IGNORED

Johnson Out Chants = Zero

Martyn Hocking

I see none of the keyboard warriors had the balls to start a 'Johnson out' chant today - what a surprise. Easy to call for a man to lose his job on here -not so easy in the real world eh?

I always think its better to support the team when at the game! Muppet.

I see none of the keyboard warriors had the balls to start a 'Johnson out' chant today - what a surprise. Easy to call for a man to lose his job on here -not so easy in the real world eh?

What a pathetic post, perhaps our football was so exciting and exhilarating nobody had time to start onewhistle.gif. Or perhaps it was because we were all bored out of our minds watching a team managed by someone who week after week gets it wrong.

If your happy watching that dire boring rubbish then good for you, i would rather watch some football.

I think he should go, but I would'nt chant 'johnson out' - cos I appreciate what he's done for us in the past.

There was people booing when others were singing 'one gary johnson' - totally pointless in my opinion

What a silly post, again. How does effectively daring someone to start that chant help?

The support was good today considering what has been happening recently.

What a silly post. Again.

Where does the original poster dare anybody? His point was that despite a vocal minority on here (and the usual SC radio crew), that Johnson seems to

have the support of Ashton Gate.

However, the support was awful today. I heard the EastEnd (who traditionally make the most noise) about twice today. Similarly, the Atyeo (where I sit) raised a chant about twice but didn't exactly keep it going. The Dolman and Williams were silent.

I used to appreciate your posts Nibor. But someone seems to have stolen your identity.

Watching crap, boring football doesn't excuse moronic posts.

It's not a small minority though is it, personaly I can't name one person I know that thinks Johnson should be City manager anymore, I have heard many in the Lions, bs3 and the EE that think his time up, it's not a small minority, have a look at the other forums too.

Maybe just maybe, today's "support" was a suggestion that people have had enough of this dros.

I thought Johnson had no idea for most of last season . We have seen and read before why we all think h

We have certainly had enough of this dros and me personally would of got rid of Johnson before Christmas 2008 when we were 18th. But unfortunately it looks like we are stuck with him and his dour tactics and inconsistent team selections.

So Mr Lansdown needs to bring in someone else and perhaps give Johnson more of s back seat

What a silly post. Again.

Where does the original poster dare anybody?

It was a follow up to this utterly stupid post where the dare was made.

His point was that despite a vocal minority on here (and the usual SC radio crew), that Johnson seems to

have the support of Ashton Gate.

Do you actually listen to other fans in the ground? Just walking around the stadium before and after the game the dissatisfaction was universal from what I heard.

However, the support was awful today. I heard the EastEnd (who traditionally make the most noise) about twice today. Similarly, the Atyeo (where I sit) raised a chant about twice but didn't exactly keep it going. The Dolman and Williams were silent.

The lack of anything negative in those circumstances, by which I mean having lost 6-0 to what many consider to be local rivals the game previous and given up and then being behind against one of if not the worst side we've seen at Ashton Gate all season, was good support IMO.

I used to appreciate your posts Nibor. But someone seems to have stolen your identity.

Watching crap, boring football doesn't excuse moronic posts.

There's nothing moronic about what I posted, you may not agree but please if you think something's that utterly stupid say so coherently and I'll explain it for you. Rest assured I'll do the same.

What does that tell you exactly? Bristol City F.C. is known around the country for it's passionate supporters.

The fans were really, REALLY fed up today and the depressed feeling around the ground seemed to be pretty much universal.

It was desperately boring fare.

Someone near me shouted, "What time's kick-off?" after 35 minutes, because nothing had actually happened.disapointed2se.gif

I always think its better to support the team when at the game! Muppet.

Totally agree.

I have never boo-ed a side or starting chanting for a manager to be out. That never helps.

However raising your opinion on a need for a change is completely different.

I have spoken with varying people, some agreed and disagreed, in pubs before games home and away on what we need to change.

I will then go in the ground and support the team that is put out.

None of this is contradictory and I think the OP is not helpful.

It's not a small minority though is it, personaly I can't name one person I know that thinks Johnson should be City manager anymore, I have heard many in the Lions, bs3 and the EE that think his time up, it's not a small minority, have a look at the other forums too.

Maybe just maybe, today's "support" was a suggestion that people have had enough of this dros.

I want him to stay.

Blimey, thats a long old commute from Tunbridge Wells...how long is that as a round trip for you every other week?

Hmn?

I am sure there are plenty of people that come from further than I, but it takes me 2 hours to get to AG from my house with no bad traffic.

It'd take me about 15 mins to get to Stamford Bridge.

Conversations with the neighbour were always good during the week when we were in League 1.

"Who've you got on the weekend?"

"Away at Oldham so I'll leave about 9.30 I reckon, what about you?"

"I'm up that way as well but we're kicking off a bit later. We've got Man United away, a point will do us as Lampard and Cole are out."

In fairness he's no glory hunter. He can remember coming down to Ashton Gate when they lost to us in the FA Cup and they had Kerry Dixon up front.

As I posted elsewhere...For the record, I am and have always been a GJ fan. I don't believe Johnson out is the answer - upstairs, out or new Assistant seems the way forward as change needs to happen? As for chanting it at the game, your post sums up why there's a general feeling on here that a lot of people are aged 10 or have a similar mental age are on this forum? I agree the forum is for all but get a life?

What I would comment on however is the similarity between Danny Wilson's post match comments (Towards the end) and those of Gary in recent months - predictable, just like our play, flat and uninspiring.

Ashton Gate, the players and the whole place are just flat? I am not sure why but our form has gone towards relegation material and Gary and Millen don't seem to be able to change it and are seemingly devoid of any new ideas - cup finals, blocks of ten games, players playing for their futures etc don't appear any more? The last 40 game record says it all - relegation zone standard??

We have our so say best ever squad but the football is dire, the entertainment value nil and there's just no passion on the pitch or in the stand - we all seem resigned to going backwards?

We should remember though that BCFC is a business and decreasing gates, lower season ticket sales and decreasing sponsorship etc etc all quite correctly cause questions to be asked? This isn't being negative or wishing to join in any witch hunt - it's a fact that we are sliding backwards and GJ and Millen seem stale and clutching at straws?

I agree with you.

I support Bristol City, I want what is best for our club, this is a forum a place to air our views, Ashton Gate is a place to support your team, so I fail to see the point of his post!

Where does the manager come into supporting Bristol City? You mean you cheer the team on, but bitch about our manager. Or do you even attend games?

Actually, i Chanted " You Fat Cockney Bastard, get out of our club" on my own, and not to get a response, but more in frustration. I got a mixture of abuse and applause! I dont know what that says really!

On your own then though, a lot moan on here, but don't have the guts to use freedom of speech to even diss the manager at AG. I don't hear anyone chanting anything against Johnson. Also, remember how many people post on this forum compared to how many turn up for games. Also consider how many people comment on here but don't go to the matches.

I think it is a small minority who are on the witch hunt for GJ to go. Its nonsense IMO, unless we get in a mess. Like I've previously said on this forum, Bristol City as a whole is in a lot better state than most clubs in this league.

It seems pepole are never happy whatever and just find it easy to point the finger at the manager all the time. If the minority got their way all the time we'd probably end up in a big mess and out of this league.

It's pathetic.

Archived