IGNORED

Sno

Portland Bill

Today showed what some of us have said all season, Sno is not a Championship player.

The British style of football doesnt allow 8 touches of the ball everytime you get it.

Even the people on here who believed the hype, must now concede that was all it was yes.gif

Thought he was quality today- couple of really good passes- never gave the ball away. One very bad cross though. If he was ever picked to play in his real position for a number of games then he would be even better.

Thought he was quality today- couple of really good passes- never gave the ball away. One very bad cross though. If he was ever picked to play in his real position for a number of games then he would be even better.

Watching the reserves against Exeter highlights it appeared he was playing as a sort of right sided holding midfielder, picking balls up from the back four.

I thought he was good today, maybe feeling the pace a tad as he hasn't played for a while. That cross was awful though !

Thought he was one of our better players today, unlucky to have been subbed I would say.

Seriously? He was pitiful. I was surprised he stayed on as long as he did, one decent crossfield pass apart he contributed nothing.

Seriously? He was pitiful. I was surprised he stayed on as long as he did, one decent crossfield pass apart he contributed nothing.

I simply can't believe some of the comments on here. Were you watching the game? He opened things up time and time again - changes direction at the drop of the hat and is very comfortable on the ball.

Given the lack of understanding about football shown on these boards, I almost feel sorry for Johnson that he's judged by such ignorance. Sno is potentially on eof the best players we've ever had at Ashton Gate - the fact that he is played out of postion most of the time and not given a chance to settle in the team and let Hartley, Elliot or Skuse and the strikers get used to his creativity is not his fault, I think he's almost too good for us - that's the problem

So wheres his best position now ? The only place he hasnt played is along the back four somewhere, or in goal. Gavin Williams is a far better player than him and also is better suited to the British game, but he hasnt been given as many chances as Sno.

I simply can't believe some of the comments on here. Were you watching the game? He opened things up time and time again - changes direction at the drop of the hat and is very comfortable on the ball.

Given the lack of understanding about football shown on these boards, I almost feel sorry for Johnson that he's judged by such ignorance. Sno is potentially on eof the best players we've ever had at Ashton Gate - the fact that he is played out of postion most of the time and not given a chance to settle in the team and let Hartley, Elliot or Skuse and the strikers get used to his creativity is not his fault, I think he's almost too good for us - that's the problem

Can you give me an example of a chance he created by "opening things up time and time again", then?

He is clearly technically excellent but is also ponderous, we played him in a central three today and my opinion was that he was the poorest of the 3 who played there.

So wheres his best position now ? The only place he hasnt played is along the back four somewhere, or in goal. Gavin Williams is a far better player than him and also is better suited to the British game, but he hasnt been given as many chances as Sno.

His best position is where he played so well against us for Ajax. Defensive midfielder. I also think he can pick a decent pass and is OK as more of an attacking CM. Anywhere but the wing where is basically he has been put for most games. I also rate Gavin Williams as it happens. I like those 2 plus Hartley and Skuse so central midfield isn't a problem. It is only a problem when you are sticking those players out on the wing which GJ does all the time.

Thanks mate you have brightened up my day, i havent laughed so much in ages.

Every club he has played for have got rid of him, every club he has played for the fans have slaughtered him.

Now are you saying that everyone else has been wrong about him?

Looked good in a pre season friendly but that was in a game with no tackling or no closing down, you or i could heve played well for Ajax that nightyes.gif .

He wasnt even in the original starting line up today, so even Johnson now finally realises he isnt good enoughyes.gif

Can you give me an example of a chance he created by "opening things up time and time again", then?

He is clearly technically excellent but is also ponderous, we played him in a central three today and my opinion was that he was the poorest of the 3 who played there.

Well - off the top of my head he made an amazing pass from central left position over to the right - 25 yards or so - for I think Orr to run on to - in the first 15 minutes or so.

Two or three of his passes were poor but he makes so many in a game and always to move things forward. Elliot was energetic today for a change and Hartley was determined but neither of them a patch on Sno today.

