its to say look its not really my fault we couldn't hit a cow's arse with a banjo.Its the manner in which the fan's are treated like idiots this is not a few games without goals its been going on for nearly 2 seasons ,regardless of who is signed /formations played /striking partnerships its either rank bad signings or how they are told to play. IT is just plain boring i don't expect Arsenal's flowing moves Chelsea or Manchester Utd's ability to grind out results, but the entertainment value is zilch and no amount of half baked management clap trap can cover that up.

Archived