His best position is where he played so well against us for Ajax. Defensive midfielder. I also think he can pick a decent pass and is OK as more of an attacking CM. Anywhere but the wing where is basically he has been put for most games. I also rate Gavin Williams as it happens. I like those 2 plus Hartley and Skuse so central midfield isn't a problem. It is only a problem when you are sticking those players out on the wing which GJ does all the time.

We as a team need fluency when attacking, all season he has slowed down attacks by taking 5-6 touches when 2 will do.

He has been tried all over the pitch in various positions but always wants to dwell on the ball, every 2 passes he makes, one goes astray.

Classic example today, Orr is 10 yars away from him in acres of space calling for a simple pass, but instead of just popping it to Orr he goes for the "hollywood" 60 yard cross field pass, that pass was cut out and Coventry were then on the attack.And it happens time and time again every week.

Styver,Soborio and Sno, the 3 big S mistakes.

Today showed what some of us have said all season, Sno is not a Championship player.

The British style of football doesnt allow 8 touches of the ball everytime you get it.

Even the people on here who believed the hype, must now concede that was all it was yes.gif

....a player of immense quality. We're not getting the best out of him but he is class. No hype. Now I concede that he may have looked better playing for Ajax where everyone had that level of skill but I love watching him play.

Can I ask a question? What's the point of a post like this?

....a player of immense quality. We're not getting the best out of him but he is class. No hype. Now I concede that he may have looked better playing for Ajax where everyone had that level of skill but I love watching him play.

Well I don't know if it was intended this way, but this post has certainly demonstrated that some of our fans wouldn't know a quality player if they saw one. I agree we don't get the best out of him but given time the others would start running into spaces where he has the ability to pick them out.

I guess, the point is that i am angry and frustrated after another dire performance, i watched an over hyped Sno unable to create any chances for our front men again. We need an attacking midfielder who can create chances and one who is not afraid to get ahead of the strikers with clever 3rd man runs. Gavin Williams is the only midfield player we have who can do this and he is not being given a chance.

Since Sno came here we have gone backwards, we won 3 out of our first 5 games BEFORE he arrived, and have won 5 of our last 25 with him in the team.

My last sentence sums it all up really.

Sno is very good at retaining possession (dare i say it similar to LJ..) but he dosnt seem to have the cutting edge when going foward. He dithers on the ball too much and looks too flat footed. When he was brought in i was expecting to see a dynamic attacking midfielder that would run with the ball and open space, so far he has only shown glimpses of that but not enough.

I agree with Portland bill on Gavin Williams 100% and i think im in the minority when saying when on form he is a class player. With a run of games i honestly think he would be a better shout then Sno. We saw last season when he had that run of games (and scored that cracker against Derby) the type of player he is when confident.

Well I don't know if it was intended this way, but this post has certainly demonstrated that some of our fans wouldn't know a quality player if they saw one. I agree we don't get the best out of him but given time the others would start running into spaces where he has the ability to pick them out.

Let me ask a question.

If he has all this quality, why is he playing on loan for Bristol City ?

Why is he not playing for Ajax? or why not a top Premier League club? surely a player with all this "quality" would be rolleyes.gif

I thought Sno played well today, great touch some good passes and did not give the ball away.

I would like to see him here next season.

here here, creative player one of his better games today , give him a consecutive run of games in his favoured position where he can be more effective would love to see him here next year.

i despair sometimes at some fellow city fans, we could have rooney up front hell score 2 and come on here and get slated yeah but he didnt score 5!!!

sno to stay fingerscrossed.gif

That cross to the back row of the wedlock apart, one of his better games today, bit surprised he was taken off.

Agree though with many on here in that whilst technically very good, the one player we have who you can pass a ball to in a tight situation and expect to hold onto the ball, but too slow to see the pass and needs too may touches before he looks up and so slows the game down.

Not just his fault but all our midfield fail to see Maynard running between defenders.

Archived